Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 234
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Lou2001 great nights sleep
Room was clean but bathroom a little dirty. Brilliant nights sleep. Was not happy with the cost of £60 for 4 breakfasts, my 13 year old child was classed as an adult for the breakfast but was classed as a child for the swimming times. The hotel is in a lovely setting and was close for the Cotswolds. Great modern interior.
August 15, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Mel997 Good hotel and location, but poor breakfast
Hotel location was excellent with lovely way marked walks in the estate. Maps were provided at reception, which was a nice touch.
Hotel was modern and clean throughout and staff were extremely friendly and helpful at all times. The room facilities were very good, although bed was too soft for our liking. Air conditioning was noisy and sent a cold draught into the room making it very uncomfortable..
Breakfast left a lot to be desired - food was not hot enough, there was no choice of eggs and on 2nd day there were none at al!
In summary, the hotel was good, but fell short of expectations for a Crowne Plaza..
August 15, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Steve NW No twin beds available!
Felt a little too corporate.
I was unable to get twin beds, so had to share a double with my adult son, a little embarrassing and not much sleep.
We we're there for a wedding are we're supposedly offered preferential rates, although I find that hard to believe.
next door hotel looked lovely!
August 13, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Rgbargee1 Super hotel in beautiful surroundings.
We have chosen to stay several times and each time we have enjoyed our stay.
Our upgraded room was large,comfortable and a pleasure to spend time in relaxing.
The breakfast was very nice and the view over the gardens fantastic.
We will be back soon!
August 12, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 leisure break in the Cotswolds
Very nice hotel , great location and very friendly hotel staff
August 11, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by jaic Leisure
Having parked immediately walk past the tennis courts which were overgrown and in a state of disrepair. Not a great first impression - would have thought better to maintain/offer as a leisure option or clear the site.
August 8, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Mike-62 Excellent Hotel, Rubbish Room Service Menu
If I was on holiday with my family, this would be near the top of my list of hotels to stay at. Great location, comfortable spacious rooms and a good ambiance.
But on business I also need good room service so that I can do some work in the comfort of my room and this is where this hotel lets you down.
The room service menu is probably the worst menu I have ever seen in any hotel, which is particularly galling when you consider that this is supposed to be an upmarket hotel. It is also only the 2nd time that a hotel has refused to serve me food to my room from the main restaurant menu.
This is a shame as the hotel is excellent in all other aspects.
August 7, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by amasri74 My Leisure Stay
Being a Platinum member, I had certain expectations when arriving to Crowne Plaza. Below are some pointers from my stay.
1. @ check-in, when I requested assistance with my language, the lady on the reception told me that she is the only available and she can not leave the reception, hence I need to carry my language to the room.
2. As a platinum member, I expected some attention and got none....the least typically is a fruit plater in the room. Only after raising this, I was given a voucher for a free drink @ the bar.
3. On the day of arrival, around 7pm, I rang the house keeping few times and never got a response, I even called the operator and did not get a response.
4. I requested for slippers (which is rather a standard thing to have in a Crowne Plaza room), the answer I got was that we don't have those in this hotel...we are a franchise and not a 'Crowne Plaza'
5. Bed sheets were not changed during my stay, until on the 5th day I kept a note in the room requesting changing the bed sheets.
6. The cleanliness of the bathroom is below par....hair was all over the floor.
7. When checking out, I was not even asked 'how was my stay' and whether I had any feedback....which is a typical question in other Crowne Plaza hotels I have stayed at.
August 7, 2014