Rated 3.7 out of 5 by 31
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by BenneB clean room and great dinner
I was in room 610.
* minus points
- no fridge available in room (while working it is really
- product of cleaning bed sheets is too smooth
- bed cover does not cover all bed part
- shower towel too thick
* posititve points
- room is perfectly clean
- room is well disposed
- beds are good product
- hotel has good staff and pretty kind
- i had two dinners. Quality and Service are pretty good !
November 26, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by SPML Great location with children
We spent a WE at HI Westside with 2 children, aged 5y and 9 months. We had 2 rooms connected, the children's one at half price as the hotel policy does not allow 4 people in the same room. The hotel is incorporated in the commercial and entertainment center. Parking separated but at same low cost as the cc. As the cinemas and the swimming pool -2.5h entrance included with the hotel stay- are on site too, the food court remains open on WE as well, which is practical with the kids.
Perfect location: close to the motorway -easy to find-, outside the city -no noise- but less than 10 min to the city center with the S-Bahn. Friendly and helpful multilingual staff.
October 25, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by EuroTraveller8763 Hygiene and Language
I am a platinum member of the IHC Group and have stayed in many of their hotels, mainly at the Holiday Inn brand.
I stayed in this hotel for five nights for a recent business trip. The hotel is very clean well located for shopping and ease of access to the centre of Bern and the main rail station. My overall impression of the hotel was good but I would mark it down on the following points.
• For an international hotel there is no lunch menu printed in English which I found very strange. You can have menus in French, German, Dutch and even Norwegian, but not in English. I had to ask the assistant for help with the translations. In fact much of the signage in the hotel does not cater very well for English speaking guests. There were also only two English speaking TV channels available in the room, both of them news channels which repeat the same news content every thirty minutes. Very boring if you are there for more than one night !
• The pillows in the room gave a choice of “soft” or “hard”. The truth is I could not tell the difference. All four pillows were very very soft and was a major contributing factor to me not sleeping that well for the duration of my stay.
• My last and most annoying finding was the amount of fly’s that were allowed to proliferate in and around the open area which consisted of the lobby, bar and restaurant. I was so put off by fly’s landing on my food every time I ate in the restaurant that I actually eat out for the much of my stay. I did complain about this several times but was advised that it was the time of year and they would more than likely be gone when the winter arrives !!!! Hello…this is a food prep area and restaurant.
I would stay there again because it is convenient for the office, but I would use one of the many restaurants available in the adjoining shopping mall for eating.
October 18, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Marcone Comfortable room and great relax
A nice and comfortable room with the possibility to relax in the near wellness center (included in the hotel price!) Bernaqua.
October 8, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by onlyNick Good Hotel
Stayed here for a week and then afterwards for another two weeks. Overall it's quite good. Didn't know that you get free access to Bernaqua water park, but they told me this at the reception when I checked in.
The shopping centre below the hotel has some good restaurants if you don't feel like eating in the hotel restaurant every day. Parking is also not too expensive for Swiss standards.
This location suited me since it was close to my work, but the hotel is not walking distance to the city and you would need to take the train if you wanted to go to the city centre.
Breakfast was also good with a wide selection of food.
The glass door on the bathroom is a little strange and unexpected, espeically with the mirror on the wardrobe accross from the bathroom - I know that it's meant to be a more modern design hotel, but still it could have been done a little differently.
October 7, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Craig23 Good hotel, great location
I have stayed here before and will again when in Bern in a months time. I dont understand the comments about the hotel that previous people have mentioned. I have never had any problem here but I guess you cant please everyone!
Fully recommended and will be staying again.
October 2, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Swisstraveller2013 Excellent value--don't be misled by the location
This is a modern, clean, quiet, well run hotel with a great value for the price. We stay for pleasure several times a year. I am sure that business travelers also do well.
We are a family and find the comfort of the rooms and the extras---entrance to the adjacent pool complex and kids under 12 eat free at the hotel---to really make it worthwhile.
Note for people sensitive to noise: If you are put off by the location away from city center, I would advise that you re-consider. Downtown Bern is full of late night bars and crowds and you won't escape the noise level--the later the louder.
Westside is located next to a train stop that takes you right to downtown in 10 minutes, trains run all the time.
In any case, that is my experience and I hope it might be of help.
October 2, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by ChinYS Friendly reception
Our overall stay is ok and it's quiet as this hotel is out of city. A bit troublesome as needing to travel down town but still manageable. It will be suitable if you are not in a rush.
A problem found on the extra bed set, as it's a bit small and it smashed down in middle of the night while I woke up/ walked away from the bed. It seems a bit fragile and for kids size. Hope we will be having a better experience in Holiday Inn London Brent Cross on coming 3 Oct. Thanks.
September 27, 2013