Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 76
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by SteveB614 Room Comfort
I was very impressed with my stay at the Holiday Inn Elk Grove Village. It was convenient to my business in the area and the airport. The rooms were clean, comfortable and up-to-date with functional work space and easy to access electrical outlets. The rooms were remarkably quiet given the proximity to the airport. It was super cold when I stayed so I liked that it had a full restaurant and bar connected to the hotel. I recommend this to anyone looking to stay at a clean, quiet & reasonable hotel in the area.
December 17, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Superswede Great Experience......But
Was in Room 103 - Room was designed for special need, but is not a problem. Air Conditioning unit sits off the floor for easy access for need, BUT was extremely noisy and squeaked continually. As a seasoned traveler ear plugs are a standard accessory and were used to muffle the sound. Suggest that unit be replaced.
Our company does seminars at your hotel on a regular basis, and always enjoy the expert service, but rooms and equipment starting to show wear and tear.
December 14, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Hotelguest120613 Fix the Breakfast Experience
Our main reason for my wife and me writing this review is to make constructive complaints about the breakfast service at your restaurant, "Shelby Campbell's" as follows, based on our meal finished at 10:21 AM on Sat. Dec. 7th, 2013:
1. We arrived at about 9:35 AM. The dining room was COLD. Guests and staff were wearing outerwear - outdoor jackets. When I asked if staff would turn up the heat, the hostess pointed me to the plastic-box-locked thermostat control and stated that only the hotel engineer had the key, and that he was not on duty yet. What? It was 9:35 AM. Substitute help should be available.
2. The restaurant was out of groceries for the Raisin Bread French Toast that was featured in the menu.
3. The silverware used at our table was the cheapest, thinnest, greasy-spoon type of product. Well beneath Holiday Inn quality.
4. There was one more problem here but I forgot what it was. I remember upon leaving that there were (4) distinct problems.
5. A Good thing: The hostess and waitresses were engaging and courteous.
All in all, our restaurant breakfast experience at Shelby Campbell's was very bad. I tipped well for the good waitress service, but she was very hamstrung by the site troubles and therefore she was unable to deliver customer satisfaction.
December 10, 2013