Rated 4.0 out of 5 by 44
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by SpartanAlum Very good dining options
Four star restaurant within complex was a welcome and affordable surprise
November 19, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Referee101 Some issues
1) Room was very cold when I walked in. Temps had gone down during the day but I can't recall another room (I am on the road 140 nights a year) that was as cold as this one. Took me over 2.5 hours to warm it up.
2) Refrigerator motor was so noisy that I finally shut the thing off using the control device inside the refrigerator.
3) Wireless did not work--couldn't obtain the portal page. Finally called downstairs and learned that a cable would be in the nightstand drawer, which it was, and that worked. But why did I have to go through that? Just let me know when I check in.
4) Recognized as a Platinum but unlike most other properties I did not receive a bottle of water or anything else.
5) For other guests: the logo on the front of the property is not red and blue. It is green. I get the MSU connection aspect but when it is late at night and you're looking for a logo or symbol it would help to see the standard sign at least somewhere near the hotel.
November 17, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by BTFD581 Over all a good experience
1) The room smelled like lettuce or some other unknown odor upon entering the room..Not overpowering just could smell it right by refrig...
2) The queen size bed is comfortable but it would be wise to move the bed out from the wall just a little more since it is hard with 2 people sleeping in the bed and the person closest to the wall can't get out of the bed without climbing over the other person.
3) Should have a wastebasket in the bathroom area.
4) No wake up call received after requesting it the night before.
October 26, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by kken45 comfortable and clean, but . . .
no water pressure in the shower, please correct. Cupboard coffee not good, machine broken???
October 23, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by HuskerNation Candlewood Suites is an excellent choice if you want to be on campus
I normally stay on at another IHG member, but if I am greeted with the same features and amenities as I experience with Candlewood Suites, then I plan to make them my first choice when booking future stays. My rooms were spacious, clean and quiet. The staff at this location were top notch and very helpful to a new person in town. If I played golf this would be the place to stay. I wished I could have stayed longer, check in and check out was a snap. The only think I would change is to have cable in both rooms, but two TV's was still a bonus with 3 people in the same suite, we still had room to move about. WiFi, dishwaser, microwave, stove, pots, dishes, sink, full size fridge with ice maker.
October 2, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by s3easter Stay at Candlewood.
Clean comfortable room and bed. Love the large bath and the sun coming in my room in the evening. Staff very helpful.
September 30, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by JZG5025 location location location
Great location, friendly and helpful staff; minimal housekeepping.
September 26, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Rico67 Comfortable bed, nice kitchen and 1 bedroom suite
My only comment would be that the hotel is dated, blinds were broken and curtains would not close completely. It needs some updating in that respect but otherwise comfortable 1 bedroom suite.
September 26, 2013