Rated 4.4 out of 5 by 91
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by emurray077 Almost perfect.
This is probably the nicest and newest Crowne Plaza I have stayed at. It is extremely modern, bright, clean, and spacious. There is a huge courtyard in the middle of the hotel with waterfalls and pools, an on-site restaurant, and a hotel bar/lounge. There are also plenty of meeting spaces. It seems to be a one-stop shop. All of the staff I encountered were extremely friendly also.
I really wanted to give this hotel 5 stars, but here are some of the reasons I didn't:
1. The recognition for IHG Rewards Club members is lacking. I am an IHG Platinum Ambassador, and the woman at the check-in desk didn't even acknowledge my membership. There was no upgrade (evidently the suites were sold out), and a general lack of enthusiasm towards the program.
2. The rooms facing the courtyard aren't very private. The only thing separating the inside of your room from the courtyard outside is a huge tinted glass window. Although it is darkly tinted, and highly reflective, it is still possible to see into the rooms when the lights are on. And to make matters worse, you can't pull the curtains all the way to cover the window. They only go about 1/4 of the way.
3. When I was trying to get ready in the morning, I realized I had forgot some toiletries. I called down to the front desk to have them bring some up to my room. After 20 minutes they didn't show up, so I called again. They eventually came after an additional 20 minutes.
I understand that these shortcomings are minor, but they prevented me from having an amazing 5-star stay.
05 December 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Athena13 Comfortable bed, very clean and beautiful lobby
I was very pleased with my stay. I am a timeshare owner of Sheraton and I get to stay at Sheraton for free. We attended a wedding and the couple blocked rooms at Crown Plaza for their guests and I was really very happy. Our room was far excellent for the price. It was very clean and modern decor. I give it a 5 star.
04 December 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by kokoro Great Hotel!! Great Value
Stayed there for thanksgiving and it was awesome!!!
The bathroom is really cleaned and nice, Beds are soooo comfortable!
And the overall atmosphere is so nice!
Really like the breakfast there! Unlimited omlette cooked by your own choice of ingredients! That's was such a nice experience staying in Crowne Plaza. Hope we can stay here again!
02 December 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by DheerK Comfortable stay and very friendly staff
This was my second stay at this property. This time I stayed for 3 nights. I was upgraded to a suite which was great. The room was clean. I found a work around to avoid chilly water from the shower due to the shower glass door only being a half panel. I changed the direction of the shower to the wall before turning it.
I love the sleep tight kit ( from Temple spa) but the housekeeping did not put a new sleeping kit inspite me putting a note on my bed
Overall I like the property and the staff is very prompt and courteous. The hot breakfast is great
Will definitely visit again
25 November 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Standu Just what we were looking for...
A quick trip to the area for some shopping and the Crowne Plaza was nicely located just where we wanted to be. Nicely renovated room -- QUIET -- lots of parking and a newspaper at the door in the morning. We had an outside room facing the back so nothing bothered us. Not really a fan of the open-concept shower but it was not either an issue or a problem. We had breakfast each morning in the restaurant and the food was hot, plentiful and good. Reasonable variety on the buffet and the made-to-order omelets were excellent.
Short drive to the Outlet Mall (not really worth it -- really geared to soaking the off-shore tourists) and the excellent Palisades Mall.
Plan on making this trip again and will probably stay here again!
17 November 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by ExpectedBetterRoom Expected Better Room for the Price
I stayed at the hotel nearly every week for a period of about 6 weeks, and experienced multiple issues with all of my different hotel rooms. Here are the big ones:
1. HVAC had mechanical problems frequently; essentially, the ambient temperature could never match the setting - always either too cold or too hot. The last stay, the unit in the room did not have the HVAC set to "winter" so that the room would heat, and when maintenance adjusted it, the loud noises resulting required me to switch rooms. The other room's heater also had to be "switched", and proceeded to emit a loud "clunk" every hour or so all night long - needless to say, no real sleep.
2. The shower installation has no door or curtain, but just an open glass wall opposite the handle and showerhead. While this certainly looks nice, the only way to turn on the shower is to reach in and get blasted by cold water, after which you freeze during and after your shower.
3. In my experience, the rooms I stayed in were never really clean; the vents in the bathroom - shower vent - in all of the 6+ rooms I stayed in were all clogged with dust, the showers always seemed to have at least some degree of mildew, and for the price I expected better than the typical motel carpet stickiness.
On the plus side, the hotel staff does try hard - definitely kudos for a good attitude - but for a Holiday Inn conversion to a Crowne Plaza, and definitely for the price paid for the room, I expected more attention to the renovation and maintenance of the rooms themselves, rather than the majority of the focus on the public spaces - koi pond, bar, etc..
12 November 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by seashore18 Good location
The Hotel was very nice..the only complaint I have is that when the heat turned on the blower was so loud that I had trouble sleeping. Also, I was in a handicapped room and it was quite small; It was hard to use a wheelchair.
06 November 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Sofia2013 Great Hotel
Great Hotel. Great location. We arrived tired and grumpy, once we arrived staff made us feel welcome and mood changed immediately.
02 November 2013