Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 169
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by rosie.29 Ruined what was supposed to be a very special weekend
A weekend away seeing two of our best friends get married was ruined from the moment we set foot in the hotel.
Many bad points:
- "greeted" by a rude, obnoxious and condescending staff member at check-in. We were provided with plenty of backchat, a raised voice and flippant remarks.
- Was told on booking that we could check-in early due to the midday wedding. However (rudely and unprofessionally again), we were told this wasn't possible. He shrugged off the mis-information because he "wasn't the one to tell [us]" in the first place.
- Therefore we had to get ready in the toilets! (And there were tens of other guests who also had to do this).
- He was very unhelpful and unsympathetic
- Had to take big heavy bags to the wedding with us - could not trust the rude member of staff to keep our bags somewhere safe
- Was forced to check-in at midnight (due being at the wedding all day)
- Booked a double room on the website, was given a twin room.
- Uncomfortable beds and pillows.
- Signed up to the H.I loyalty scheme when booking this room, and was not given/made aware of complimentary wifi.
- Lunch the next day was very slow service.
- Bought a "breakfast burrito", however 3 out of the 7 ingredients were missing, and it was not brought to our attention beforehand.
- Condiments not up to standard. When asking for a replacement of salt, sugar was provided instead, consequently ruining an adequate meal.
TWO plus points:
- The night manager and lunch manager did provide a few complimentary items and a discount on the room to make up for the disappointment (but the damage had already been done.)
- Breakfast the next morning was lovely, with lots of choice
It really is such a shame that we had so much of a terrible time, as it really tainted the whole of what was meant to be a very special weekend.
I would not stay at a Holiday Inn again, and most definitely not here!
14 August 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Margaret247 Excellent room but food awful
Great rooms. Booked 9 rooms for family wedding we all enjoyed our stay. The children enjoyed the pool as did their parents.
Unfortunately the catering staff seemed to be rushed off their feet they didn't stop all night. In fairness there was a wedding party happening when we arrived.
The food was pretty awful, overpriced and not of a good standard. I ate my fish as I was starving but thinking back I should have sent it back as it was overcooked and the batter was thick and stodgy. The restaurant staff were really good under the circumstances.
The rooms were great and the cleaning staff were friendly and unobtrusive.
Would use again but probably wouldn't eat in.
13 August 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by LauraGB Pleasant Stay
Lovely stay in the hotel. Staff had time to deal with everything professionally. Great hotel for business or family trip.
11 August 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by torims Great Stay, great price
Stayed here last week in between moving house. Got a great Bed, Breakfast
11 August 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Oscars Mum A thoroughly pleasant stay
The approach to the hotel is very pleasant. The foyer is bright and spacious, with a lovely aroma of fresh coffee! Booking-in was very easy and all the staff were charming and helpful. We had a double room on the ground floor, but we hadn't allowed for the length of the corridors! Both my husband and I have mobility problems and I'd omitted to request a special room for disabled people. They have two in this hotel. We were even given a complimentary glass of guest wine.
The room was large and attractive and there were plenty of tea/coffee supplies. It would be nice to have two armchairs in a double room, and even nicer if they had high backs!
The bed was really comfortable, and we both slept well. There was plenty of VERY hot water for a bath or a shower. People with children be warned. We loved it there.
10 August 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by TandyB Under-staffed and ill prepared!!
My stay was in preparation for an afternoon wedding - the hotel had been recommended. I arrived at 12 noon - the wedding was at 3.30pm. Many other wedding guests were also arriving. I was told the rooms (3) would not be ready until 2.00pm, the official time for access. I and my family decided to have lunch. Unfortunately there was a single member of staff running the bar, taking food orders, preparing tables so after some time of waiting I asked if she could have some help as she was clearly not coping on her own - help was provided by a guy who didn't know how to work the till! So after seeing many arrivals being handed keys to rooms once again I asked if the rooms were ready - no. At 2.00pm there was a large queue formed at the check-in desk - at 2.20pm I finally made it to the desk to be told that only 2 of the rooms were ready - we left at 3.00pm for the wedding, our room had not even started to be cleaned, my wife having had to get ready in someone else's bathroom...we finally checked in at 4.30pm ....not at all happy!!
09 August 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JanieP Good nights sleep
We really like going away for a night or two but I always have difficulty sleeping in a new bed; not so at the HI we had a great stay and left feeling refreshed and ready for the week ahead.
The staff were very helpful and looked after us well; there were obviously a lot of people staying but they were dealing with everybody equally well. There was no disturbance from other people's noise so good sound proofing; an all round good visit.
My only comment is that it would have been good to have had some soya milk available at breakfast.
Thank you and we will be staying at Holiday Inn again.
07 August 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jr19 Fareham Solent Titchfield
Light and airy room , very comfortable bed
07 August 2014