Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 152
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Skeeter5 My Stay
It was a short stay from 7PM till 8AM the next morning. I wasn't around to use the facilities for the one night as I didn't get back to the room until after 10PM
December 15, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by thacknla Business Trip
Soundproofing was not great between rooms. I could hear everything from the room above.
December 8, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by fred7204 no IHG help
Tried to adjust bill in the AM to use points. Was told that was "outside their control" and that they had nothing to do with IHG. No continental breakfast. Is there a hotel that doesn't provide that anymore???
December 7, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Rhon1 Disengaged Staff/Management
I encountered several problems at this particular Holiday Inn. As a Platinum Elite Rewards member, I have had plenty of experience with the Holiday Inn chain of hotels. I have not ever experienced issues at any of the other hotels.
1. I called the front desk one evening to ask that they extend my stay two nights. The phone rang and rang forever. Finally the call was answered by the manager on duty. She informed me that she could not extend my stay, as I would have to go online and do this myself.
2. I attempted to go online to make my new reservation, but I was unable to access WIFI. Called the front desk again. I called 5 times; each time the phone rang so long that my call was disconnected (not sure if this was done intentionally, or by system default). Finally my call was answered again by the manager on duty. I complained about my experience with trying to get the front desk to answer my calls. The manager explained that they always first assist new guests checking in before assisting existing guests. Hmmmm . . . .
3. The manager on duty told me that the WIFI password changes each Sunday, which is why I was unable to gain access. I said, "information that would have been very useful yesterday, Saturday, when I checked in." Inadequate.
4. Manager on duty still did not extend my hotel stay - - - even after wasting one hour of my time.
5. My Platinum "welcome points" were not offered to me; I had to ask for them when checking out.
6. I was given a room with no frig or microwave. As a Platinum member, I have always been offered a King suite. But nope, not at this particular hotel.
7. Don't even think about being able to adjust the room temperature to your own liking. My thermostat would not register above 73 degrees. Normally, 73 degrees would have a person sweating to death, especially while trying to sleep. However, in this room, with the thermostat set to "heat" at 73 degrees, only cold air blew out. I literally froze all night, even after putting on socks and sweats. Not comfortable . . . .
8. The noise from the heater unit is unbearable. You have to turn up the volume on the TV to its' max. Yes, they have the TV rigged so it can reach a volume of only 20. Again, normally this would blast your ears out, but with the noise from both the heater unit and the bathroom fan, forget about it. It's a lost cause.
9. Room key stopped working. We all know how much we love to get upstairs, dragging and toting tons of stuff, just to find the key is no longer working. Once I made my way back down there again, the desk clerk starting playing 20 questions with me, even after I had handed her my room key. She wanted my name, my room number, my address, my first born. Then after all of that, I had to drop everything I was holding to dig out my Driver License. Really?
10. I relayed all of this information face-to-face with the hotel manager. This is where the disengagement kicks in. He stood there and appeared to be listening, but never would agree that the lack of customer service was a problem that should be addressed. He pretty much just stared right through me. He never did confirm that there were any problems. Weird.
December 5, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Boburn556 comfortable bed and quiet.
Stayed here after a long drive and hotel was very clean and inviting. Bed was very comfortable. Would definitely recommend. My only complaint is that I wish there was a complimentary hot breakfast like all of the Holiday Inn Expresses I have stayed at.
December 5, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by sportslove Comfortable and clean rooms
Compared to other hotel chains I find the Holiday Inn very pleasant and comfortable
December 2, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Tonester56 Comfortable bed. Clean restroom
The Room was comfortable except, the heater fan was a little too loud. Not as bad as some hotels I've stayed. There is no fridge nor microwave oven.
December 1, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Randy from Colorado Clean and Friendly Hotel
Clean new looking hotel. Friendly staff and very comfortable stay. I will stay here next time I am in Grand Junction.
November 30, 2014