Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Bullfighter33 Great Service
Friendly staff, good location close to highways and shopping areas.
May 29, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 Lacking in the little things that count
I wanted to give this hotel a better rating, but it's the little things that count (in addition to the main things# where I was very much disappointed.
Here are my gripes:
1# The toilet tissue is the absolute cheapest, roughest, paper obtainable. Be sure to bring your own Charmin or whatever you prefer. Ridiculously bad.
2# There is no light immediately when you enter the room, to light up the entry foyer and the closet where you hang your clothes. The bathroom light does nothing to light up this area. You cannot see which color shirt you are taking out of the closet because there is no light at all shining here.
3) Furthermore, the light switch on the wall, when you initially walk in, lights a lamp clear on the other side of the room, on a desk near the window. If this light switch is OFF, then nothing plugged into the lamp outlets will work. So, you must keep this switch at the entry of the room ON, and turn the lamp off manually from the desk. Well, now your room is in complete darkness when you come in at night, and you must walk in darkness to the desk on the other side of the room to turn on the light, feeling for the switch in darkness.
Worst part: Because the room is in complete darkness due to the bad design of how this room is not lit up, I walked into the piece of furniture that supports the TV, and the corner of that furniture at shoulder height, with the sharpest corners #not rounded) went straight into my shoulder and the pain was excruciating. This happened twice! I'm still in pain and bruised.
This tall piece of furniture is right in front of the walkway coming into the room, so you have to jut to the side to avoid walking into it. When the room is pitch black #due to the lighting problem I described above) you too can get hurt really badly.
4) The hotel restaurant leaves very much to be desired. I had the angus burger which was awful. The sauteed onions were horrible. The BBQ sauce I asked for was not good, either. The prices on the sandwiches were fine, but when you get into the entrees, prices get steep fast.
5) The King size bed was not comfortable. But this is very subjective. So who knows. I had horrible time sleeping the 4 nights I was here. The pillows are not puffy, but the kind of things you can form into any shape you want.
The staff were great, the people who make up the rooms and clean, quite good and friendly. The hotel is kept very clean. The ammenities in the bathroom #hair dryer, pull out mirror, sink and shower with good water pressure), all very good.
May 29, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Toby62 Poor service
This hotel was not up to the level of other IHG hotels. Check in was very slow, no Internet service, and the TV would not stay on. The vents were dirty and no fan in the bathroom. We will never stay there again.
May 22, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by frostyfreeze recent stay for UPS Haz Mat Class
I have traveled my whole life and this is the finest place I have ever stayed! Great room, very clean, excellent food, clean property, I cannot say enough about this facility. I cannot wait to stay there again! WOW!!!
May 21, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Oragon7 Excellent!!!
3. Dining Room and Food
4. Bar and Bar Tenders are nice like "Ana"...
5. Transportation Reservations Services
6. Training Rooms environments
All over clean and Friendly Staff....
I recommend this Hotel to other companies I deal with....most likely those Internationally operated...
Keep up the "Excellent Service, Food and Environment....
May 15, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Biohazard Excellent stay
I had a great stay at the northbrook crown plaza. The room was great the fun kareoke night was really cool. I had a nice stay everything from the comfy beds to the breakfast in the dining room was great. I would definatly recommend this place to a friend.
May 8, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Bruce2 Managment and Staff service and attitude ensured a wonderful stay!
Alma, a manager, went above and beyond to make sure my stay was fantastic! My room, the partner indoor pool, restaurant and all staff were excellent. While I have stayed in just as nice accommodations, Alma and all staff that I encountered had very bright and positive attitudes that ensured a wonderful stay. In particular, Alma as manager didn't hesitate to go above and beyond in terms of service - so it is not surprising that her great attitude rubs off. Don't hesitate to stay here - you will have a great stay!
May 3, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Annie1260 PROM NIGHT!!! SLEEPLESS NIGHT!!!
Up until this night this was our favorite place to stay. It was prom night and there were highschool kids there being loud, boystrous, and in and out of their room roaming the halls till 3 AM in the morning! We couldn't sleep with all the racket going on in the halls, doors slamming constantly, kids talking, screaming and laughing loudly. They had no respect for the other occupants on the floor who were trying to sleep. Security tried to get them to be quiet but shortly after security left they were at it again. I finally gave up calling for security after the 3rd time. I hope next year they make sure they know what dates are prom nights for the local schools and figure out a way to screen the reservations for prom kids and put them all on the same floor. Keep them far away from the regular members who stay on a weekly basis. They should also have more security on hand for that day to help keep them quiet. The staff did their best but couldn't stop the teenagers from disturbing the other guests in the hotel.
May 3, 2013