Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 431
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 Always a good place to stay for business or pleasure
I use this hotel 3 or 4 times a year on business. I find it particularly convenient as it is only a 10 minute walk from the station.
I usually check in and then go to the bar for a quick drink and to order my evening meal. More often than not I eat in the bar area as there is plenty of room and the bar menu has plenty of choice. There is also a much larger dinning area if you prefer a more formal environment.
The rooms are always clean and tidy. They do vary in size depending on which type you are allocated and the staff at reception are always friendly and welcoming.
The hotel is conveniently situated for visiting the Castle or the Millennium Stadium with the town centre only a 5 minute walk from the hotel.
All in all a good hotel for either business or pleasure.
01 March 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by gladys scotland Good hotel - shame re breakfast
This was a well positioned hotel just minutes from the train station. Comfortable bed in good sized room overlooking Cardiff Castle. The staff at the desk couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. The only let down was breakfast. It was difficult to find a table and it wasn't 100% clear what system was in place to get one. Coffee and tea was only available from serving staff who didn't always know you had just been seated. A request for porridge was made but took so long to arrive we had to leave for our meeting. Food was reasonable although toaster meant hanging about while bread went slowly through the machine. Not much available in the pastries line although there was a good selection of cooked items if that is what you like (I don't),
27 February 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Room311guest Review comments in general
There are many points actually to list, here are some:
1. even after requesting a small refrigerator it was not provided, although my complete stay was 24 nights in this hotel.
2. The adjacent room was probably smoking and 2/3 nights smoke was occupied in my room, when dialed reception from room nobody picked up the call.
3. 2 of the staff members at reception are really rude, I really don't know why they are at reception rather they should be in supervising the housekeeping department.
4. The big lamp never worked in my entire stay, nobody even bothered to look at it.
5. Internet facility is worst of ever, you travel any hotel in UK even the low rated hotel provides you better internet speed, forget hotel - the pizza hut shop at cardiff city center too gives superfast internet wifi for free, instead using hotels internet - i better used pizza huts internet.
6. I seriously don't know why I chose this hotel, it was totally wrong decision of mine.. I landed up paying 2000 plus for such bad hotel stay... my bad. :(
7. Lifts are good, minimum waiting time
8. Worst entrance ever - can't you even arrange or build a smoking room outside hotel entrance - its disgusting to enter in hotel with such smell.
9. The umbrella which I took was torn above, do u give such umbrellas to your customers??
10. the heating equipment is probably pre-historic, I really don't understand whether it should be in room or in museum :( .
Are these points enough, or you need more... ??? I have some more also let me know.
27 February 2015