Rated 3.7 out of 5 by 140
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by logan6 Please touch museum package
We had a great stay the Crown Plaza and a great time at the Please touch musuem. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable. We all enjoyed our dinner and breakfast. The Please touch musuem package was wonderful. It included breakfast for four at the hotel, tickets for four to the museum, and also discounts for parking, food, and the gift shop at the musuem. Overall it was an enjoyable experience.
December 3, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Debatetraveler Going to Philly
This was a very nice hotel. The room was great, clean, comfortable and the bed was super comfy! The staff at check in was wonderful . The concierge was a great help. My only complaint was breakfast. I ask if there was continental breakfast and told yes. I was told breakfast was from 6am to 10am. It wasn't until 6:30 that I found out it was table service and then hit with a $15 plus tip per person bill. It put our group travel way behind schedule and over budget. Unfortunately the assistant manager on staff was a bit snippy and condescending. So.... ask specific details regarding food.
November 29, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by KateRR Frustrating Customer Service Experience, nice hotel
First off, let me say that the front desk person who checked me in was very helpful in fixing my room rate when it was incorrect. She didn't make a big deal or require ridiculous amounts of proof that the rate was not what was promised.
Other than that, almost every customer service experience I had with the front desk was frustrating, unhelpful, and unapologetic.
Second, the bellman and shuttle operator were both very helpful in trying to overcome the lack of customer service I experienced from the front desk. The bellman was quick, friendly, efficient, and expressed concern that I get the help that I needed to get where I needed to go.
Between myself and a friend, we paid for 5 nights of lodging at the hotel. We specifically chose this hotel based on the fact that it was listed as a marathon participant hotel and based on answers to questions we called about. Where did the hotel fall flat?
1) no race day shuttle - which we believed would exist based on calls to the hotel, and should be provided for any hotel that claims to be in partnership with the marathon. They weren't even willing to start the existing shuttle early on race day. The first shuttle on race day was an hour after the race began.
2) no race day food - again, standard with marathon partnership hotels. Simple bananas, apples, bread, water and coffee woudl have been enough.
3) downtown shuttle - I asked repeatedly about how the shuttle worked, and was told "every hour on the hour". Never was I told that the shuttle had to be reserved in advance. So I found myself in the lobby with 8 people from 11:55-12:15 waiting for the shuttle. When I asked the front desk when the shuttle was leaving, I was told "There is no 12:00 shuttle, you have to reserve it in advance, you can reserve the 1:00 shuttle". No apologies, no offer to 'reserve' the 12:00 shuttle with my existing party that had been waiting for 20 minutes ... nothing.
3a) The shuttle never makes trips from the city back to the hotel ... really??
4) Late Checkout - when making our original reservations, we called to ask what time late checkout was, and were told 2pm. Based on that, we figured we would be able to come back and shower at the hotel. For one of our rooms we asked when making the reservations to have this late checkout. Upon arrival we were told that no rooms had pre-reserved late checkout and that the latest available was 1pm. Our hotel selection and entire plan for the day was built around being able to return to the hotel post-marathon so that the runners could shower. Upon expressing concern we were told that we'd just have to see what the manager said on the day of the race.
5) A hotel this expensive should really have a mini-fridge in the room.
While the hotel was nice, and the breakfast was good (on the one day we were able to have it) - the entire experience ended up costing me easily $200 more than I expected simply in cab fares because of problems with the hotel shuttle. Given all of that ...a little bit of attitude change and attempt to be helpful from the front desk would have been greatly appreciated. I can't recommend this hotel for anyone coming to Philadelphia if they intend to go into the center city, and it was an abysmal option for the marathon.
November 20, 2013