Rated 3.6 out of 5 by 45
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Kdsmiles Good experience
Enjoyed our stay! Stuffed peppers at Buccis were excellent!! Would stay again! Only down side sheets were stained, but staff changed and apologized. Housekeeping needs to watch for that when changing linen between guests.
February 26, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by TOMHETK WE WILL USE THIS HOTEL AGAIN !!!!!
GREAT HOTEL, AND THE PARKING OPTION IS A HUGE PLUS FOR ME. WE WILL BE USING THIS HOTEL MORE FOR FUTURE TRAVEL. THANKS AGAIN, TOM
February 20, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Hawkeye827 Crowne Plaza –Cleveland Airport
I was very disappointed with the stay Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport for the reasons listed below.
1. I am a Priority Club member and was trying to use points to reserve two rooms for two nights. I tried doing this online but wasn’t sure how to get the rooms close together. So I called the hotel directly and told them what I was trying to do. I asked if I could use my points for the rooms and was advised that I could. When we arrived I asked again and was told it would be taken care of at checkout. When I received the invoice no mention of points was on it. I called the front desk and was told that only way to use points was to make the reservation online through the Priority Club web site. This problem may have been due to the clerks misunderstanding my questions. This was the first time I ever tried to use points that I have accumulated. This was a minor problem if it wasn’t for the other problems listed below.
2. First room we were given was already occupied and its occupant wasn’t happy about being woke up.
3. The other room we were given had a very strong cherry aroma that made it hard to breath. My daughter did not think they could stay in the room. They left the door open trying to air the room out while I went back to the front door to get another room to replace the room that was already occupied.
4. We were given another room and went to that room and found the room Key did not work and returned to the front desk a third time. They key was reprogrammed and we went back to the room.
5. We were able to get into the room finding it to be very cool and the cover of the heater lying on the floor. The heater and wall thermostat both showed they were set at 90 degrees and on the set in the heating mode. Apparently somebody attempted to repair the heater but did not complete the job. We tried to change the temperature with no luck. I called the front desk and was advised that there were no other rooms available.
6. While trying to get heat in my room my daughter’s husband found the reason for the heavy cherry odor in their room. Some had placed 3 foam squares soaked with the cherry scent in the heater of their room. I took the squares to the front desk (my 4th trip) and ask if they had a portable heater. They did not have a portable heater. I gave the foam squares and told her where they were found. I returned to my room. The temperature got down to 66 degrees during the night which reminded me an old farm house I used to live in.
The heater was repaired and the room was ok on the second night. The young lady at the front desk was polite and appeared to try to resolve the issues as they occurred. She also gave us coupons for breakfast for all the problems that occurred .Housekeeping and the maintenance definitely dropped the ball. We were also wondering what odor the cherry scent was used to cover up.
This is the most problems I ever came across at any hotel I ever stayed at and surprised that a major chain would be run this way.
February 20, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by jkitsmiller2 Heat did not work, didn't seem to care much
I stayed here because it was near the airport, but it is not as close as other properties.
After checking in to my room I realized the heat was not working so I called the front desk - realize it was near zero outside. After about 15 minutes a maintenance person came in to check the heat. He banged on a part of the control panel and it seemed to work. He said if it happens again, bang on this particular spot and it should work again.
Of course soon after he left it did it again and banging on it didn't fix it. So I called down to the front desk to ask for another room. I was told there were no more rooms (this is the only apology I received during this ordeal, one to apologize they had no other rooms). I was told maintenance would stop by again.
After 30 minutes or so and no maintenance person, I called down to the front desk.and told them what was going on. They said the only other option was for them to bring me a space heater - what choice did I have, I took it to stay warm. I also asked for another blanket.
Between my experience and the fact this is an older hotel, I would not stay here again.
February 17, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by UA trip Poor bar staff
I have been to this hotel many of times and on this particular night I learned since my last time here. We have a new restaurant and bar staff. Food is still great but bar staff (Dave and Irish (no idea what her real name is) are probably two is the worst bartenders I've ever come across. Push food on you as soon as you sit down, once you order you're forgotten about. Then had to ask 4 times for a to go container....just not what I expect here
February 8, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by SleeplessinCleveland Sleepless in Cleveland
Three nights, three different rooms, three sleepless nights. Loud, noisy and no "auto" fan setting in the room over the lobby exit on night one...the heating fan never shut off making the room either too hot or too cold...and the noise from the people entering, exiting and smoking outside was unbearable. Room/night two was quieter but colder...the heat didn't work and the temp never rose above 62 degrees. The front desk had a new room for me at 6:00 a.m. Room/night three was also quieter but a large bag of linens outside my door didn't include those from my morning shower or bed since the room hadn't been refreshed at all. And once again, no wall thermostat led to a night of the fan never shutting off to regulate the temperature. I stay at this property for work, but was here for pleasure...it was a terrible stay. And a half-price or free breakfast doesn't make up for the lost sleep. Neither does the one night refund that I had to ask for. Not one staff member took it upon him or herself to acknowledge the difficulties I had during my stay and the manager never contacted me as I requested. Also, no laundry on premises.
December 18, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by toooptimistic Excellent Value
Very pleased with our stay, staff was nice and room was clean. Only complaint is that the heat/ac unit is loud and kept turning on and off during the night. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay.
December 4, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Megsmt36 Attentive staff
Staff was vey attentive and kind. We got ready in the bridal suite and the housekeepers came by to check on us if we needed extra towels etc. the front desk ladies were more than accommodating and allowed for us to adjust our check out and in times. A great experience with fabulous staff. I would recommend to anyone.thank you for being so accommodating! They made a busy day easier with their professionalism and kindness
November 21, 2013