Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by fger SO SO
I had a dinner in the chinese restaurant. Was very noisy due to drunk chinese businessmen. They were even smoking. Waitresses were not reacting.
Room was ok; but not the best bargain.
I would not recommend that hotel.
April 30, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by USAblr Visit recent past month
Only cripe was food choices limited. Could use a better selection of food choices. Rooms clean and workout area great. Pool was. Very nice.
April 23, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by fcbbhkg Needs improvement
Rooms nice and modern;
Due to municipality problems, water shortage - when you arrive at 23:00 and have to wake up at 05:00 to shower before the 06:00 no-water time (till 22:00), it´s no fun. A hotel this category should have water reservoir. Strong minus.
Arrived late from meetings on the day I woke up at 05:00.. at exactly 21:35 I entered the Japanese restaurant, only to be invited to leave, as last order was 21:30. For such a hotel?
Lobby bar was my next option to eat something, normally in such value hotels you have at least finger snacks for purchase. Here, nothing.
The buffet restaurant had an uninviting atmosphere, I preferred not to give it a chance - waiters were setting breakfast (at 21:40?).
I went to bed without dinner.
WOULD I return? Due to location, yes. Due to service, no.
April 11, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by loveate1 首都机场附近的好选择
April 4, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by MikeandLeonor Arriving late at the Beijing Crowne Plaza
My wife and arrived arrived at the Beijing Airport shortly after 11pm. Crowne Plaza had promised that a shuttle would be waiting. The shuttle was a bit tricky to find, but once found, whisked us off to the property as promised. Our room was waiting; check in was quick; Since we only had about eighteen hours in Beijing, we were eager to arrange something for the day of our flight home to Canada. Even at midnight, the concierge was able to contact a guide and driver for the next morning who arrived as promised and got us to the Great Wall, a few other sites, and then directly to the airport for our evening flight.
February 1, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by ArnaudP Rooms and Gym
Crowne plaza standard: ok
They should start to do maintenance on the running machines, it s disapointing in regards of the rest of the hotel.
January 29, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by DougC Worried about this location...not the best Crown Plaza Property
Dear Customer Care,
I very rarely take time to share comments or write reviews, however; in this case I was really unhappy with this stay at the Crown Plaza in Beijing.....enough so that I have thought very seriously to find a different property to stay during my next trip.
Here are a few things that may help to explain.....first I think will really help explain because it may be more the reason than any...
1) My Beijing visit was imeadiatly after staying in the Shenzhen Crown Plaza property and I have to tell you, the staff, the rooms, the service, the facilities, the pool, the Priority Club Lounge......the whole experience was pure joy. It is excellent so, the Shenzhen Crown Plaza has really raised the bar......and by doing so, the staff and the Crown Plaza brand will have to get on the ball in Beijing if they are going to compete with their conterparts down in Shenzhen (...where I will for sure be staying next time I am there).
2) The Beijing property is already looking run down. My guest room was a two room suite but the "living room" area was only average and the furnishing were in need of repair. The counter top was dirty and looked like it had been used for a small conference or meeting room but had only quickly cleared it off in a hurry. I was not pleased with this room.
3) Upon check-in, I was told I was being upgraded to this room/ suite and I was pleased.....but when I arrived at this room, I was disapointed because it is not as nice as the other rooms I have stayed in on previous visits to this location.
4) When I visited the Priority Club lounge later in the evening, after helping myself to some food and drink, I was told I had given up my right to enjoy the club privledge because I had excepted the room upgrade. Wow....now I was beyond disappointed..........in fact, I felt myself getting angry....and I left the lounge and made way for the elevators, very unhappy with this treatment. I know the hostess understood and was concerned she upset me as she came after me and apologized for the misunderstanding.....and invited me to return. I tried to regain my composure and returned but the evening was not the same afterwards. And my stay really never got any better after this evening.
5) I do want to add this positive note.....this actually just happened within the last 24 hours of posting these comments. I had to contact Priority Club Rewards customer service for help with this stay because it did not appear on my account and I needed a copy of the receipt. This also meant I hadn't recieved points for my stay. Well, I received excellent service in response to my request...from the first agent I spoke with AND from both the Guest Service Managers, Ashley Cao and Kirk Xin in Beijing so, I know you have great people at this level of the organization. And knowing that, I can also assume you have things well in place at both the hiring level and/ or the training level so, I am confident the issues with this particular stay can be easily handled.
I hope this account of my experience, with both these Crown Plaza properties mentioned, will be of some help. I only offer it to provide some feedback that may help someone looking at any improvments that may be needed to keep up with the image of the Crown Plaza brand on a global level. Shenzhen has done a beautiful job with their new site.....and I am and intend to remain loyal to the IHG brands so I only want the best for the Biejing site....and I'm sure the staff would love the help to take it to the next level.
Wishing you continued success and the best of luck....and thank you for all the great stays I've enjoyed over the years. I look forward to my next stay at an IHG property.
Please let me know if you feel like my next stay at the Beijing property will be better and perhaps I will visit them again!
January 24, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by captainchaoss Turn off
Having stayed here 1 night on my way back from Nanjing to Europe over 20 times I have always been upgraded to a clubroom. From december last year onwards this suddenly wasn't possible anymore and if I wanted that I would have to pay additional money. The hotel hides behind group policies. However if this is the way the inter continental group choses to award platinum members who have over 500 nights in their groups hotels then these members would to my opinion better think again about their loyalty. Again 20 times an upgrade cannor be called an exception.
January 24, 2013