Rated 4.0 out of 5 by 461
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 Good comfortable room -shame about the food and drink, and prices
Stayed one night and left the car for seven nights. Room very clean and comfortable and quiet -may have something to do with a sign on display in the corridor saying -' quiet please, aircrew staying in this area' Could not fault the room.
Check in staff courteous and proficient , and explained about the early morning shuttle bus that we needed to take and the early morning call .
Restaurant - poor - we ordered Prosecco, which was not available. We chose burgers for main course and just a glass of wine each. the bill for that was exorbitant. We should have gone out to eat at a pub down the road!
Early morning call spot on, and shuttle bus service to airport by staff member very courteous.
Return shuttle arrangements went very smoothly too. Overall a good stay prior to a weeks holiday, which worked out to be an expensive first night of holiday. Next time will probably drive straight to airport, even for a very early flight, and park at long stay there.
October 7, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by MC3217 Convenient to the Bristol airport
This is a nice hotel with great staff. I stayed one night as a lay over during business travel and found the service and hotel good
October 7, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Fatfingers Highly attentive staff
It was a real pleasure to stay at this hotel, the staff were wonderful and very helpful to us during a very difficult time for us personally, they went out of their way to make us feel welcome.
October 6, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Easyrider100 A generally pleasant experience
Quality of breakfast poor. Plates barely warm, bacon had a peculiar taste, sausages, scrambled eggs cold and hash browns far to fatty. Apart from that everything was fine.
September 28, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by viking17849 Great early night and early start
As catching a 6-00 am flight the quiet bedroom and early call were excellent. Check out and courtesy bus both completed in timely manner.
September 28, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by sjb22! A Good nights sleep
A late arrival and an early start, but a comfortable night and efficient check in and check out
September 24, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Garden gnome One night stand.
The person on the desk when we booked in was very blasé but the dining and bar staff were friendly and helpful.
The prices were a little high especially for food.
The room was spotless and comfortable if a little noisy from people passing along the corridor etc.
This hotel was chosen for it's proximity to Bristol Airport as there was a car to be returned before catching a morning flight and with this in mind , being charged to park as a resident was quite a surprise.
For this reason alone I would be reluctant to recommend it to any one travelling with a car.
September 21, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by MichaelR79 Awful stay. Won't return.
I have stayed at this hotel before and always found it "just OK", if a little overpriced. A litany of problems on my most recent stay, however, means that I won't be staying here again:
- I booked an Executive Room for 1 night using IHG Rewards Club points, as a platinum member. On the day that I was due to arrive, the hotel cynically downgraded my room to a disabled accessible standard room in order to resell the Executive Rooms at a higher price. On arrival, the hotel claimed that they had simply overbooked the Executive Rooms and so had to downgrade me. I believe this to be a lie, as Executive Rooms were showing as sold out during the days prior to the stay, but were available again at a high cash price on the day.
Compensation of 2,000 points was offered, which I consider insulting. We eventually agreed to 5,000 points - which softened the blow slightly.
- Most seriously, despite paying the £5 overnight parking charge and registering my car at reception, I arrived home to find a £100 Parking Charge Notice on my doormat. The hotel receptionist was very apologetic when I called to complain about this and promised to have the charge cancelled, but this simply shouldn't happen at a well-run hotel. I've stayed at countless IHG properties that employ parking eye and never encountered anything like this before.
- The level of noise is simply unacceptable for an airport hotel. I had a very early start, but got little sleep due to the sound of banging doors until late into the night. Light also leaked from under an adjoining door to the next room. Noise and light insulation definitely need to be improved.
- Room service food was expensive (with service charge automatically added to bill, in addition to the tray charge) and very mediocre. To be fair, I would have tipped if the service charge had not been on there, as serving staff were prompt and courteous, but I dislike the principle of an automatic charge. On previous stays, food in the restaurant has been better.
- Points have not been awarded for spend on food and beverage. This was incorrectly placed under "non-qualifying spend" on my bill. I haven't had this problem at any other IHG hotel, but it seems to be a consistent problem here. A minor problem, in the grand scheme of things, but it still grates...
- The 500 point "Welcome Amenity" never posted to my account. So, if you are a Gold or Platinum member, you're probably better off taking the free drink here!
I look forward to the new onsite hotel being built at Bristol Airport, in order to provide a better option than what is available (or not) at the Holiday Inn Bristol Airport. Until then, I shall stay somewhere on the outskirts of Bristol before any early flights and take my chances with the traffic.
September 21, 2015