Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 519
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Zeecula Excellent
I had to attend a conference in Washington, D.C., and I was looking for a comfortable room not far from the location and around a 100 bucks. Most hotels in or near the capitol are very expensive. The cheap ones do not offer parking, internet or breakfast for free. Holiday Inn Rosslyn at Key Bridge had it all for just below $100. The location is just five minutes away from downtown D.C. via the metro; metro station is right across the street from the hotel. The room gives you a picturesque view of Washington. All in all, it is an excellent hotel and a great value for money. I recommend this to anyone visiting D.C., hands down.
February 25, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Roy15 Very impressed from beginning to end
My wife and I took our Grandson to a conference and could not have been more pleased with our choice of hotels. From the moment we approached the front desk we were received with exceptional service and courtesy. The coffee shop employees were all smiles to help you and the restaurant service and food were impeccable. You never know when you take your family to a hotel how your experience will turn out but being 66 years I have learned when you do find a good place share it and I am. Thank you Holiday Inn Key Bridge for a GREAT experience!
February 21, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by theathnc Nice Hotel Just Outside of D.C.
The hotel is an easy walk to Georgetown and is very close to a Metro Station. It also has free parking. The staff was friendly and the room was fine. I think it's generally less expensive than comparable hotels in the District. It's a great value if you're coming to DC for fun or business.
February 21, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 Great experience!
I was in town for a conference at Georgetown University, and this hotel is located very conveniently to the campus. It is also convenient to the Metro station and bus stops, as my family came along and saw the sights. The hotel is clean and in a safe, fairly quiet area. The front desk staff is wonderful. I had many interactions with them because of something being delivered to the hotel for me and needing them to call cabs several times. They were always friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel.
February 20, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Jim V great location
I always love to stay at this hotel when in DC on business. The only 2 concerns I have are the shower is very old.....still having a glass sliding door instead of the standard curved shower curtain rod. The shower was reaaly cramped. The business center has 3 beautiful Mac computers.....but for us PC users, it would seem that for a business center, there would be at least 1 PC. Other than that, the staff, restaurant and beds are second to none.
February 20, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by NJ275 Awesome stay and service!
My recent stay at the Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge was wonderful. The room was comfortable, clean and the breakfast was wonderful every morning of our 3 night stay. Additionally the quick access to the metro was convenient and saved us gas and parking fees while attending my daughter's conference. The location was right off the exit and restaurants were within walking distance. Customer service was excellent. The hotel staff and the restaurant staff were excellent and very accommoating (i.e. the first night there my daughter and I came in really late but was starving. The front desk conveniently handed us a sheet that listed all the places that delivered to the hotel). I will definitely come back to Washington, DC and the Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge will be my choice hotel. I highly recommend it if you are on a budget, but want a 4 star environment!
February 20, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by carrb great everything
the food and restaurant was great. The staff was good. The room on the 14th floor overlooked the bridge and was beautiful. Bed was comfy. The hotel was clean. Hotel was near public transportation and food shops.
February 17, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by MrJeff1952 Professional Staff
Outstanding customer support. Excellent service at front desk. Very helpful and courteous.
February 14, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Zeke'sMom Comfortable bed but...
The rating scale for customer satisfaction is flawed -- one can't tell which end of the scale is excellent and which end is poor.
I was awakened at 4:00 a.m. buy very loud young men congregating around the elevator outside my room. They sounded drunk. Might be a good idea to post signs stating hotel policy re. quiet after a certain time.
The man in charge of the breakfast room on 17th floor (Ahmed?) was not friendly or hospitable. Food choices were very unappetizing -- all cereals were sugared, all meat was pork. Individual containers of yogurt would be a nice touch.
But I loved the free parking and the room itself was fine. Very convenient location at a good price.
February 13, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JBer Excellent stay
Clean quiet room. Didn't have a car so we didn't use parking. Quick response to TV problem (on a Saturday morning). Used business center to print airline boarding passes. I recommend this hotel.
February 13, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Mister Jerry Enjoyed Relaxing Stay
I enjoyed a short but very nice stay at the Rosslyn Holiday Inn. The bed was very comfortable and I slept like a fat cat. The room was clean and a quiet place to relax. As a priority club member I was offered a free breakfast and 20% off the cost of a dinner meal. Very nice perk. The view of Georgetown from the dining room on the 17th floor was awesome. The only things that detracted from my stay was smokers occupying nonsmoking rooms and ignoring the rules, and no coffee maker in the room. Otherwise, my stay was enjoyable, and I would gladly stay at the Rosslyn Holiday Inn again.
February 12, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Stonecrabs Staff
Outstanding front desk staff! Outstanding restaurant staff!
We have stayed at this property since our son began his freshman year at Georgetown university in 2006! Two Georgetown graduates later, and now two daughters living in the DC area- we continue to enjoy your property. Most recently we hosted a baby shower at your lovely Vantage Point restaurant. We as well as our guests all stayed at the holiday inn and everyone said what a wonderful time they had. Your front desk staff was so fabulous! Your restaurant staff was fantastic.- they made our baby shower a huge success!
February 12, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Chicago pro Needs some vacuuming
I noticed hallway on my floor needed vacuuming when I arrived Monday evening. It still needed it Friday morning. Room was a little better. I happened to get off elevator on a different floor - appeared to be the same story - hallway needed cleaning.
Otherwise things were fine. Linens, water pressure, WiFi all good. Mattress much better than HI where I stayed during the previous week. One bedside lamp didn't work - but I used the other side of the bed.
There is no exterior signage visible if you're walking from Metro station. Have to walk past it to see that it is the Holiday Inn.
Overall, OK for business traveler who needs access to Metro. There is room to improve.
February 10, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by RIfamtrav location and price make it a good deal
We have stayed here at least 5 times in the past 3 years. During our last visit in August, we noticed several problems with the room and let the manager know via email. He very nicely offered to upgrade us to a suite this time. The room was in better shape than the last room but there were a few things we noticed. The hallway had a very strange odor, somewhat musty, partially masked by a strong chemical/cleaning agent? The beds are ok, not fantastic and could have used an extra blanket or comforter - I didn't request additional blankets so that's my own fault. We were given a coupon for 1 free breakfast and 1 half price breakfast each day. On the 2nd day we arrived at breakfast at 9:35, not realizing they stopped serving at 9:30. The host first said they were closed, then asked if we had a coupon and said we could go ahead and help ourselves. Unfortunately, there was very little food left. We each had a small plate and coffee. I was a bit surprised that the host still charged us for the half price meal ($7, plus tip, left $12). If we had realized how little food there was available, we would have just left and gone to breakfast somewhere else. Again, this was partially our fault for not realizing the situation, and the host was just trying to be nice, but he allowed several other people to do the same thing after us, I wonder how many were surprised by the lack of food.
I used the exercise room once and was disappointed by the odor and lack of ventilation. Perhaps a standing fan would help.
The best part of staying at this hotel is the great location, free parking and usually very reasonable rates. Too bad our next stay is during graduation and rates are more than double what we paid in August, it will be hard to justify, but at other times if you're just looking for a place to sleep, and a convenient location, with free parking, I would recommend it.
February 6, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by WEH1974 What you expect from a Holiday Inn
No surprises here, no frills. Your basic Holiday Inn. I was disappointed that there was no coffee pot in the room. Great location to the Metro
February 5, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by dars020 great view
good visit great location loved the view from restaurant and bar breakfast buffet just fair
February 5, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Sleepy171 I enjoyed my stay here
Clean room, close to the metro, good breakfast for priority members.
February 4, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Big Bear GOOD VALUE AND GREAT SERVICE
We stay at Holiday Inn Rosslyn over a weekend every January. We like to walk, and this an ideal location for going to Georgetown and much farther in downtown Washington. And if the weather is truly horrible, you have easy access to the subway system. The breakfast buffet is outstanding--both for the food and the view. Covered parking is free and is a highly desirable extra benefit. Our only criticism--and it is relatively minor at this point--is that the rooms are beginning to show their age.
January 29, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jll0809 Great view and accommodations
I enjoyed my stay in DC. I had a refrigerator and great view of the city. The room was warm and clean and the bed was comfortable. I would recommend it for the price and I would stay here again. Free parking is a major bonus.
January 29, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by mash_123 Just alright...
I have been staying here for a couple of years now. My office is close by, so the hotel is very conveniently located for me. Overall, this is clearly an old property with a good view. The upkeep is just okay, though I do think there is a lot of scope for improvement, especially on the the service side. A few pointers:
1) The hotel does not keep international travel plugs/adapters. I find this quite strange given it caters to a lot of international guests. I was told I would have to go to the nearest RadioShack if I wanted one (there isn't one close by). As a result, I had to wait until I had some time over the weekend to buy one and charge my mobile. I find this quite unacceptable (and an easy fix).
2) The breakfast is pretty average. There aren't too many healthy options to choose from. But more importantly, it lacks variety. It's been the exact same menu for the last 3 years (from the time I first started staying here). This may not be such a big deal for someone staying 1-2 nights, but long staying guests (like me) will get tired of seeing the same breakfast day-after-day. The same is true for the restaurant and room service menu.
3) I found the attitude of the staff to be at best indifferent, all the way down to being rude at times. This is certainly true for the front desk and the restaurant -- the housekeeping staff on the other hand were very pleasant to interact with.
January 27, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Ron-sandtown Convenient location and very nice place to stay
The hotel is conveniently near Washington DC., even better for Georgetown. The view and food was delicious at the top floor restaurant.
January 25, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Alejandra63 good location
Is a good hotel. Breakfast is included but then is served in the restaurant and waiters ask for tips, so it´s not free.
Good location just crossing the bridge.
January 24, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by LanaS Great stay!
I spent two nights in this particular hotel. The personnel was nice, room was clean. One thing though I did not expect to happen. NO Refrigerator in the room! I have an experience with Holiday Inn in my past and all locations had one. So, be aware about that.
Everything else was great. Very convenient location, close to Washington DC. Subway station is next to the hotel. The hotel parking is available and no problem to find a spot (January), internet speed was tolerable during the evening and great during the day!)))
January 17, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Voyager1963 Excellent Hotel
Spent a great vacation, close to Washington, in a wonderful Hotel.
January 16, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Rmoore1002 Great Value
I needed a convenient hotel location to a shuttle stop plus the Metro, preferably both the Orange and Blue and the Rosslyn Station is perfect. The Holiday Inn, Key Bridge, is in a great location to all the transit locations that I needed. And the price was fantastic. I will definatly stay here in the future. Great value, great location, great staff, great everything.
January 16, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Lou from Yorktown Great Hotel for the Value
The room rates are very reasonable with no parking fees. The restaurant on the 17th floor has an awesome view of DC. Highly recommend this hotel.
January 15, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by StSteve Another Visit
This trip returned my child back to college in D.C. Walked around the area, very nice, even elevated sidewalk. Went to Iwo Jima, shopped at Safeway.
This time we had a refrigerator!
Once again, FREE PARKING!
Had view of Potomac.
January 15, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by CO1113 My Take
Quite and comfortable; amenities where great and was really impressed with their fitness center. Room service was prompt and restaurant on the 17th floor was nice as well. No complaints and I would stay there again.
January 14, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Juanita1542 One of the worst run hotels yet
Something is wrong with the management of this hotel. Either the manager is incompetent or the hotel rates are too low to support hiring good people. I stay in all kinds of hotels from the cheapest (almost) to the nicer hotels. I expected more out of this hotel for this price. Here are just some items I can remember:
- The hallway was not vacuumed. There were shreds of white paper all over the hallway carpet and a discarded cellophane wrapper on the floor.
- I was sitting in the chair in the hotel room and leaned over the side only to see part of a Subway sandwich bag sticking out from under the chair which was left by the previous occupant.
- I went into the bathroom, removed the paper top to a glass and picked it up only to find complete fingerprints all over the glass and dried something left in the bottom of the glass. It had obviously been used.
- I expected we might have some road noise or airplane noise, knowing that this hotel sits on a busy corner in Rosslyn and is sometimes in the flight path of airplanes heading toward Reagan National airport, but it was so noisy my husband kept waking up throughout the night. If you went over to the sliding door in the room (which led out onto a patio) and stood close to the area where the two glass panes of the door met, you could hear noises as if you were standing outside. I sleep with ear plugs so it wasn't a problem for me.
- The cordless phone battery would not charge on the phone holder. It was dead.
- My husband went into the fitness center around 8 am and found that the room lighting was very dim. He couldn't find a way to turn up the lights. The first treadmill he tried made a loud clicking noise like something was wrong. The second treadmill worked but the TV audio wasn't working. The third treadmill worked fine, however it was really warm in the room and there wasn't a fan. It would have been nice to have an incline board for sit ups. The remote for the room TV was missing and many of the channels displayed "no signal". There wasn't anyone around to ask for assistance. Plenty of used towels in the hamper but no clean ones were available.
- The restaurant was only open until 9:30 am on a Sunday. We almost missed breakfast.
- The breakfast was TERRIBLE. The scrambled eggs were cold and some of the canned pineapple tasted old. The oatmeal tasted watered down. There just wasn't much there to pick from. I had a free breakfast coupon because of my Priority Club status and I think we were given 50% off of my husband's breakfast but it wasn't worth even that.
- Although the sign on the outside door adjacent to the skywalk said the door would be locked and you would need your room key to gain access, we found that the door was open in the evening after hours.
- A minor item as we checked in: As a Priority Club member the front desk person said I could choose either a bottle of water and some trail mix or 500 miles ... but they were out of the water and trail mix so would 500 miles be ok? Out of water and trail mix, huh?
There were a few good things about the stay.
- The front desk person was very nice and accommodating. I wish I would have caught her name.
- We were supposed to stay two nights and called in the morning to cancel the second night. There wasn't a charge for canceling.
Bottom line is that for the money, this place is not worth it. We didn't even last two nights.
January 13, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by MDB510 A Lovely Stay
Very affordable, great value. Courteous, friendly, responsive, knowledgeable staff, clean and comfortable room especially the cozy reading chair. Balcony with ability to get fresh air if desired, easily accessed wireless internet, free parking, close to Metro. Close to restaurants. Great coffee shop with good selections and reasonable prices. large work out area and clean supervised pool area.
Areas for opportunity
Rooms a little dated - especially the bathroom. Low water pressure in bathroom sink (shower was fine although could use handle on wall for safety getting in and out , bottom of tub a little slick).
Would definitely stay here again
January 12, 2014