Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 259
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Rudolpho Good hotel, friendly staff, good airport location
Had wanted to use this hotel rather than the Holiday Inn Express at JFK Airport (another one of the four hotels operated by the M & R Hotel Management Group at JFK Airport). Was quite pleasantly surprised. It was easy to find, and proved great for a lay-over at JFK Airport).
November 29, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 Service Was good and quite rooms
I really like staying in the Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express hotels for most of my stays. but this hotel did not provide breakfast which was a little disappointment. But it was close to where I wanted to be and being close to the airport i was able to sleep well without the airplane noises. over all this was a good hotel to stay near JFK airport. Wish they had provided with free breakfast too..
November 25, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Little Ladybug Great staff; clean rooms
Staff was very friendly upon check. We used the shuttle service. They were on time and offered suggestions while visiting NY.
November 16, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by pantherluv Excellent stay and great service.
I had booked this hotel earlier in the day due to a loss in my family. I went with the Holiday Inn as it has always been reasonably priced and the service is excellent. This hotel didn't disappoint as I was greeted when I arrived and everything about the hotel was perfect. I would highly recommend! It is easy to get to and met the needs of my visit.
November 6, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by SanMan1946 Ordinary
There is nothing special about this hotel. Only the name separates it from being a bland, low price express hotel. Don't count on the shuttle. It is new but out of date...lacks a spark.
November 5, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by witzie Free Breakfast is not Free
Standard Holiday Inn. Nothing exceptional. I booked on a rate that included a "free breakfast" for which I was given a coupon. However, when I went to have breakfast I was told that is was only a $12 credit. This didn't even cover an omelette and a coffee (w/refills). I believe this is not living up to the terms of the booking. Receipt uploaded. Asked to speak with a manager. No joy. Left my contact information and the manager never contacted me.
November 3, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by JBSSS A good layover hotel
Stayed one night after arriving very late (past midnight). enjoyed a very good nights sleep in very comfortable beds and had a good breakfast the next morning. Shuttle bus service to and from the airport was great. A good start to our Manhattan holiday.
November 2, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by michaelliu1989 Really bad experience
This review is for our stay on Oct 9th.
The location is good, although not as good as other hotels which just a block away from JFK. The shuttle is pretty convenient, it runs every half hour, 24 hours a day, which is a pro to us since we're staying here for our flights.
Now it's for the fair and poor part:
1. Our room is small, especially the bathroom. Toilet is ridiculously low, very uncomfortable for using.
2. The room smelled really bad when we enter. The smell made us dizzy. Don't know what cause the smell.
3. There were stains on the pillow cases, for all four of them. It really disgusted us, and we could only choose two that has less stains.
4. We stayed at floor 3, facing the airport, and it's very noisy at night. By at night I mean from 2 AM when we arrived at the room to 8 AM when we left. There were planes taking on and off and trucks roaring down the road. I was kept awake that night by all these sounds, made me really tired the second day.
5. Got no recognition for being rewards club elite member. If this is an InterContinental, I can understand. But I don't understand why Holiday Inn didn't recognize spire member. For example, I got welcome amenities for the following trips, but didn't got a mentioning here. Maybe it's because it's 1 AM and the staffs was sleepy and forgot? But I thought it is the late night that tired guests would like to receive some warm welcome.
October 30, 2015