Rated 3,9 out of 5 by 241
Rated 2,0 out of 5,0 by emh13 Long waits; inaccurate information
So - there were HUGE lines at the front desk at every turn - from checking in to trying to get an extra key to asking a question. There was rarely a concierge available; when I asked a front desk person where the closest coffee shop was, she sent me to the mall….it was 7:30 am and after walking around the mall, realized that it did not open until 10…by that point I was running late for a meeting and so didn't get my coffee. There was some issue with the internet; even after being on the phone for 20 minutes with the people from the internet, it didn't work. I went down (another wait in the front desk line) and they switched my room. Still no service. Finally (another wait in the front desk line) they gave me a pin number, which DID work. I used the valet for my car - also a wait - though the valets were at least quite friendly and helpful - one time I ended up going in and giving my key to another hotel person because I was going to be late for something. Overall, a very poor experience.
9. Dezember 2013
Rated 5,0 out of 5,0 by nconn AV Assistance
In addition to my comfortable stay, I must comment on the exceptional service provided to me by Jay, who manages the computers / audio visual needs for the hotel. I realized upon setting up my computer for a presentation that I did not have the appropriate cable to allow connection to the projector. Jay went above and beyond to find me the proper cable and then assisted with the connections to allow my presentation to go on as planned. He then checked in with me several times as I was running through the slides. His relaxed demeanor was both calming and reassuring. I wanted you to know how grateful I am.
9. Dezember 2013
Rated 1,0 out of 5,0 by Pisti Repeat client very disappointed
Here are my issues with this stay:
1. It was so noisy upon our arrival that the first of the 4 nights, we couldn't sleep
2. Upon Check in, I was told that as a priority club member, internet would be free. It wasn't and had to be corrected on checkout
3. I have two accounts for priority club that I wanted merged into one - not only could the front desk not do that, but neither could the priority club once I wrote to them. Absurd
4. The breakfast buffet is absurdly expensive, particularly as the price does not vary even after the omelette station is closed and no longer available
Very disappointing. I'll now have to find a new place to stay on my twice yearly trips to White Plains
4. Dezember 2013
Rated 5,0 out of 5,0 by Chris2021 worth the stay
Worth the upgrade fee to the club level staff is getting better from last time I stayed!
25. November 2013
Rated 5,0 out of 5,0 by Eleazar Good Experience
Great food, great service, rooms very clean
25. November 2013
Rated 3,0 out of 5,0 by BillFromSC Room was fine but too many glitches to recommend
A pricey hotel with comfortable room. Potential guests should be aware of the following.
1) when I called the 800 number in advance to inquire about refrigerators in rooms (I need one to store my insulin), I was erroneously told that there would be a $20 charge for a frig. When we checked in, we found that all rooms have frigs, at no charge, since a renovation of the property.
2) when I parked in their garage, there was no ticket dispensed as I entered. I asked at the front desk, and was given a sticker for my room key envelope so that I could get in-and-out at $12.00 per night. Later, talking to the manager, I was informed that the nightly charge was being waived due to construction in the garage -- I told the manager to be sure her staff knew of this -- they obviously hadn't been aware.
3) when checking out, our bill still had $12/night charges for parking -- I protested, and the front desk person reversed the charges.
4) If you want to use the internet, there's a daily fee -- UNLESS you've signed up with their hotel's IHG Rewards "frequent flyer" plan. Since I had done so a few days before arriving, there was no charges for internet on my bill.
5) the parking garage elevator is at the far end of the banquet room area, and we had to wade our way thru receptions almost every time we went to the car.
21. November 2013
Rated 3,0 out of 5,0 by Kris82 Very nice stay, despite a billing error
I enjoyed my stay at the Crowne Plaza Downtown White Plains, except for an error on my final hotel room bill. I attended a wedding the previous night, and returned to the hotel a little after 1am, and proceeded to my room with my wife for some much needed sleep. We were awoken at 8:30 am with our bill for our one night stay. I checked the bill, and to our utter dismay, there was a charge from the hotel bar for late night food. We never visited the hotel bar during our stay, nor did we order any food from the hotel in general. My wife and I went downstairs right away, and inquired about the extra charge for a service we never requested. The concierge at the front desk checked into the matter, and confirmed that two pizzas, captain morgan, and something involving lobster were ordered under our room number. My wife and I are vegetarians and couldn't have possibly ordered lobster, let alone anything else. The concierge apologized for the obvious error and took the food/drink charges off of our hotel bill right away.
My main complaint is how could our room have been charged that, with us not having ordered it, and going right to bed upon returning to the hotel. It should not be that easy for someone to just mention a random room number, and that room number would be charged for someone else's food/drinks.
I work for a very prominent hotel and restaurant chain, and am displeased at how this error could have occurred. I do not think I could return to this hotel in the future.
19. November 2013
Rated 5,0 out of 5,0 by LauraKNY Impressed with room and people
I had a very nice stay here. I was very impressed with the room. They must have redone them recently, because I had stayed here a few years ago and I remember not particularly liking the room. I had forgotten a shirt when I checked out and I realized it the next day. I called up and the lost and found was wonderful and I got my shirt back. I would recommend this for a stay in White Plains.
19. November 2013