Rated 3.6 out of 5 by 49
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by truecolor2 Overpriced. Up for rooms refurbishment
On the positive side:
- some staff members shine bright like a diamond (especially the reception, concierge guy and Rachel from the lounge).
- great location, just on the beach
- great discounts for platinum members on breakfast or lounge access
-comfortable bed and sleep quality.
- security staff are rude and undertrained in customer service.
- rooms are spacious but rather old. Air conditioning system in the room very old.
- Windows are dusty / unclean from outside (accessible from balcony).
- public areas needs upgrade to justify the (outrageous) night rate, compared to similar properties in the world.
February 28, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Buzz379 room condition not what i expect from Crowne Plaza
Nice king bed and side view but carpets and sheets old and not to the level I expect based on stays at various Crowned Plaza facilities. Location and Staff are great.
February 27, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Geertbe67 Outdated accomodation
The first thing that strikes you upon arriving is the oldness of the building, although there are some nice spots in the hotel. The view from the breakfast room is magnificent, and so is the hotel terrace. The accomodation of the room is ok, but gives an outdated look and feel. I also felt very uncomfortable walking barefoot on the carpet, as it loked stained and worn.
I was notw elcomed as a platinum guest. I even had to verify that my stay would be axcounted for on my rewards program.
Upon arrival the room was not ready. After eight hours of travel this was a disappointment, but i understand that at 2pm not all rooms are ready yet.
Al in all, I have had better experiences at IHG.
February 25, 2014