Rated 3,6 out of 5 by 74
Rated 5,0 out of 5,0 by Big Bad B comfortable and relaxed stay
Have stayed at this Hotel about 8 or 9 times now over several years.
Always made welcome. Nothing too much trouble for staff to sort out any problems that have occurred. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone who wanted or needed to stay in the Norwich area.
8. Dezember 2014
Rated 5,0 out of 5,0 by albert2 room in need of upgrade
upgrade of bathroom spoilt by whb tap house keeping had not picked up wardrobe fault
27. November 2014
Rated 4,0 out of 5,0 by AFW ? So convenient
Hotel undergoing refurbishment ,and can be noisy during the day depending on where you are , but a vast improvement ! The staff as ever are brilliant and always eager to help Some meals can be a bit hit and miss , but the carvery when available is always good .
20. November 2014
Rated 4,0 out of 5,0 by Nicko62 Upgrade to Amy Johnson Suite
Great night's sleep in the quieter end of the hotel. Very pleasant.
15. November 2014
Rated 2,0 out of 5,0 by ScottK_CH A very mixed bag of a hotel!
I spend a lot of nights in hotels on both business and leisure and opted for this hotel on the basis that it was relatively close to where I was working over last weekend and would be able to provide a decent meal at late hours if my work overran significantly. I'm usually quite happy with IHG properties, but equally know that they can be quite variable due to being franchised. So how did this hotel perform?
1. Staff were friendly, pleasant and professional.
2. The room I was given was huge, as was the bathroom (room 431).
3. The bathroom was clearly new.
4. Food was nice.
1. When I got to the room, it was clear that the room had not had a proper housekeeping visit since the last guest. Some trivial issues, some not so; The pillow labelling tags were just in a pile on the floor, there were a used pair of slippers on the floor, a used shower cap in the bathroom, on the floor, and worst of all, someone else's lunch rubbish in the bin still! I reported this to reception as I headed out the following morning and upon my return, all had been dealt with except the shower cap, which was still where it was before. Poor!
2. I had dinner in the restaurant on my first night. It was near empty, but still took over 20 minutes from a drink being delivered to my table for someone to come and take a food order. Poor!
3. The heating. Mentioned in other reviews. The heating unit in my room worked, but was totally under powered for the size of room/bathroom. I had it set at 32C and left it on that for a few hours before the room lost its chill...and I really don't feel the cold!
4. Cleaning again - metal door handles in corridors haven't seen a cleaning cloth in a while.
5. Woodwork in corridors is battered, with paint chipped everywhere.
6. Table in the restaurant was pretty battered, in serious need of a sand and re-varnish.
7. 24hr room service is a tad misleading. There is very little other beans on toast or the likes available after 10pm. In the end this wasn't a problem for me as work finished on time, but I might have been getting back in the early hours of the morning and looking for a proper dinner.
8. TV reception is chronic. BBC1 was fine, but many other channels were unwatchable.
Would I stay here again? Maybe, most of the issues are not show stoppers on their own, but there is a marked lack of attention to detail which shouldn't be the case in a full service hotel. We pay the extra for a Holiday Inn to get the details....I would be tempted to instead just use the HI Express nearby.
The refurb mentioned in other reviews might help, but the cleaning needs to be attended to with some urgency!
13. November 2014
Rated 5,0 out of 5,0 by Jaff It's good to chill down
From the moment i walked through the door the receptionist was very friendly and couldn't do enough for me, the hotel staff were great, really nice and polte which makes a change in this day and age, i ordered room service as i had been travelling for quite a while and just wanted a quite night, the food was terrific and came very quickly and with the same politeness i had experienced earlier. As an offshore worker i stay in a lot of hotels and this one is without a doubt up there with the best
12. November 2014
Rated 3,0 out of 5,0 by Mr Gluten Free Expected better
I have stayed in HI many times in the past on business in several countries.
This time was leisure (just to be near an early flight). The impression I have is that things are getting old: the heating, the bedding and the attitude, none of which were what I had expected from HI.
The biggest problem was the heating (i.e. the lack of it) but it was late and we had an early start so rather than shuffle rooms or have someone tinkering we went to sleep.
Other niggles included having better pillows offered but their not being available ; bed covering being dirty; reception 'attitude'
5. November 2014
Rated 4,0 out of 5,0 by RonGlyn Ideal for Norwich Airport
Comfy room and friendly staff who are always on hand should they be required.
Meals in the restaurant are nice and a varied selection.
31. Oktober 2014