Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 45
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by CharlieJ Wonderful stay
Our recent 2 week stay at the West Reading property was delightful. Our room was well appointed and comfortable. The guest laundry was modern and in great shape. The friendly staff went out of their way to respond to all our questions and requests. We would like to recognize Tim and Greg for their courtesy and helpfulness during our stay. On Thursday, the management team prepared burgers and root beer floats which was a really nice gesture. To our surprise, they even had Veggie Burgers, which shows you how customer oriented this team is. Thank you so much for making our stay comfortable.
August 13, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by cabar Good hotel
Very good hotel. The handicap rooms have bars and shower bench.
August 7, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Mister E Great Customer Service
My fiancee thought she had checked non-smoking when she reserved a room but when we arrived they had a smoking room for us. Front desk people were wonderful and were able to get us into a non-smoking handicap room. My fiancee has bad asthma and we would have had to go to another hotel if they hadn't done that for us, as they were out of normal rooms
August 1, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by goldentrike Comfortable bed, quiet room
This is the first time I've stayed at a Candlewood Suites. I would stay in one again.
August 1, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by MikeL27 Great people, not so great rooms
This hotel is the epitome of a good-news/bad-news story. The good news is that the hotel is easy to find, has plenty of convenient parking (the lot under the hotel is unique but definitely works well when it is raining!) the hotel is clean and the people who work there were very friendly and very attentive (and do a good job!)
That's the good news. Here's the bad news:
1) The suites are very small and calling the rooms suites just because there is a kitchenette in the room is a real misnomer. It's a hotel room with two electrical burners and a fridge. It's not really a suite.
2) The bed was small than advertised. We had a room with a queen bed, and it was barely that... it was more like a full size bed. Additionally, the mattress was quite uncomfortable, and the pillows were too soft for my needs. There were no firm pillows available (I asked)
3) The wireless internet was reliable, but to connect to it via the phone or computer takes over a minute. It should be much faster.
4) The worst thing about the hotel though was the room temperature. There is a digital thermostat which can be set, but when the AC comes on the room feels like an ice box. When it cuts out, it takes about 2 minutes for the room to feel warmer than is comfortable.
5) It was not explained on the hotel website that there's a train line running about 3 blocks away. This should be in the hotel's description. It wasn't that bad once you're used to it, but it took awhile to get used to.
Like I said, this should not reflect badly on the staff of the hotel since they did the best they could and they did it with a smile. It's not their fault that the building is where it is and is not up to the usual standards I have come to expect from IHG hotels.
July 31, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Prof52 Great service
Staff was friendly and helpful. Clean and comfortable room.
July 23, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 Good value
I needed a place to sleep. The room was up to date and the location and value were good.
July 14, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by eruthless Great location - comfortable bed and staff members are very accomodating
This hotel was in a very good area in Reading. There is a restaurant/bar right next door for dining close by. Also, you are not far from the downtown area.
July 14, 2014