Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 208
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by MandaPanda Awesome views
This is just what we needed, to get away from the hustle and bustle of "city" life that didn't take us long to get to. There was always something to do, whether it be swimming in the lake or the pool. Just wish there was a dock and beach other than the swimming area for boats and such to pull up to!
July 23, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Cgg1999 The whole package
We stayed at the holiday in for the 4th of July weekend. I was more then happy with the hotel. Not only do you get a great room with an amazing view of the water but they have so much more to offer, they have an awesome beach with volleyball, water toys and kayaks(free to use for guests),great beach and awesome bar with amazing patio where you can sit relax and enjoy the water. We were also lucky enough that they had music in the lounge each night which was another added bonus. Bottom line this hotel has it all. So if you like to have a cocktail on the deck or play volleyball on the beach or just a relaxing night in a nice room with an amazing view I highly suggest this hotel. GREAT JOB HOLIDAY INN TEAM
July 20, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by zachary77dante12 great stay
A that was a wonderful stay everything was great would recommend to anyone
July 20, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Greenbud007 Nice staff clean Motel
One of the best Holiday Inn Expresses I have stayed at. Nice Lake view, good bar and food. Fun Place to stay.
July 19, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by JBLLawyer reservations, accomodations, food quality
I made reservations and received a guaranteed rate in January for a stay in July. On checking in, I found out my assigned room was a handicap room. I asked for another room and was told by the night clerk I would have to speak to a manager the next day because no other rooms were available. The next morning, I was told another room would be available that afternoon. The room was fine but the Holiday Inn increased my rate over $50 per night from my reservation. That being said, I was not able to discuss the situation with a manager, the food was mediocre at best and the service was poor as we had to chase down servers to get refills of coffee and in one instance to get the juice we ordered served. All in all, my experience at this Holiday Inn was substandard in all respects. Neither I nor my friends would stay there again.
July 19, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Rylind Love it
My grandson and I enjoy the walk out room on the beach. He is able to bring his toys from the room and also to get snacks when he would like one. I have been coming there for years and will continue to come back for many years.
July 17, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Not a Welcome Visitor Not Welcoming - Not a Hotel
There are MANY opportunities for this establishment with a wonderful lake view:
1. Rooms are severely overpriced for what you get
2. Rooms need Cleaning - a GOOD cleaning, dusting including Air Conditioner which was spewing out dust bunnies. The headboard of the bed was filled with hand prints, the "patio" s/b swept and cleaned, still trash left from previous occupant.
3. Lawn Care: In the Evening lawn care should collect the lawn chairs and lawn items, stack and place in orderly fashion for the next day. Pick up the Trash left and toss into trash bucket, don't leave it for the next day visitors to clean up. 4. Provide information on the rental equipment; pontoons, kayaks etc. many folks first time visit have no idea.
5. Lawn and sand maintenance can be stepped up. Need skilled manager to lead the teams, whilst many are summer workers they can only do what they know.
6. Wait staff: Customer service training NECESSARY. Don't hold your hand up to customers and say WAIT I have Other tables! Wait I'm busy. Completely lack of understanding knowing what customer service is and how visitors are spending money and to be helpful not rude. Again, lack of management assistance or follow up to help and direct.
7. Customer Service - Customer Service Customer Service - NECESSARY training needed. From Front desk to end of stay - we spent a lot of money and felt like we were a imposition.
8. Clean the hall ways and elevators at days in. Getting in the elevator in the morning with SAND, trash and items which were in the elevator from the previous day looks terrible.
9. Kitchen Training and Education: If you are going to be a short order station then state that. I bought a flatbread buffalo chicken. Which was the size of a large pita, was COLD, had some ill flavored sauce with chicken full of gristle and a splash of sirachi. Terrible - all for 9.00!. Plus my husband ordered chips and salsa, the chips were the CRUSHED end pieces of what appeared they dumped the bag of chips in, with a sloppy salsa sauce - clearly the cheapest brand possible. Cold Stale chips with bad tasting salsa - WOW we were wondering if we really wanted to eat DINNER being this was the appetizer.
10. Lack of clear management or expectation setting across the board. The ONLY thing prompt was the incredibly high prices.
11. Called for more towels - 45 minutes later called again. 1 hour and 15 minutes I called said I would come down and get myself. The front desk had the towels waiting for me ON THE FLOOR! Really? Where oh where does this come into the employee manual? . Signed OVER Charged Visitor
July 16, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by BigPaul2015 Nice hotel but...
Beautiful location on the lake. Great breakfast and reasonably priced. The bed did not seem as comfortable as other Holiday Inn's that I have visited. The fan on the AC unit woke me up throughout the night when it turned on. Unfortunately, I did not realize that I could have had the fan on constant until my last night, which I think would have been better for me.
July 12, 2015