Rated 3.8 out of 5 by 152
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by fish63 Everything I needed
Rooms were clean and all of our needs were met. Plan to be back next year about the same time. I would recommend this facility to friends and family who are visiting this area of Arkansas.
August 13, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Marc V. God price value
Only things that I didn't like were an outdated fitness area and the air conditioner was either on or off, no automatic setting that comes on at a certain temperature.
August 11, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Arkansan Pleasant stay but unsatisfactory credit card charges
My stay was overall very pleasant; I enjoyed the cleanliness of my room and the amenities of the hotel. However, I did not appreciate the difficulty that I experienced in paying with a check. I was still charged for the room on my credit card and now, 5 days later, I still have the cost of one night remaining on my card that is pending removel. I would have appreciated it if the individual working at the front desk would have listened to me the first time when I told them that I would be paying with a check and to only put incidentals on my credit card.
August 6, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Dan104 Needs some attention
Overall a decent hotel as far as rooms, service and comfort. However, there are some flaws that a business traveler would want to be aware of before booking this hotel:
1. Parking is ridiculous. I don't know the exact room count of this hotel, but there is only about 40 parking spaces in the lot.
2. The WIFI is slower than dial-up, if it even works at all. I had to pack up my gear and find a place that had free WIFI in order to get my work done.
3. The food in the restaurant is poor. I was served a baked potato that was literally brown inside. It looked like it had been baked a week ago. If you stay here and do manage to find a coveted parking spot in the lot, there are lots of options within walking distance of the hotel.
The room was clean and comfortable and the hotel staff was excellent.
August 6, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Tani14 Nice bed...downhill from there
Liked the looks of the hotel but the service was horrible way understaffed for this stay.Bed was comfortable but no soap,shampoo or extra toilet paper in room.The restaurant was pitiful no staff and they weren't that busy...wouldn't recommend if you need to stay on premise for meals. Even the bar was bad...
August 5, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Bandguy42 Gnats, fire alarms, Parking, Banquet, and broken Air and Heat unit
1. Room was extremely cold on a mild day (temp in the 60's) when I got there. Turned on the heater to warm things up a bit, heater did not work. Had to complain 3 times before maintenance actually came and did something. Their fix left me with basically a neutral fan blowing with no cold or warm air. Not very acceptable.
2. The entire building was filled with gnats and flies: Room, restaurant, lobby, convention center, everyplace in the building.
3. Banquet: Friday night banquet was a train wreck. Sat at a table where half the table got their food in a fairly reasonable amount of time. Every other table around us had been fully served. Had four people at our table who got nothing till the last 5-10 minutes before the banquet was over and it was time to go to the concert. They had to shove it down their throats really quick. Unacceptable.
4. Parking is atrocious and really should be fixed.
5. Fire alarm went off at 3:30 am this morning. When we got out in the hall, we were told it was a false alarm and to go back to bed.
It's not the worst place I have ever stayed, but it's in the top 3. I gave the staff a little higher rating because I get the feeling it's not their fault and they are doing the best they can. I don't get the feeling it is being managed very well and kept up.
August 2, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by gromeo Retire the grand old lady
This hotel is worn out. Major renovations are needed here, not just slap on another coat of paint. Bar, restaurant, rooms, biz center (really does not have one) all aspects are in need of total remodel. AC unit terrible, smells
August 2, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Hensley It Had Been A Long Time
It had been 50 years since I graduated from high school in Fort Smith and was eager to reacquaint with friends and classmates. Staying at the Holiday Inn allowed me to attend most of the associated activities without leaving the premises. It's close proximities allowed me to share historical sights and info about my city of birth with my daughter and granddaughter without having to do much travel. The entire experience was made enjoyable with accommodations supplied by Holiday Inns.
July 31, 2014