Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 443
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by miter rail rooms
I have stayed at this hotel before very close to where I had to do business. great rate very clean rooms very confortbale beds. the staff. was very helpful in getting my room on time for check in time. i had a good dinner at the bar for a good price.
June 29, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by JsamSmile Friendly staff and good location.
Staff were helpful when we requested additional towels or had questions about transportation, since we were unfamiliar with the area. The pool was extremely clean and very relaxing. The reasons for the lower rating was the mold on the walls in the bathroom and the expired medications purchased from the store. The beds were comfortable and we slept very well. We were very happy with the location of the hotel as it was close to Union Station.
June 27, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by RKW57 outdated look and feel
left room one morning to find a person sleeping in the hall. No soft pillows, very small bathroom. Shower not clean. internet is very weak/poor/slow.
June 26, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Shellx4 Good Value; Poor customer service
We were with friends - 2 rooms. We arrived 2 hours before check-in and inquired if the rooms were ready. They were not. No problem. We returned at 3pm - check-in time. One room was still not ready. Front desk staff offered no apology, no assistance, no offer to contact us as soon as it was available - nothing. The woman was not rude, in any way, just poorly trained and immature.
The hotel was clean and comfortable. Good location for the price we paid.
June 24, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Dina2015 Hotel was fine, surrounding local not so good
The hotel was fine. We received a group rate for one night for a wedding but was not able to get the same rate for a Sunday night. Had to check out and back in again for the 2nd night to keep the same room. Thought this was odd.
Not sure what the advantage of being an IHG member was. Was greeted at check-in. Two bottles of water in the room. When I asked for two more bottles for the 2nd night, was told it was only given at check-in. I reminded the clerk that I had to check in again for the 2nd night. The clerk then reluctantly agreed and handed me 3 mini water bottles.
Easy walk from Union Station but on Saturday and Sunday not a lot of people on the streets. I would not stay here again due to the locale or if I was traveling alone. Would not feel safe after dark on the street.
June 24, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by pjnyman Good Value
Good hotel for the money. Some road noise but not enough to keep you awake.
June 23, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Billhall33 Nice hotel and staff, just didn't like the location
Hotel was clean and the people were very nice. The internet when worked was slow. I would prefer a different location in the city.
June 22, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Marge1157 Good customer service, bad experience overall
- Upon check-in, we went to our room only to discover we were given the wrong room key and room assignment. Took about 15-20 minutes to get it straightened out and into the correct room. Staff was extremely apologetic.
- Wifi was terrible during our entire stay. Also, there was a storm that night and the DirectTV and Wifi went out completely.
- Bathroom toilet plugged two times. First time, maintenance came right away. Second time, I called at 10:15 pm and no one came; I stayed awake until almost 11:30 waiting. When I called again the following morning, maintenance came right away.
- Shower stopper was broken. 2nd maintenance call fixed it.
- Used the Business Center. Printer had no toner and was not usable. Couldn't get PC printer to print thru the available PCs, but was able to eprint from my iPad. Needed to download a document and was not able due to security settings on computers.
- Room seemed mildly dirty. The outside windows looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a very long time.
- We asked the valet for a taxi, but he was dealing with a large party that was leaving and told us one would be right there. We ended up walking back to the Amtrak train station (.3 mile) to hail a cab.
- I trusted Holiday Inn, but this overall experience will lead me to a different hotel on my next vacation.
June 22, 2015