Rated 3.9 out of 5 by 186
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by LivingInHotels Great food
Attended a party in the events room. Buffett was one of the best I've ever had. Relaxing hotel in general.
22 January 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 comfortable and welcoming
A welcoming comfortable and convenient place to spend a work day evening away from home. Comfortable well prepared room, helpful and friendly staff, good on site service, easy access and parking.
16 January 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Jet8 The usual issues
Please, do the following:
1. Improve the lighting in the bedrooms.
2. Put plugs nearer the beds so I can charge my mobile phone (which is also my alarm clock) next to the bed.
3. Take the baths out of the bathrooms and put large walk in showers in instead, with a decent shelf to put shampoo on etc.
4. Put a mini fridge in the room. I live in hotels on business most of the time - UHT milk is not nice. If you put fridges in the rooms you'll be setting yourself apart from nearly every other hotel in the UK.
5. Check the cost of local similar hotels and charge the same or less. Holiday Inn corporate rate is more than your local competitors. You are charging too much for regular users to keep using you. Why should we? You are not offering anything special that sets you aside from your competitors and they are cheaper than you.
6. Please try to improve the food. For business travelers, every single meal they eat from Sun night to Fri lunch time is cooked by someone else. If you live on pub grub or the equivalent all the time, you just get sick of it. Please, improve the quality of the food being offered and do something different to the same highly processed, mass produced, tasteless gloop that gets served everywhere in UK hotels.
16 January 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by KATH EJ FAB FOOD AND POOL HEATING IN ROOM NOISY
ALL GOOD OTHER THAN THE NOISE OF THE HEATING PIPES AND KIDS ONLY EAT FREE IF EATING OFF THE KIDS MENU WHICH WAS NOT EXPLAINED
05 January 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 Comfortable room, good pool and sauna
Overall we had a good stay. The lounge area was perfect for a large group to relax in. Our room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. We also enjoyed the pool and sauna. The dinner bed and breakfast deal was not great when children are over 12 years of age and actually proved to be quite expensive. We would not use that deal again, although would stay for bed and breakfast. The quality of the food in the restaurant was very poor and the service on the first night was also poor, although staff recognised the poor service and went out of their way to rectify the situation, which is good. Tea at breakfast was made with hot water out of a flask which meant that it was never hot enough - this should not be necessary. Nevertheless everyone was very friendly and helpful and we would stay again, although would not use the restaurant.
04 January 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Lord L Wonderful staff
Have been staying here every other weekend due to personal reasons for the last six months. Yes the hotel needs a bit of TLC, buts it's always clean and tidy. For me it's nice when the duty manager address me by name and always asked about my children. The same in the bar Lauren always has time to speak directly to my children making them feel priceless (it's also nice that kids eat free). This hotel is run by staff who care, not there just for a wage packet. As a hotel guest you get free use of the health club, which is great when you have two young children. In six months I've never thought of staying any where else.
31 December 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Alextheswo Good for a Sleep.
If you need a bedroom in Swindon it's fine but the food was just awful.
19 December 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 Overnight stay
It was a more than adequate roof over my head for a one night stopover.
18 December 2014