Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 45
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Mandela21 A disappointing stay
After having made a reservation several weeks in advance, I was asked if I actually had a reservation when I reached the front desk. After the clerk finally acknowledged that I did have a reservation, I asked for a quiet room that did not face the inner courtyard and the music in the evening. I was then given a room that faced the courtyard. I asked to change rooms but was told that no other rooms were available. That was untrue; there were at least two other rooms available on the same floor. My room rate was supposed to include free internet access. I was told that it didn’t. I was then told that someone would check so determine whether I was supposed to have free access I was told I would receive a return call to confirm my access, but didn’t receive the call I had been promised. I informed the front desk that the printer in the business centre needed a new ink cartridge. The employee at the front desk declined to change it. The exchange rate to buy Fiji dollars with another currency at the Holiday Inn is outrageously poor – at least 20 percent less desirable than what can be obtained at ATMs, even with their stiff fees. Compared with other options within walking distance, the food at the hotel’s restaurant is overpriced and of no better quality.
Having just finished my fifth stay at the Holiday Inn Suva over the past 2.5 years, I can justifiably say that the service has deteriorated significantly. As a platinum elite member I still wonder what the advantages of my membership and status are. I certainly haven’t discovered them through my stays at the Holiday Inn Suva.
17 December 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by MrsG65 18 Day Stay - Overall Feedback
Excellent spot in the heart of Suva and very convenient to all amenities. This is the only decent place now in Suva to stay. We have been regular customers of the Holiday Inn both business and pleasure this year and so far I have stayed there twice already and will be our third stay this month. My booking in September for a week has been excellent, they upgraded my booking to the Centre Block and the room I had was very good. My recent stay of 18 days for business, I had to request for an upgrade to the Centre Block. I thought the money I am paying was not worth the block on the wing. I emailed the reservations well before my trip requesting them to give me the same room I had in September but there had been some misunderstanding that they were not aware of that request. The Manager was very helpful to do the upgrade.
Here are some observations of my stay.
1. The door of my room was left open during cleaning while the cleaners were chatting away in another room. I had to return to my room to pick up something and found my door open, called out but no one was there but they were talking in the next room. My concern is that if someone else off the street decided to walk up the stairs without being noticed, they would have taken my personal belongings. I raised this with a staff member from the reception area and he dealt with this straight away.
2. The bathroom floors (tiles) are not clean. Bathroom is very tired, the whole room is so the renovations I believe is being conducted will help.
3. In Dinning Service is good
4.The room is very tired looking and a bit expensive for what it is worth this stay
5. Seemed short staffed at the reception area. Lots of guests waiting to check in which I noticed a number of times.
6. Expensive for photocopy usage
7.Reception area more often then not doesn't have any permanent attendance especially when I called. I had to go downstairs if I want something done straight away.
8. Provided extra roll out bed at no charge for a long stayer - that was great.
9. Bar people are lovely - very helpful - makes great martinis
10. Reception was very helpful, all staff members are very helpful.
11. Service can be very slow sometimes but that is Fiji.
12. Customer service is good. Good competition will be good for Holiday Inn
13. A whole new facelift of the hotel is long overdue.
14. The Restaurant food is the same all the time.
15. I had bad stomach every time I use the room coffee and I believe it is the milk. I have to go externally for good coffee.
16. Holiday Inn needs a good Brewster
17. Staff was very helpful to help with me using one of the boardrooms for meeting at short notice
18. The lady that cleaned my room who also looked after my clothes has been excellent
We have a three day booking from 27th December to 29th December 2013 for a Centre Block Premium Executive Room
12 December 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Zevi Food
Must improve the food quality - what i ate was not tasty - used to be better
11 December 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 room service marvellous. good location
excellent hotel to stay. very clean and helping staff. room service was a beauty. location kool and a walking distance to town. go for it if u staying in suva. this is d best hotel in suva.<3<3<3
05 December 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JAFG Home away from home
The Holiday Inn Suva is a true home away from home. Staff are extremely friendly and go out of their way to be helpful. Hotel amenities are great and the hotel is very clean. It is always a good feeling to get back to the hotel at the end of a day's work.
20 November 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Wagadore Great service
I could not fault my stay and the staff were the amazing and so friendly and helpful. Well done!!!
19 November 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by DrJJ Felt like home
Staff were SO respectful but extremely friendly; always ready to help in any way. They make you feel important to them, and very welcome.
The view from my room was great, seeing stunning sunsets across Suva Harbour.
Always good to sit in the courtyard, with some food or drink, and listen to the music from the live bands.
Very handy location.
I am usually a long-term guest, and will stay there again next time.
16 November 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Loopyloz Expensive for what you get
Found the hotel location, food and surrounding very good;
I had 2 problems:
1. the block we stayed in to get to especially at night you had to walk pass the entertainment stand plus the outside guests. Thought there would have been a better path to this block.
2. Room rate for what you got was very expensive. I booked after I left in the Holiday Inn in Suva into the Holiday Inn in Auckland Airport. The rate was a good 3rd less and the room was a more modern spacious room.
12 November 2013