Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 57
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by RG15 Very modern hotel.
No complaints for my very short visit to hotel. Bar staff (Kevin) was very friendly.
August 11, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Ibehem Very nice hotel but awful Executive Lounge
I had wonderful experiences during my stays at IHG hotels in all Executive Lounge.
I tried the Executive lounge in Liège and it was a real disaster. I looked as an abandoned place. Old dishes, empty bar (no water! empty coke bottles, ...). I arrived at 5pm and the were still old stuff from the breakfast (I took some pictures).
After complaining, the bar was refilled with coke, but still no water.
The day after, the breakfast was almost empty. Old bread and stuff from the day before was still on the table. No juices, and all the yaourt were expired.
I complained again, but this has absolutely no effect.
I had to come back this week in Liège, and I canceled my reservation in an executive room for a standard one.
The staff attitude and this executive room gave me a very bad experience despite the fact that this hotel is very nice.
August 4, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Black dog Worst ever experience in an IHG hotel
This was a hugely disappointing experience in a building that could be a great hotel. After booking, I saw several bad reviews on Tripadvisor - I couldn't believe any of them could apply to a Crowne Plaza, but sadly every one was repeated in my stay. This was the last night of a a 2 week holiday with my wife and we were looking forward to a 5 star experience. Instead it was the worst hotel stay either of us have experienced.
specific problems were:
- the room was not thoroughly cleaned with hair in the bath, stains on the carpet & cobwebs on the ceiling. It was poorly finished with a bedside table missing, safe not working, wobbly hooks & leaking shower in the bathroom.
- there was a 15 Euro charge each to use the pool, not advertised on the website or at check-in - outrageous!
- there was no recognition at all for Reward Club members
- the service in O Cocottes brasserie was chaotic. It took nearly 3 hours to serve us 3 courses, with waiters taking the wrong items to many tables. It was actually well cooked but cold by the time it reached us because of the service, & expensive.
- finally, the mattress was covered in plastic making it impossible to sleep on in the hot weather. We both ended up trying unsuccessfully to sleep on top of the duvet wrapped in dressing gowns.
We naturally complained to the hotel and to be fair they waived all charges for the meal and parking, but I feel that it was a complete waste of the reward points I used for what was meant to be a memorable stay. They also seemed surprised at the problems, which given previous reviews strains credulity. Most of these could be fixed with better management and organisation - please act on this as this hotel will seriously damage your reputation.
July 31, 2014