Rated 3.6 out of 5 by 14
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by pnewman77 Be Careful
Wifi totally unreliable, the taxi service in the hotel overcharges and the food and the drink were also expensive. The room rates were extremely high, this is an Holiday Inn not an Intercontinental Hotel. I am a Platinum Elite member and I received nothing from the hotel to recognise my loyalty, which I do receive in all other hotels I stay in.
December 2, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 Hotel Service/Room Comfort
Excellent service fro knowledgeable staff. One down side, the rooms smelled musty, but had comfortable beds and pillows
November 21, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by AFontenelle Stay at the Holiday Inn Accra Airport - Aug/Sept 2013
I stayed at the the Holiday Inn (Accra Airport) with my son during our holiday to Ghana in 2013.
The hotel has great facilities with a good location for the airport and everything you would expect from an upmarket business hotel.
There hotel restaurant offers an excellent breakfast spread (one of the best I have ever had) with fruits, yoghurt, freshly made fruit juices, made to order omelette's etc., hot dishes, cakes and pastries. The Cabana restaurant provides a variety of both Continental and Ghanaian dishes you can enjoy whilst sitting by the pool.
Clean, comfortable modern bedrooms and bathrooms with very helpful and friendly staff.
Free Internet access with wifi throughout the hotel and wired access from the bedrooms.
The hotel can become very busy (especially Friday nights) and is great for short stays.
September 10, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by LUFFY comfortable bed but small
small bed in the double room
enjoyed the spa and the food
August 28, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Dylan1 good service
overall my experience at this hotel was good.
however there are 1 or 2 points to raise.
the room smelled of damp and when we left some of our clothes smelled too.
The separate toilet had nowhere to hang a towel or put soap. This is an obvious design fault, and not very hygienic!!!!
The Wifi reception in our room was bad and we were told that someone would come and help but no one arrived.
on the positive the staff were very pleasant and helpful and the shuttle service to the airport was very good.
August 2, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Mombasan Noise
This is not a quiet hotel. The noise from the Karaoke evenings and poolside music is a real nuisance if you are looking forward to an evening of quiet bliss after having landed from the hum of an airplane. There is no lounge for Platinum and Ambassador IHG members so the only alternative to being in the room is to go to the downstairs public lounge which has a congested feel. Housekeeping staff have the redeeming warmth of spontaneous Ghanaian hospitality, but the front desk staff are not special.
July 27, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by DrTuje Excellent staff and service.
Overall, employees were efficient and professional. Demeanor was friendly. Appearance was neat.
June 9, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by SeanM A property that consistently fails to do the small things
I stayed at the Holiday Inn Accra Airport recently for probably the tenth time in the last few years. Unfortunately, the property continues to fail to live up to its potential due to small oversights and failures that contribute to an overall negative experience.
Some positives :
* Excellent airport shuttle service and waiting lounge.
* Great location near the airport and within walking distance to nearby Marina Mall
* Welcome amenity of fruit plate provided as a Priority Club Elite member
* Good sized rooms with comfortable amenities
* Complimentary wifi at a decent speed for Africa
* Complimentary buffet breakfast with a good spread of food
Some negatives :
* Housekeeping staff forgot to replace clean towels on consecutive days, leaving no towels at all in the bathroom.
* Bathroom amenities (soap, shampoo, etc..) were not replaced throughout the entire stay. Instead the half-empty bottles were closed and put back in the rack.
* No pen or writing pad by the telephone - just the cardboard stub of what had once been a writing pad but was now exhausted.
* Air conditioning system that failed in the "on" position one night resulting in room temperature falling to around 18C. Housekeeping did not answer the telephone for over an hour to permit reporting the fault.
* Service staff at the bar who tried desperately to upsell on the lunch buffet rather than the a-la-carte menu ("Oh, the food at the buffet is much better", "Oh, I can't guarantee that we can make what you order properly", etc..) and were very surly afterwards when we insisted that we did not want the buffet
* Live music by the poolside performed by people who can't sing to save their lives
Overall, one expects higher standards from a Holiday Inn branded property, although the problems are not so bad as to deter me from staying here again. This still remains among the better hotels in Accra, and its not-insignificant price reflects that.
May 20, 2013