Rated 3.7 out of 5 by 218
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ESK20 Excellent service
Spent three weeks at this hotel, customer service was excellent
Food service and location brilliant for my work.
Overall was very happy with the services, swimming facilities, sauna
Was 100% clean. Will def stay there again. Thank you
January 27, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Mum57 Freindly staff and very clean rooms
No executive rooms with twin beds, so had to downgrade to a normal room on arrival. Internet was unreliable, despite staff attempts to fix. Otherwise a very clean hotel, clean room , friendly and helpful staff, very central for access to most places.
January 18, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Ness00 Noisy Room
If your room is situated at the back of the hotel there is noise all through the night from the motorway. The windows need another layer or better glazing. Housekeeping never replenished my teabags or tissues. Good breakfast, friendly staff. Great to have a fridge in the room.
January 15, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by madnanny 60 comfortable rooms and great service
would recomend to family and friends, great vaule for money,staff always helpful and polite .
January 10, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by nigel 57 dont go for the bed &brunch option
Arrived about 8pm after long day went to room no bed made for our 13 year old daughter,phoned down to reception 3 times no answer, so had to go down to reception.Waited 30 mins for housekeeping to make bed,my daughter found bed awful with springs sticking through mattress.Went for brunch option so as not to rush for breakfast,Well what a mistake that was brunch what brunch there was nothing or nobody there restaurant was closed.Brunch starts at 11am arrived at 11.10 spoke to a member of staff who didnt know anything about brunch as this was a new option.Waited for somebody to find out what brunch was nobody knew.Offered a fried breakfast which we did not want,but had anyway because there was no other option.Had plans to be somewhere else by 1pm did not receive THE BREAKFAST TILL AFTER MIDDAY which we had to eat in bar because restaurant was closed.Disgusted with the way we were treated. The only person who attended to us was a gentlemen whose name was Paul first class service from him pity all your staff are not like him.
January 6, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Jones68 Uncomfortable sofa bed and terrible service at breakfast
Family of 4 (Mum, Dad & two girls aged 10 and 8) stayed in a room with a double bed and pull out sofa on Christmas Night. The room was OK, clean and the double bed was comfortable enough, but my children didn't sleep well on the sofa bed because the mattress wasn't thick enough to cushion the metal bar across the middle of the bed which dug into their hips each time they turned.
Breakfast on Boxing Day was like something out of Fawlty Towers. Just two people serving a full breakfast area (approx 60 people seated and a queue of people waiting to be seated) trying to juggle seating people, serving teas & coffee's, clearing tables and replenishing food at the buffet counter. Consequently we experienced the following:
1) We were sat at a table that had been cleared but not wiped clean. We sat and waited for some time for the waiter to bring our cutlery and take our drinks order, and when he did he laid out our cutlery onto a dirty table and only wiped it afterwards.
2) After taking our hot drinks order of three teas and a coffee, the waiter brought a small pot of tea for one to share between three, no coffee pot at all and milk served in a sugar bowl that we couldn't pour without spilling it all over the table.
3) During our time in the breakfast area, the staff must have dropped and smashed a pile of plates at least three times.
4) Tables around us were left uncleared and dirty while the queue of people waiting to be seated grew.
5) All of the condiments and bottles of sauce had been left on uncleared tables around the breakfast area. We had to hunt around the breakfast area for sauces to go with our hot breakfast.
6) When the waiter finally brought more tea and coffee, the coffee pot for one ended up being larger than the pot of tea for three, but we couldn't be bothered to ask and wait a third time for more tea, so we put up with what we had.
7) The hot food area had been filled up and left under the hot lights, so without the staff to bring fresh replenishments the fried eggs had congealed and stuck together, the scrambled eggs were watery and the black pudding and bacon had dried out.
My suggestion would be
1) To have a self service hot drinks area to avoid the staff wasting their time bringing drinks to people and allow customers to replenish their own drinks.
2) Self service cutlery supplied at the food station.
3) Bowls of condiment sachets on each table.
That way, the waiting staff can concentrate on keeping the breakfast area clear and clean for people to sit down straight away, and serve freshly made food.
January 6, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Lew738 lads nite
I reciently stayed at j28 holiday inn nice on approach big carpark slight queue to check in all good went there for club event quite nice had good evening disco food could have had more choice but ok .Only shock was in the morning having not pre booked breakfast i found the price high compared to other Hotels Ive stayed inn..The late checkout is good noon.
January 5, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by brentwoodgirls expected better
it was busy due to new year's eve but that should not have come at the expense of slapdash standards.
January 5, 2015