The San Francisco dining scene takes you far beyond the ordinary, and Sonoma and Napa Valley ensure that you’ll have excellent wine when you’re enjoying a meal in one of the excellent restaurants of the Bay Area.
Although downtown claims the highest concentration of great places in San Francisco, you’ll find plenty of excellent restaurants near our Bay Area hotel, including these favorites:
- Stella Alpina Osteria for Chef Matteo Ferrari’s pasta purses stuffed with pears and asiago cheese
- Mingalaba Restaurant for Burmese curry beef and pumpkin yellow chicken
- The reportedly haunted former speakeasy, Moss Beach Distillery, for organic American comfort food
- Bottom of the Hill, Rolling Stone magazine’s favorite music venue in San Francisco
Just a 30-minute drive north of SFO airport, San Francisco’s downtown offers big-name fashion boutiques next door to chic arts-and-crafts shops, theaters, botanical gardens, and historic sites, especially along the Embarcadero.
- Some gems, easily accessible to our SFO airport hotel’s guests, include:
- Union Square, which overflows with designer boutiques, galleries, upscale stores and elegant restaurants
- San Francisco Symphony for an evening of orchestral classics
- American Conservatory Theater for everything from Shakespearean drama to Tony Award-winning musicals
- Asian Art Museum, highlighting 6,000 years of exclusively Asian sculpture, painting, ceramics, furniture, basket arts, and textiles