Rated 4.0 out of 5 by 530
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by HJL1 Second stay, so much worse than first
Stayed here just two weeks before this stay and was very impressed (five stars), hence booking again. Second time, not so good... I could write an essay(!) but here are a few key points:
- paid for a kingsize bed to find that this actually meant two single beds pushed together. This might be OK for couples, but for business travel (like me) this means you can't sleep in the middle of the bed. Unfortunately I rolled further into the centre without realising in the night and ended up sleeping in the gap between two matresses. Woke up with very bad back pain (I have sciatica#. Spoke to reception and apparently all 'kingsize rooms' are actually two singes pushed together
- bed looked sat in #i.e. pillows were haphazard and bed sheet was very creased# when I got to the rooom
- bathroom was dirty. Hair in bath and on two towels.
- ate in the restaurant in the evening #did not dine in hotel during my last stay#. Food was almost inedible but was so hungry #had missed lunch because of meetings# I went ahead and ate it anyway. Main was almost unbearably salty and dessert was foul. Ice cream cheap and obviously out of date - giant ice crystals in it as result of over freezing.
- re: food vegetarian choice was very small indeed - all meat on the buffet apart from some congealed mushroom concoction. Chef seemed unable to help when I asked if the desserts were suitable #i.e. no gelatin#. Hence ordering dishes from the main menu.
05 September 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by gjohnson Great Service
Had a room on the 9th floor and it was great! Very comfortable in every way. The guest services were very helpful, assisting with a tour booking, storing luggage and helping with the airport shuttle. Front desk staff were very friendly as well.
05 September 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Segs A relaxing weekend away, but noisy aircon on roof of room on 10th floor
My wife and I always have a relaxing weekend away at M4J4 about every 6-8 weeks.
On this occassion we were not able to relax fully due to the noisy aircondition machine directly above our room 1040.
I will make sure we do not stay on that floor again!
Other than that, the staff were impeccable with their services and professionalism. Patricia on reception duty on 29th August was fantastic.
04 September 2014