Rated 3.4 out of 5 by 12
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Benjamin2012 Services not up to the 4 star status of the hotel
Generally the services provided in your hotel is still not up to the 4 star status of the hotel. Many of the staff are poorly trained and lacked of customer focus attitude.
Below are some of the observations:-
1) Long processing time for check-in and check-out. This is very inconvenient especially peak time in the early morning.
2) Slow replenishment of food in the restaurant (buffet breakfast). Staff are less obsevant to the level of food left - reactive to the request/ feedback by customers that food has empty.
3) Inconsistent policy of bringing food out from the restaurants.
4) Poor laundry services - clothes sent to laundry spoilt. Inconvenient to business travellers resulting in insufficient clothes to change for business meetings/ conferences.
5) Lack of relaxation/ rejuvinate services such as spa, massage, sport facillities, live music and etc.
November 13, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by dalaojin3378 a good trip
have a good trip in Shanghai Xiayang Lake ,good room ,it is very large,and sevice is very good, have a nice day
October 28, 2012
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by phoenixcnnj unprofessional staff and double-standard in the restaurant
1. Breakfast. If you are a Chinese-looking guest, you only get some kind of instant-coffee. If you are a foreign-looking guest, you will get a fresh made coffee from a coffee machine behind bar by restaurant staff.
2. Take all your business notes with you when you are out for meetings, even though you placed them on the table, not in the trash bin. Roomkeeping may throw them out for you and no help you can expect from hotel.
3. Be careful when you ask for a taxi with doorman. He may in such a bad mood.
August 27, 2012
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Endesu Quiet place
If you look for a hotel away from Shanghai noise and stress, this could be for you. There are very few guests, very little street noise and a quiet lake outside to hotel where you can take nice walks.
Also, the rooms are new, spacious and quiet with all the amenities you need.
Apart from that however, not much good to say about please. Because it is so deserted, the service is suffering, you can easily see the staff are bored and hardly bother to assist guests. Restaurants are dead and the food, although tempting on the menu, is seldom up to standard. On two occasions, we were the only guests in the Chinese restaurant for dinner.
Hotel transport arrangements were also poor and expensive, a short ride to Hongqiao airport was charged at 4 times the price of a taxi and was not much better quality.
The area around has nothing, but this is as advertised I guess, our expectations were met in this regard.
Even though the hotel was very empty, we were not offered much in the way of Priority Club extras, I have received more extras on award stays at other hotels in Shanghai.
All in all, a decent hard product, nice rooms, but everything else was rather poor.
July 24, 2012