Rated 4.0 out of 5 by 75
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by ty6rrl Definitely NOT a "10"
There are signs all over the hotel stating that if guests can't rate the hotel a "10" then they are not doing their job. Well guess, what? They didn't do their job. There were many things wrong during our stay at this hotel, but I will highlight the major ones I think are worth mentioning:
1. When checking in, it was very obvious that they did not assign me to the hotel room I booked. I requested an "Executive" room which I knew would be on the 5th floor, but they had initially assigned me to a room on the 1st floor. The only reason it was caught by the staff was because I showed them the reservation email I had printed up in advance.
2. Once we got into the room, I turned down the bed in anticipation of turning in for the night. On the bedsheets were noticeable stains and a few strands of hair. This immediately made me uncomfortable. My husband called down to the front desk to ask for housekeeping to change the sheets, but he was told that they would assign us another bed instead. He was also told he needed to come down to the front desk with the keys and that we can pick up the keys to the new room. We weren't even given a room number of where we would be located. This meant that we had to drag down all of our luggage to the front desk, only to be given a room on the same floor but two doors down. To me, appropriate customer service would have been to send someone up to the hotel room we were currently assigned and exchange room keys to our new room. But alas, this was not customer service at all.
3. After being out for most of the next day, I returned to the room around 5:30 to find that our room had not been cleaned. As I was heading out to pick up my husband, I stopped by the front desk to inquire about housekeeping and was told that they were already gone for the day. I was then asked if we left a "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door; which I replied that we hadn't ... and in fact, we didn't even have one in our room. The person at the front desk said he would pass this on to the morning manager and housekeeping in the morning. This meant no clean towels or beds made for the night. Not exactly a pleasant way to return to the hotel after a long day.
4. If that wasn't enough, the next morning I stopped by the front desk before heading out for the day to inquire about having housekeeping come in for the day. The morning manager, right away, said that he was aware of the situation and that housekeeping had told him that there was a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door, which is why it wasn't cleaned. When I had simply reiterated what I told the person last night, that we DID NOT EVEN HAVE a "Do Not Disturb" sign in our room, I was promptly told "That wasn't what the room attendant told me." As a guest at any hotel, that is NOT what a patron wants to hear. Quite frankly, I was just looking for confirmation that the room would be cleaned and that they were sorry for the inconvenience. In BOTH the situations, (#3 and #4), neither one of the front desk personnel even apologized for this mishap.
5. The thermostat in the room did NOT work. Despite reading the directions at the thermostat location AND the air condition unit, we were NOT able to control the temperature in the room. We could turn down the temperature in the room, but it wouldn't allow us to turn it back up if we were cold. This was definitely a pain in the butt, as we found ourselves getting up in the middle of the night to turn on or off the air condition.
Again, there were other things that were not up to our satisfaction (breakfast buffet, interior cleanliness of the hotel), but these are little compared to the absolutely horrendous customer service we received.
If we ever found ourselves in Mississauga again, I would NOT choose this location. Which is sad, because I've otherwise liked any of the other IHG locations I've stayed at.
04 September 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Stevo! Good People & Hotel
My hats off to the bulk of the staff who are accommodating & friendly. Always enjoy Toni & Yvonne at the lounge or breakfast. Only change I would make is in the gym, to get the temperature down some more, it is too hot in there when you work out. Thanks for an enjoyable stay!
03 September 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Aparo Comfortable bed and clean room
I was able to have a comfortable night sleep after a long haul flight, room was clean and quiet.
31 August 2014