Rated 3.9 out of 5 by 145
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by KarenT50 great service
Older hotel with wonderful, friendly staff. They seem to genuinely enjoy their work and strive to make your experience as nice and smooth as possible. We had no problems at all during our weekend stay. Everything in the room worked fine and was clean upon arrival. The hotel is older and could benefit from some upgrades and remodeling. Carpet in the room was old and a bit worn.
July 9, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by mikasan Comfortable bed, pleasant staff
The room was nice and the bed comfortable. The location of the hotel was ok, no restaurants with in easy walking distance.
July 4, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Disgruntled DE Traveler Beware Dry Cleaning - Someone Else's Underwear
I understand the dry cleaning service is not handled in house; however, the fact that the only reaction I received when I opened my dry cleaning bag, found someone else's boxer shorts included, then called the front desk was "I suggest you throw them away... I could come up and do it for you if you want…" is the pinnacle example of the abhorrent service I received while staying at this hotel.
The following is the laundry (pun intended) list of other offenses I observed during my stay;
• Slow drain in the bath tub, reported the first morning, was not repaired by that evening
• The room did not include a microwave (understandable, I stayed at a higher level previously). I agreed to pay the $10 a night upcharge; it was not delivered that night and I was told “everyone just uses the community one behind the front desk. It is cleaned daily”
• The in-room refrigerator was not functioning, when the serviceman arrived he proceeded to pull the fridge into the middle of the room, left it there while “[he] checked on something in another room”, and did not return for almost an hour. He did, however, fix the slow leak in the tub after I brought it to his attention
• When I got to my room the third day, still no microwave present, I called the front desk and was told they would bring it up immediately. When it arrived I failed to notice, until I went to use it several hours later, no tray for the turntable was present.
• Last, and sort of least, I asked for an Ethernet cable to use the in room network. The serviceman delivered it much later and advised it had a broken jack and that was all they had and he had to search high and low to find it…
Overall, I would never stay at a Crowne Plaza ever again and I will tell everyone I work with to avoid this one like the plague. Lastly, at the time I am posting this review the front desk external phone number has been unreachable for over 3 hours (I left my receipt at home and was hoping they could fax a copy… I guess that is far too much to ask of this place). I called the corporate/national number, they confirmed they also could not ring the hotel and took my information for a call back. I am not holding my breath.
July 2, 2014