Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 57
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by meuwtje067 Excellent Bar-Staff
We had a great stay in this hotel. Nice to give your car at the valet-parking so you don't have to do it yourself. Had some drinks in the bar. The bartender was perfect and also the items you get with your beer like nuts/olives/little sausages. Room was great and had all you desired. Great roomservice, we were hungry at night and had a perfact meatball/fries and salade. Breakfast was perfect. Next time Liege, Crown Plaza again...
May 12, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by DanielD Marvelous stay and unique experience
Truly a 5-star quality and service, we had chosen for a suite and did not regret it : absolute comfort in an authentic environment , beautifully restored. The bar provided a special ambiance with its vaulted cellars while both restaurants even distract you from going to town... which is surely a must : the city of Liege is well known for its special festive nightlife !
We'll certainly return to enjoy a Jazz evening , a nice initiative every month. A special mention to the staff, not only multi-lingual but perfectly styled and extremely kind.
P.S don't forget to surprise your lady with a visit to the spa !
April 6, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Laure33 Superb buildings beautifully restored
The historical buildings of the hotel are superb and beautifully restored. The rooms are comfortable and very quiet. 2 small remarks:
1. the vegetables served with the "carré d'agneau" at the restaurant La Cocotte were ridiculously small a portion. Too bad because the dish as a whole was delicious
2. no cook to serve the eggs at breakfast before 7am when breakfast opens at 6:30am. That's not fair on the customers.
April 4, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by JCR0509 Nice place
Very nice building, close to the town center. Pleasant and helpful staff.
March 23, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Mond Very Impressive
I like the Atmosphere
Staff is helpful and friendly
room style is good
March 21, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 Impressive location, nice design, friendly service (except for wellness area) but a backlog of Maintenance of at least 3 years
My short description summarizes the stay in the Crown Plaza Liege very well. But let’s start from the beginning:
Arrival on Friday, had a very nice men at the reception who knew what he was doing, upgraded our room, explained the details, arranged re-access to the car which was parked by the “voiturier”. It was a very welcoming check-in, absolutely to keep that way.
Then we went to the room (Room 620), a very nice room, approximately 30 m2, with beautiful bath room and furniture.
As I have spent more than 200 nights in Hotels all over the world I might be quite picky on the rooms and the hygiene, and there is definitely room for improvement:
Remarks on the Room:
1. Get rid of hairs on the pillows that are not obviously mine
2. Check lamps, as there were not all working fine (the one at the bed was flickering)
Remarks on the Bathroom:
1. Make sure that the shower and the bath-tub are cleaned with special products, as the non-slip coating tends to pick up the dirt from everyone, and they were really dirty (as if someone walked in with street shoes)
2. Both seals of the shower heads were not put into place like ti should, so water went to all directions
3. The windows of the shower have not be cleaned as it should as you could see a lot of striped and wipes over it
For a 5-Star Hotel this is inacceptable
Next morning we went to the Breakfast. Very welcoming service. Nice people working in this hotel with a lot of potential.
I had the bacon, my girlfriend the omelet and I also had an egg. The timer for the Egg was yellow and dirty and sticky, you do not give such a thing to a guest. The omelet was very oily, my girlfriend did not eat it, the bacon was too…tell the cook, that you do not have to add oil to make bacon!
After a nice day of walking and shopping, we came back around 18.30 to the hotel with the idea of using the Osmose Wellness area.
This was the most shocking wellness experience I ever had in a 5 Star hotel. Even in Burkina Faso the wellness areas I have seen were cleaner, maintained and quiet. Here it was horrible for these reasons:
1. Wet towels in the preparation showers of the locker rooms that have not been taken away for the whole day as they for wet like the ground itself and the floor has not seen any cleaning for the whole day. Imagine the bacteria these towels concentrate
2. The Shower itself had brown seal around, black spots, the seals again broken (like in the room)
3. The ground in the wellness area such as around the pool had all kind of particles on the floor, it was slippery and wet all over the place, no hanging hooks for your towels, we had to lay them down on the chairs
4. The pool water (after a closer look, because the light of the pool was not working everywhere), had millions of particles swimming in it (looked like skin) so we immediately went out of the pool
5. The Hamm’am felt dirty, the ground was dirty, the seats felt like a layer of lime scale, we felt disgust
6. Went to the sauna to check maybe is better there, well at least there you know that temperature is so high, that bacteria should not survive, but also there the door was not closing well, so the sauna did not have the full temperature, and in fact the sauna was heating the pool area, which was anyway very cold
7. The showers at the Hamm’am and the Sauna had a devastated look. The wall was dissolving itself, the showerhead on the left was ripped off the wall, and the gypsum of the wall was on the ground.
8. The wellness area has rules such as being quiet and to respect the other guests, but with a bunch of young people in the whirlpool that were so loud, this experience was everything else then wellness.
9. I have seen many of those places, but this is the first where there is no one constantly checking or wiping the floor to make sure it looks nice all the time.
10. The person working at the front desk was not friendly at all, apparently she has nothing else to do as to discuss private things on the phone, then to say: Take the towels there, I let you in, that’s it…She could have shown us around, so maybe she would see in what shape the wellness area is.
To be honest, the most shocking was the particles in the water and the wet towels in the showers to avoid slipping.
The rest of the hotel:
Everywhere you can see, that the maintenance has run into a backlog and that nothing is really perfect if you look a little closer. And here just to name parts of them:
1. Chairs in the bar/smokers lounge are losing decoration cloth
2. Cracks in walls, lights not working, paper getting off the wall, metal plates of the lifts on the floor loose
3. Carpet not 100% clean
I would like to offer the GM of the Hotel to show him around for a complete Week-end and to make together with him a list of things that needs to be done, to make this hotel again a 5-Star worth hotel with a unique customer experience. Feel free to contact me
March 11, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Occitan34 Good confort with profesional staff
The hotel is fantastically located in a castle. My only negatice point is that there is not even one smoking room in the whole hotel which is to my opinion not aceptable for a 5 stars hotel. I will most probably will not come back because of this and the unpersonal ambiance.
March 6, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Skywalker1964 A very good surprise
Superb suites in the old building. Great view.
Restaurant "Le Sélys" is excellent as well as the staff.
On the opposite, the service at the brasserie restaurant "Ô cocottes" is slow and it is over prized.
The bar "La cave" is a place to visit, once.
February 21, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by rogerj good use of historic site
though a little out-of-the-way! Five-star main entrance acceptably informal, furnishing a matter of taste (mine is a little more traditional!) but all-in-all I would certainly stay again!
February 20, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by will52 Great hotel
For one night in the hotel for the first time. The hotel has been integrated in an old completely renovated building of the 16e century right in the center and overviewing the town. Warm welcoming, good service and very comfortable bedrooms. To be recommended.
February 4, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Sher14 Poor staff and bad room above fitness centre door, but excellent breakfast
Beautiful hotel, but the staff was not very willing.
On the second day i complained about the wireless network which didn't work in the room, missing a bedtable and a bad smell from the bathroom. We also heard the buzzer from the fitness below us like every 2 minutes from 8am till 10 pm.
She said after a long phone conversation i will see what i can do and that was that.
They also told us yes we know the wireless connection doesn't work very good in that room because it is the last room on that floor:(
After we came back in the afternoon the bedtable was there, the smell was not that bad anymore but the wireless was still bad and the buzzer as well.
The following morning we checked out and the guy who was standing there never asked how our stay was and didn't say "bye have a nice day". We thought a lot about a five star hotel but next time i can go to a three or four star hotel and expect the same or better service from the staff.
January 23, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Wamms Great hotel en excellent stay
We were in room 207, and I wonder if the airco was working fully.
We found the duvet very very warm, and there was no way to take a layer off. Our son and fiancee had the same experience, they were very hot at night. But that was the only comment we had!
January 13, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Jon1209 Great service
This weekend was very perfect. Great service. Great room. Great bar.
I am very satisfied with these holidays
January 7, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 Excellent stay
Spent one night there and very enjoyable stay, staff is professional and very helpful. Close to the city center.
January 6, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 Great venue in Liege - Belgium
We stayed for one night during the last weekend before new year to the Crowne Plazza of Liège. I know the City for a while but It was a long time that I had not come back to the "Cité Ardente". I use to travel quite a lot and I have been really impressed by the fantastic quality of the venue proposed by the Crowne Plazza Liège. There is something magic there thanks to the mix between the fine wedding between the old style of the building and the perfectly trendy design furnitures. The staff is really helpfull, the food is great and you have a wonderfull sightseeing of the center of the town. Try it and I am sure that you will love this hotel.
January 5, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 Best Staff
I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Liege from December 11th through the 20th. The staff was simply amazing. I have stayed in Crowne Plazas and Holiday Inns throughout many countries and have never had a staff more helpful. Great location, very comfortable beds, and super staff.
December 26, 2012
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Ed000025 Internet
Very nice hotel, but the worst wireless internet I have encountered at a hotel. It made it very difficult to accomplish any work from my room.
December 22, 2012
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Readerski Great Hotel except for False Alarm at Night Time
Your hotel and staff were of high quality and overall I enjoyed my stay. My only BAD experience was being awaken by loud alarm at night, telling me to leave immediately for emergency situation.
Had it been a real emergency I would have been happy for sure. But is was a false alarm that disrupted my deep, and really needed, sleep. I quickly got dressed and went outside.
Yes, I got an apology note, but this did not seem adequate in my particular case.
And being this was second time in recent months that your guests experienced this, I was surprised the technical issue was not already fixed.
October 30, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Antiik Ein Lieblingsplatz!
Lage, Ambiente, Zimmer, besonders die Suiten im Chalet sind
perfekt und mit Geschmack eingerichtet.
Das Personal beginnend beim Doorman über Rezeption bis
ins Restaurant immer aufmerksam, zuvorkommend und
Bereits nach kurzer Zeit wurden wir gerne Stammkunden und wenn
Lüttich - dann nur CROWN PLAZA!
October 24, 2012