Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 24
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by MrPilot64 Good sized suite for extended business trip and very friendly staff
I originally booked in for a 3.5 week business trip. Half way through the trip I was asked to extend by a week, and then by another few weeks for a total stay of 6.5 weeks. This was my first stay at a Candlewood Suites hotel (I generally stay at a different suite brand under the IHG umbrella).
The staff are super-friendly and helpful. The room and bathroom are large enough to make even an extended stay pleasant. This is one of the larger suites I have had on extended business trips and unlike those I had in the past, I did not feel cooped up. Some days I chose to work from my hotel room, and the office/desk area is good. The wireless was fast most of the time, even for most of my video conferences I run from my laptop. I was ill for a few days and had no problem working from my room.
These are the things I really like about this hotel:
1. Credit card is charged every few days (when it exceeds USD 500) instead of a huge charge at the end of the stay. For this reason, they don't put a huge hold on the card either.
2. The location is ideal for my needs. Our offices are in San Jose -- a 15 minute drive into the office with little traffic the non-highway route I used; 20-25 minutes return in heavy traffic (the GPS took me via the 880, but that's actually longer when there's traffic than the route I ended up using daily).
3. The gym is better equipped than those at other hotels I have used in the past. This gym has Matrix equipment.
4. The room is cleaned once a week. I prefer this to the daily cleaning most hotels do, especially when I need to work from my hotel room. I travel alone, so I don't need the room cleaned more often than once a week. I once stayed at a suite where they only cleaned the room upon request (with an additional fee) and I did it every 2-3 weeks there due to the steep fee, but I feel once a week is ideal for my needs.
While I definitely enjoyed my stay here and intend to return, I had a few minor issues during my stay. I'll list them here so that the hotel is aware of them, and readers can consider those they feel are important.
1. The bath had no plug. No issue for me, since I generally shower. I did not bother reporting it.
2. One time the cleaners forgot to replace the dish towel. I waited to see if they would replace it the following week and indeed they did.
3. The fridge in my suite was so loud it kept me up at night. The air conditioner was also loud, but I don't usually sleep with the air con running. It takes a week or so to get used to the sound of the passing trains.
December 1, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by joe73 Nice hotel
No problems. Great location and helpful/friendly staff
November 20, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Bunbun good for long stay
It was good for me, for long stay, but room cleaning was nothing. And laundry service was bad, because I took it for day service, return to me after 2 days, it was too late.
November 17, 2013