Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 8
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 very friendly, courteous and helpful staff
The staff took the time to help me with directions, explained where to find items in my room and the pet area outside. The kitchen was great and had utensils I needed to cook. The room was clean and the work out area had decent equipment. I will stay here next time I am in town.
December 2, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 We liked it so much we stayed another night
Nothing really bad to say, only annoyance was the fridge was really noisy, so we had to unplug it each night.
Oh and the breakfast selection down stairs was lacking, but the food stays out on the main road will cater for anything you may want.
November 9, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by MomDaught Very Pleasant Stay
We enjoyed our stay very much as we found the room clean and roomy. We easily fit 4 people. The beds were super comfortable and we really appreciated how quiet the hotel was. We'd stay there again. Thank you!
September 26, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Rmhoward Great for pets too
I felt very welcomed and wanted as a guest. My dog was treated with the greets care ever. The staff was Awesome, helpful and friendly!!! The rooms were clean huge, and very comfortable. Loved this place...
July 25, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by HappyA So Happy I Chose This Hotel
I have been a long-term guest at the Candlewood Suites for a while now. It is a great place with a wonderful, kind, knowledge staff and a unique, comfortable layout. I appreciate the free laundry services and the helpfulness of the Housekeeping staff. The location is perfect for access to the highway and all attractions in the area. Having a full kitchen is such a plus, too. Its a great hotel, the front desk staff is very nice and I intend to stay a while.
June 27, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Fullmetalaj0 Well it has a kitchen..
The stay was pretty comfortable. Had some minor inconveniences like the stove being broke but it was a quick fix for myself and the coffee pot and hair dryer were busted. It was nice and quiet tho for me and my fiance which was exactly what we wanted and this was the only hotel somewhat nearby I could find that had a kitchen in room. Overall tho the inconveniences were minor and I would and will stay again just for the big bed and quiet alone.
June 15, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by krj1316 HIGHLY recommend!!
I can't recommend this place enough! I came herewith my sister from Michigan on a business trip for my daughter.. The excellent service started when I called to see if we could check in early. We were happily told to check in whenever we needed to. Upon arriving, the lady working the front desk noticed we had been walking. (We walked from a business about 1/2 mile away). When she heard we had walked, she said had she of known, they would have gladly picked us up, and then offered to take us back the following day so we would not have to walk again. Once finding out what business we were there working for, she also gave us a discount on the rate of our room, that I had no idea we even qualified for! Rooms were VERY clean (and I'm VERY picky about where I stay w/ my daughter) and roomy. The entire hotel was clean, smelled nice, well taken care of, quiet, and comfortable. I was beyond impressed with our room, the cleanliness, and just the entire place in general. Nice workout room, and free laundry machines were another bonus. When it was time to check out the following day, the lady at the front desk was not able to take us to our business meeting, (also offered us a late check out w/ no problems!) but arranged for a housekeeper to do so for us. This went above and beyond in my opinion!!!!! It saved us from walking with my daughter and carrying all of our luggage for 1/2 mile. I LOVED our stay here and will without a doubt, be booking here again. Staff was all excellent, pleasant, and went above and beyond to make their customer happy. Thank you so much for giving us such a great experience!
May 27, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by 1000PlusStays Friendly staff but sleepless smoke filled noisey nights
1.The properity is new and well cared for.
2.The maid service is first rate.
3. The entire staff was polite, friendly, and pet friendly.
1. I reserved two rooms for 4 people for a period of two months. A 1 bedroom and a extended studio. Despite having a reservation months ahead of time, the owner let someone stay over in the 1 bedroom and I had to put my other guests up in a different hotel. Big inconvience.
2. Upon check in I was informed I had to pay for an entire month upfront until I protested. I still paid for two weeks upfront. Additionally, I had trouble twice more during my stay with billing problems.
3. Despite being on the top floor, the noise from other guests in rooms nearby and even on the floor below us horrible. At least once a week I was awoken by other guests.
4. The room below us smoked in the room and despite my complaints they continued to do so my entire stay. A lack of enforcemnet of the non-smoking rules.
5. Hotel is not within walking distance of any stores besides a 7-eleven. The hotels website lists a shuttle, yet there is not one. I had to take a taxi everyday to get to the Metra(train station) at a cost of $8 per trip. That was $80 a week for 9 weeks I wasn't expecting to have to pay. A car is needed to stay at this hotel.
6. Despite being a new hotel, the room doors don't have the automatic door closers most newer hotels have. So when someone closes their door, your whole room shakes and is very very loud. Imagine that happening at 2am....you get the picture.
December 4, 2012