Rated 3.2 out of 5 by 98
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 Very Disappointed
My room and the service from this hotel was well below average. The room was dingy but worse was the service or lack thereof.
After driving 5.5 hours there I was starving and called to order room service, everything I tried to order was “no longer a part of their menu”. They finally gave me about 4 things to choose from, none of which sounded appealing but I was hungry and tired. They were even out of root beer when I tried to order it. When I got my dinner it was all wrong including the dressing for my salad, no sour cream for my potato and no salt and pepper. The porkchop was undercooked and disgusting.
I decided maybe I’d have better luck with breakfast so I filled out my breakfast service door hanger, just as I do at every Holiday Inn, and hung it on my door at 8pm that evening to be delivered at 8am the next morning. I waited and waited in the morning as I didn’t want to get in the shower until after they had come by but by 8:30 I needed to get ready for my 9am meetings so I looked outside my door to see the door hanger was never picked up and my dishes from the evening before still sitting there. By this time it was too late for me to be able to order food and still be ready by 9am so I went without.
I told the gal at the front desk that and she said “Oh, they didn’t pick up the door hanger?”
I unfortunately also made the mistake of hosting a large meeting there, this experience was no better than my room.
· There was no trash can – we had to go ask for one
· There was no ice for the warm soda – we had to go ask for some
· There were no notepads or pens on the tables, this is the first meeting in any hotel meeting room where I have ever encountered this
· There were no napkins with lunch
· The lunch was terrible, everyone commented on it. The sandwiches had soggy lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and worst was the soggy wet onions.
· The chips with lunch were a bag or tortilla chips poured into a bowl with a small bowl of store bought salsa beside it
· The cookies were hard and appeared they were a chips ahoy cookie right out of the freezer
· No one ever did come in and pick up our lunch dishes
· No one ever came in to refill pitcher
· The ceiling tiles were stained and gross
I am a priority club member with Holiday Inn so chose them every chance I get and am generally extremely pleased with the accommodations and service but this experience was the worst experience I’ve had at any Holiday Inn.
December 15, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by marie93 would not stay at thos hotel again
High rates for a small room. No hot breakfast. Suppose to be high speed internet. It was terrible. Very Very slow internet. Gave up could not use it.
December 14, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by BBaird6033 Thanksgiveing
We had traveled to Joplin for thanksgiving to visit family. The staff was courteous and the rooms were clean and were suitable to our needs The lobby was scented and unsuitable for those with allergies.
When we got up the next morning, we found out the free continental breakfast was not being served thanksgiving week. We thought this was wrong for management to do and it being a holiday should have had nothing to do with it. We also found out our credit card had been double billed us which we thought was unacceptable. The staff was great but maybe there should have been more then one person behind the counter to answer phone calls or assist in the check in/out process. The staff was great, but it was a couple little things that couple have made our stay more pleasurable.
December 14, 2013