Rated 3.7 out of 5 by 31
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by BenneB clean room and great dinner
I was in room 610.
* minus points
- no fridge available in room (while working it is really
- product of cleaning bed sheets is too smooth
- bed cover does not cover all bed part
- shower towel too thick
* posititve points
- room is perfectly clean
- room is well disposed
- beds are good product
- hotel has good staff and pretty kind
- i had two dinners. Quality and Service are pretty good !
November 26, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by SPML Great location with children
We spent a WE at HI Westside with 2 children, aged 5y and 9 months. We had 2 rooms connected, the children's one at half price as the hotel policy does not allow 4 people in the same room. The hotel is incorporated in the commercial and entertainment center. Parking separated but at same low cost as the cc. As the cinemas and the swimming pool -2.5h entrance included with the hotel stay- are on site too, the food court remains open on WE as well, which is practical with the kids.
Perfect location: close to the motorway -easy to find-, outside the city -no noise- but less than 10 min to the city center with the S-Bahn. Friendly and helpful multilingual staff.
October 25, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by EuroTraveller8763 Hygiene and Language
I am a platinum member of the IHC Group and have stayed in many of their hotels, mainly at the Holiday Inn brand.
I stayed in this hotel for five nights for a recent business trip. The hotel is very clean well located for shopping and ease of access to the centre of Bern and the main rail station. My overall impression of the hotel was good but I would mark it down on the following points.
• For an international hotel there is no lunch menu printed in English which I found very strange. You can have menus in French, German, Dutch and even Norwegian, but not in English. I had to ask the assistant for help with the translations. In fact much of the signage in the hotel does not cater very well for English speaking guests. There were also only two English speaking TV channels available in the room, both of them news channels which repeat the same news content every thirty minutes. Very boring if you are there for more than one night !
• The pillows in the room gave a choice of “soft” or “hard”. The truth is I could not tell the difference. All four pillows were very very soft and was a major contributing factor to me not sleeping that well for the duration of my stay.
• My last and most annoying finding was the amount of fly’s that were allowed to proliferate in and around the open area which consisted of the lobby, bar and restaurant. I was so put off by fly’s landing on my food every time I ate in the restaurant that I actually eat out for the much of my stay. I did complain about this several times but was advised that it was the time of year and they would more than likely be gone when the winter arrives !!!! Hello…this is a food prep area and restaurant.
I would stay there again because it is convenient for the office, but I would use one of the many restaurants available in the adjoining shopping mall for eating.
October 18, 2013