Rated 3.8 out of 5 by 111
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by TheHillFamily Not a great value for the money, but the room itself was nice.
We needed to stay in this area to be close to family over Thanksgiving. Overall, barely three stars.
The room was large and clean and decorated in a cute way. Comfy bed, nice pillows. Little couch, big TV, some free cable channels.
Here's what wasn't awesome:
- One of the two elevators wouldn't go to the 4th floor (where our room was) and they were both super slow, so big delays.
- The room service took almost an hour for some eggs and toast after a promise of 15-20 minutes. No apology.
- The elevator bank on our non-smoking floor stank of cigarettes. Our room was really far from it, so it smelled fine, but it's never fun to smell that as a non-smoker.
- The door knob on our room broke. It took a while to diagnose and fix, to the point where my sister, who had come to hang out in our room, just gave up and went home.
- The internet in the business center didn't work, so they had to let me behind the front desk to print our boarding passes, on a printer that was running out of ink.
- The staff was completely accustomed to and unfazed by all the broken things - just use the other elevator, we'll send a repair man, etc.
They did take the room service off the bill as we checked out, but at no point during any of this did they take any pride in their hotel and express surprise and regret that things weren't up to par. They clearly had low standards for the place.
I might stay there again due to the location, but only because there aren't any other choices in the area. They really should drop the price significantly to make up for all of this.
December 10, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by sleeplessinKittanning Satisfied business traveler
I travel all over Pennsylvania for business and there were a few things that stood out at the Crowne Plaza as positive items. One, all the staff people at the hotel were amazingly friendly, competent and helpful. And there were plenty of people, at check-in, at the restaurant and then again at check-out.
The room was very nice -- the furniture was in good repair, the bed was very comfortable, the climate control system was better-than-average and effectively cooled the room (even though it was December, I'm usually hot and had to turn the air on to cool the room to a comfortable tempertaure).
The internet service was good, too.
The areas I found lacking: my room had those unsightly dust lines all around the edges of the room and between the nightstand and the bed. These are the difficult-to-reach nooks and crannies where the vacuum won't easily reach and where nasty things like toe nail clippings, cheetos and other debris collect because someone isn't using -- or doesn't have -- a crevice tool.
Overall, the service was terrific and the room, on whole, was quite comfortable. The shower was good with good pressure and good, hot water.
I'd certainly stay again but I do wish the parking lot was larger and that someone would police the turnaround at the lobby to ensure that cars aren't blocking the entrance and handicap ramp and aren't sitting for longer than the posted 15 minutes.
December 6, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Dee26 Very clean rooms and excellent staff.
We were very pleased with our stay. The rooms were clean. The staff members were very helpful and courtesy. Michelle was EXCEPTIONALLY helpful to our needs and a very nice person. She always makes sure we have everything we need to please us during our stay. The breakfast coupons were great. The pool and fitness area were wonderful as well. Great place to stay. We stay there every time we are in the area, and plan to do so again in the summer.
December 5, 2013