Rated 3,4 out of 5 by 84
Rated 3,0 out of 5,0 by westendlad Good comfortable hotel
Great location near Gare du Nord. Comfortable executive room. Tea and coffee facilities. Did not try breakfast.
27. November 2013
Rated 3,0 out of 5,0 by standardsC Price for value rooms - room for improvement
I am using HI Gare de l'Est for many years now; ~6-10 nights per year. Now it is time for a make-over! Many very, very small rooms - bathrooms appearance old - windows and window frames (especially in bathroom) are dirty and need renovation.
And certainly the telephone (mobile) connectivity and internet access are no longer meeting today's standard.
The price for value is out of balance meanwhile........
19. November 2013
Rated 3,0 out of 5,0 by AandH Internet issues
Hotel is in good location, stuff is very good. BUT: if you on business travel and you need to use the in room internet like I did:
1. No WiFi - only lan in the room
2. The internet was so slow - you can take a shower before you can get one web page to load
3. I was not able to participate[ate in a web meeting i had due to the internet speed
4. Management is aware of this - but nothing they can do about it
Bottom line - for business find another hotel, for leisure it's fine
17. November 2013
Rated 2,0 out of 5,0 by Luca86 Business Trip To Paris
Usually very happy with the standards of all IHG Hotel, I was actually surprised (in a bad way) by Holiday Inn Gare De L'Est.
It can work well for doing some tourism, but definitely not for business.
- Not near to the center (but well connected by metro)
- Awful Internet (I was actually using the wifi of the nearby Ibis instead, the Holiday Inn one was extremely slow)
- Very small rooms
- Tourists slowing down the check in - check out procedure (in this case not fault of the staff, but just due to the complete inefficiency of tourists making tons of irrelevant questions)
- No business center / printing facilities (in order to print a 2 page document I had to access a computer in the lobby and send an email to the kind receptionist that printed for me).
- Polite staff (despite the low standard of the hotel, everyone at the reception was kind and available; the inefficiency during the check out was not due to the staff, but the overload of tourists)
13. November 2013
Rated 1,0 out of 5,0 by Neveragaininparis13 My worst IHG stay in 17 years
The hotel room was less than suitable. The wireless internet was a joke. People had to huddle in the lobby to any kind of connection. My platinum upgrade was a day late and to the room next door was wasn't any different from the one I had to repack and move from? The parking was terrible and cost almost as much as the hotel room. I will not stay there again nor will I recommend it to any of my colleagues.
5. November 2013
Rated 4,0 out of 5,0 by Coaster16 Only one snooty staff member
First time in Paris and didn't know what to expect. The language barrier wasn't as bad as expected. Every staff member was beyond nice and helpful...except one. She works the front desk and has the stereotypical French snootiness I thought everyone would have. She was our very first contract so I thought we were in for a rough stay. I didn't get her name because I avoided her every time I was downstairs and let people in front of me in line. However, Francesco on the other hand was the polar opposite and is exactly how the front of the house should be like. He made our stay feel like we were at a five star resort. The room is smaller, but was good for our stay. Location was best with the metro right out the steps with two main train stations for travel to London. A con would be the hard bed.
4. November 2013
Rated 4,0 out of 5,0 by Griffdog11 Great Location
We stayed here for 2 nights on October 13. Front door to hotel is right by metro steps and so convenient. Less than 20 minutes to central Paris or even across to Eiffel tower. Walkable to Sacre Coeur and Montmartre for some lovely restaurants.
Bar quite pricey but then so is the rest of Paris! Bar staff helpful and also reception staff were friendly. We left our bags on arrival and also on checkout where we received a ticket to claim the luggage later. The first time we thought they had lost our bags but eventually they found them. No problem the second time!
Tea and coffee making very limited but ideal if you want to take some supplies. Overall a good stay and we would definitely stay here again - if not this hotel then definitely the area.
3. November 2013
Rated 4,0 out of 5,0 by jaster7474 Affordable
Affordable, and easy to get to. No Wifi in rooms though.
1. November 2013