Rated 3.8 out of 5 by 264
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Robster59 Lot of issues need addressing
I stop at many IHG hotels in the year and this one is definitely near the bottom in terms of overall quality. Before I continue, please be aware that this is not a criticism of the staff. When I raised any concerns they did their best to respond to them but in some instances insufficient staffing numbers meant that they were unable to do so
• We had booked into an executive room for two nights. When we got to our first room on the Friday night we turned on the air conditioning, the noise was appalling. A very loud vibrating noise that would disappear for a couple of minutes and then come back at the same level.
• We went to the desk and were moved to another room in which the unit was quieter but didn’t chill the air. In addition the noise was still loud enough to ensure we couldn’t sleep with it switched on. We were however offered a fan.
• As we had a long drive from Glasgow on a Bank Holiday Friday we decided to eat in the hotel. We couldn’t get into the pub across the road. Big mistake. There was a wedding going on. This was an issue for several reasons
o The function suite is only separated from the guest bar by a curtain so all the noise and music came straight into the bar area.
o The bar for the function suite is shared with that for the guests so when we came down there was a queue of a dozen people to get to the bar where there was obviously insufficient staff (two) to cope with the demand.
o There was no separate area for guests to order food or drink so I had to join the queue.
o A number of the tables in the guest bar where taken up by wedding guests despite them having tables in the function suite. This meant that there were limited places for guests to sit.
• When I eventually ordered the meal, the noise was so loud the barman had difficulty hearing my order. As a result of this we were given the wrong items and also he did not apply the 25% discount voucher I had printed off when I booked the room. I managed to address both these at checkout and the staff happily amended the bill but it was a good job I checked.
• When we arrived we requested an extra pillow. Two hours later this hadn’t arrived and when I asked the lady on reception she said she would get it up as soon as possible but as she was on her own she couldn’t leave reception and would get it up asap.
• When we got to our room (no robes or slippers were left on the bed) and went to get into bed..........
o As we pulled back the duvet there was a piece of dirt on the sheet (I knew it was dirt as it crumbled between thumb and finger.
o The duvet cover had a rip in it
o This turned out to be a bonus as we could then see the duvet was filthy along the top edge with marks and black along the seam
I immediately went down to reception and by this time the night staff were on and a replacement duvet, cover and pillows were up in minutes with apologies.
• On returning to the hotel on the Saturday evening there was yet another function taking place. Lesson learned from the previous night we went over to the Britannia hotel across the road (recommended) and they were able to squeeze us in. Much nicer food at similar prices.
• When we explained this on checking out to the Duty Manager he was most apologetic and credited us our meal.
This hotel needs to remember that guests pay good money to stop at their establishment. As it stands they feel they are second in priority to functions. That may not be the hotels intention but believe me that is how it feels. I expect a lot more from a Holiday Inn and this experience was, overall, one of the worst I have had at any of them. It was not just one incident but a whole catalogue of issues and the way that the HOTEL (not the staff) treat paying guests needs to be looked at.
September 1, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by yido unhappy
we booked 2 nights stay at this hotel as we took our grandchildren away with us and was not informed that the restaurant was closed for both nights of our stay due to private function
August 31, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Masa060 dont eat in the hotel
Rooms are comfortable but the food in the hotel is poor. If you stay here make sure you eat out.
August 30, 2015