Rated 4,3 out of 5 by 171
Rated 3,0 out of 5,0 by Mummy Rabbit! Good location.
Great location for Peppa Pig World. Good buffet food for children. Lovely leisure facilities. Rooms a bit dated, especially bathroom.
19. August 2014
Rated 5,0 out of 5,0 by Rozzo55 Welcoming
We enjoyed our stay. The staff were clearly well trained, welcoming
18. August 2014
Rated 1,0 out of 5,0 by rosie.29 Ruined what was supposed to be a very special weekend
A weekend away seeing two of our best friends get married was ruined from the moment we set foot in the hotel.
Many bad points:
- "greeted" by a rude, obnoxious and condescending staff member at check-in. We were provided with plenty of backchat, a raised voice and flippant remarks.
- Was told on booking that we could check-in early due to the midday wedding. However (rudely and unprofessionally again), we were told this wasn't possible. He shrugged off the mis-information because he "wasn't the one to tell [us]" in the first place.
- Therefore we had to get ready in the toilets! (And there were tens of other guests who also had to do this).
- He was very unhelpful and unsympathetic
- Had to take big heavy bags to the wedding with us - could not trust the rude member of staff to keep our bags somewhere safe
- Was forced to check-in at midnight (due being at the wedding all day)
- Booked a double room on the website, was given a twin room.
- Uncomfortable beds and pillows.
- Signed up to the H.I loyalty scheme when booking this room, and was not given/made aware of complimentary wifi.
- Lunch the next day was very slow service.
- Bought a "breakfast burrito", however 3 out of the 7 ingredients were missing, and it was not brought to our attention beforehand.
- Condiments not up to standard. When asking for a replacement of salt, sugar was provided instead, consequently ruining an adequate meal.
TWO plus points:
- The night manager and lunch manager did provide a few complimentary items and a discount on the room to make up for the disappointment (but the damage had already been done.)
- Breakfast the next morning was lovely, with lots of choice
It really is such a shame that we had so much of a terrible time, as it really tainted the whole of what was meant to be a very special weekend.
I would not stay at a Holiday Inn again, and most definitely not here!
14. August 2014