Rated 3.6 out of 5 by 259
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by TravelingSales007 Holiday Inn - Great brand for business travel
Rest assured you will have a great experience with the Holiday Inn brand!
October 11, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by VENLO1 Great personal
I have mentioned this before that I was very impressed with the people tending the bar.
October 11, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by JoeGr Varied Pros and Cons
The Budd Lake Area Holiday Inn is not new. That said, the bathroom was very functional, and the room had both a microwave and a fridge. So much for the good news.
I have been an IHG Member for a number of years, but have found recent Holiday Inn stays disappointing at best. (A few weeks ago we stayed at an Express in Great Barrington, Mass. and had no issues.)
We booked your Budd Lake Inn in January for a two night stay to attend a wedding, October 2-3, primarily because we were able to book a Suite. When we entered our room, it was a Standard Room, not a Suite. The lady at the desk did not tell us this in advance, nor did she greet us as IHG members.
When I went back down to the front desk to inquire, I was informed the Suites had water damage (supposed Jacquin effect) and were not available. The lady said that was probably why we were comped two days of breakfasts. Having no other option at this late date, we accepted the Standard Room. Upon checkout I brought up the topic again and the desk gentleman deducted an additional $30 per night from our bill, which was decent of him. Why this was done only after I complained and not upon check-in, is disappointing.
• In-room coffee was terrible. Old coffeemaker not clean. Why not Keurig?
• No Lobby beverages available. Coffee, outside of room, was available only when restaurant was open. As we breakfasted, we noticed several people who came in for coffee and complained the in-room coffee was undrinkable.
• Undersized TV.
• Very noisy, under-window, older heating/AC unit. It ran almost constantly.
• Restaurant staff very nice, but service was not ready at 7 o’clock opening either day of our stay. In fact, after twenty minutes of waiting, I had to ask as to when the buffet items would be ready. Turns out, they just forgot to put them out.
• Finally, very, very scary elevators. Both elevators were herky-jerky and one actually made my jaw drop when it was between floors. This elevator later malfunctioned. It sat open on our floor, about a foot lower than it should have been. My wife started using only the stairs.
October 10, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Pete777777 Nice Place
The place is very nice and clean. You won't be disappointed.
October 7, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by 56joseph ok
was ok. stayed at better holidays inns in the past only stay one night maybe it would have been better
October 6, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Nard4 Clean and Comfortable
The place was booked full of people and it was easy to see why. They have good amenities, clean and comfortable rooms, and good location. The value is good.
October 1, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Jenny (SW UK) Lovely bed and pillows
Whilst room good, wifi performance should be treated with caution and don't rely on it.
Breakfast is adequate but expensive compared to other local options.
TV channels available in HD which was great and the on-demand entertainment system should work but was down for 50% of my stay so unfortunate loss of income here.
September 28, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Laurelai My daughter's wedding
Lovely rooms. Bed, sheets, blankets, pillows were heaven. Clean and fresh without cleaning product smell which I'm sensitive to. Quiet, comfortable with lovely views Would have liked more choice for breakfast menu, but food was good and arrived on time to the minute of our request.
September 26, 2015