Rated 4.8 out of 5 by 76
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Aaronbd Awesome
One of the best hotels I've stayed at. Great Staff, great benefits for IHG members.
November 25, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by destineo Excellent Property
The property has, despite its age, kept up-to-date along with excellent facilities and a great location to access sathorn as well as the shopping in siam - highly recommended
November 25, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by furbabester excellent service
Very happy n relaxing the staff are so cordial n make mevfeel like staying at home
November 21, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Peksu Perfect experience
The most perfect experience ever. Everything was great, fantastic!
November 12, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Bluedog1958 Stayed in the Club great service excellent value for money
We stayed in a club room for five nights, all the staff in the club lounge were great and the service was exceptional. We would like to acknowledge the service provided to us by Aek, he made our stay at your hotel a pleasure.
Your hotel is in an excellent location with great transport links to Bangkok.
We will return for another visit!!
November 9, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ITCTKY Staff / breakfast
I understand you have Japanese staff but I have never met them during my stay. I personally think that someone of Japanese staff should be taking care of Club Floor as I understand so many Japanese guests use Club Floor.
Regarding breakfast, I thought it should be better that guests can take breakfast earlier, like 0600hrs in the morning. I understand you have early international flight for all over the world.
November 3, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Bluetooth When little things matter...
Having stayed at many Crowne Plaza Hotels in the past, I already had high expectations when I booked my stay with Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park.
From the moment my partner and I arrived, we were greeted politely by the doorman. The bell/concierge team helped with our bags and escorted us to the reception on the 23rd floor. To my surprise, all I had to do was present my passport for ID purposes and my IHG rewards card. The reception team immediately recognised my Platinum elite status and took care of the rest. The entire process was actually exciting, especially after getting off a long international flight. I was offered the usual IHG platinum elite items, but to my surprise, I was also given complimentary access to the club lounge, breakfast and chocolates. Unlike one other hotels (which I won't mention), this offer was made to both my partner and myself. Even the complimentary arrival drink was offered to both of us.
This is an older style hotel, with a few modern touches done through recent renovations. With our previous visit to this hotel, we had an issue with our room on the 28th floor smelling like cigarettes. This was a non-smoking floor, but it seems that it had previously been a smoking floor at some stage of the hotel's life. We're avid non-smokers and this was a major issue pointed out during our previous stay, particularly this stay because we were travelling with our 20 month old baby boy. It was great to see the team had acknowledged our feedback and this time we were placed on true non-smoking floor.
This hotel does not have all the latest gadgets such as RFID locks, electronic blinds, or even fancy "mood lighting". So what makes this hotel stand out from the rest?
It's the little things that matter.
- Service was by far the best I have seen.
- Staff was extremely polite and everyone remembered my name
- Regardless of where I was in the hotel, I was always greeted. From the housekeeper in the hallway, to the restaurant and lower lobby.
- The bedding is one of the most comfortable I have experienced.
- The rain shower and the water pressure was perfect.
- The hotel uses a really nice wooden baby cot, compared to many other Crowne Plazas these days who use the plastic port-a-cot.
- On the second night, we were surprised to find that in our room and the team had left for us a little elephant plush toy. The turn-down service had gone to the trouble of making up the cot and tucking in my baby boy's favorite toy (pooh bear) into the baby cot. Next to our bed, there was a small towel on the floor that simply said "Sweet Dreams".
- In both the restaurant and club lounge, the team was extremely friendly. They took the time to make sure we enjoyed our breakfast in the morning and canapes in the evening. The team paid extra attention to our baby boy who was always curious about everything. He enjoyed all the attention given to him throughout his stay.
- We asked the concierge team to recommend a good tailor as I needed a new suit for a business meeting. We were impressed by the quality of service provided by their recommendation. It is good to know that the team listens to feedback from previous guests and is not simply recommending things that are convenient to them (as they do in many other hotels).
- The lifts are on a setting where it is seems to magically follow us and anticipates where we want them to be. I never had to wait more than 30 seconds for a lift - something that is usually taken for granted these days. Quite often I read reviews where people complain about slow lifts in hotels, but this one is amazingly fast.
Although I am not allowed to mention any specific names in this review, all of the team at CROWNE PLAZA BANGKOK LUMPINI PARK deserve a big thank you from us. Thank you for making our stay so memorable, and I hope to visit again soon.
November 3, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Kevin72 Strongly recommended
Although I stayed only one night at this hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They recognised the platinum club member and had tried their best to upgrade my room although there was a limited available.
The breakfast was a bit let down with only western and japanese foods without any local Thai selection at all. Hopefully this could be improved.
Would definitely come back next time
November 1, 2013