Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 174
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Brumlass Average hotel, but expensive
Noisy at times (possibly due to guests staying over after function previous night).
Good choices at breakfast, but cooked food sometimes not very hot.
Room was fine, but breakfast expensive add-on.
27 August 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Matilda66 Ideal for single people
The Holiday Inn was safe secure and comfortable
and as a single person on holiday it offered me all that
I wanted as a base.
The staff were attentive, pleasant and very professional.
The grounds, seating areas and leisure facilities were most welcome.
20 August 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Running In Overall pretty good
Stayed for three nights, was given a complimentary room upgrade, but was charged for it on the final bill, when this was pointed out the upgrade fee was then removed.
Was also charged for internet access, this is free to IHG Members, again removed from final bill after it was pointed out.
Had breakfast during my stay, all okay.
Had two dinners during my stay, a little expensive but the food was good and the staff excellent.
The only real criticism I would have was the bath, it was impossible to relax in, wrong shape, and what can only be described as shelves in it to stop you sitting back, it also had hand rails that got in the way, the shower was okay though.
Overall a good hotel with excellent staff, this was my second stay and I would definitely use it again.
20 August 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Mummy Rabbit! Good location.
Great location for Peppa Pig World. Good buffet food for children. Lovely leisure facilities. Rooms a bit dated, especially bathroom.
19 August 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Rozzo55 Welcoming
We enjoyed our stay. The staff were clearly well trained, welcoming
18 August 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by rosie.29 Ruined what was supposed to be a very special weekend
A weekend away seeing two of our best friends get married was ruined from the moment we set foot in the hotel.
Many bad points:
- "greeted" by a rude, obnoxious and condescending staff member at check-in. We were provided with plenty of backchat, a raised voice and flippant remarks.
- Was told on booking that we could check-in early due to the midday wedding. However (rudely and unprofessionally again), we were told this wasn't possible. He shrugged off the mis-information because he "wasn't the one to tell [us]" in the first place.
- Therefore we had to get ready in the toilets! (And there were tens of other guests who also had to do this).
- He was very unhelpful and unsympathetic
- Had to take big heavy bags to the wedding with us - could not trust the rude member of staff to keep our bags somewhere safe
- Was forced to check-in at midnight (due being at the wedding all day)
- Booked a double room on the website, was given a twin room.
- Uncomfortable beds and pillows.
- Signed up to the H.I loyalty scheme when booking this room, and was not given/made aware of complimentary wifi.
- Lunch the next day was very slow service.
- Bought a "breakfast burrito", however 3 out of the 7 ingredients were missing, and it was not brought to our attention beforehand.
- Condiments not up to standard. When asking for a replacement of salt, sugar was provided instead, consequently ruining an adequate meal.
TWO plus points:
- The night manager and lunch manager did provide a few complimentary items and a discount on the room to make up for the disappointment (but the damage had already been done.)
- Breakfast the next morning was lovely, with lots of choice
It really is such a shame that we had so much of a terrible time, as it really tainted the whole of what was meant to be a very special weekend.
I would not stay at a Holiday Inn again, and most definitely not here!
14 August 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Margaret247 Excellent room but food awful
Great rooms. Booked 9 rooms for family wedding we all enjoyed our stay. The children enjoyed the pool as did their parents.
Unfortunately the catering staff seemed to be rushed off their feet they didn't stop all night. In fairness there was a wedding party happening when we arrived.
The food was pretty awful, overpriced and not of a good standard. I ate my fish as I was starving but thinking back I should have sent it back as it was overcooked and the batter was thick and stodgy. The restaurant staff were really good under the circumstances.
The rooms were great and the cleaning staff were friendly and unobtrusive.
Would use again but probably wouldn't eat in.
13 August 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by LauraGB Pleasant Stay
Lovely stay in the hotel. Staff had time to deal with everything professionally. Great hotel for business or family trip.
11 August 2014