Rated 3.5 out of 5 by 144
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Auto auction buyer Hot and uncomfortable
I stay at this Holiday Inn a lot for Business a lot. last 2 stays
common area hot and sticky and this last time hardly able to stay and get a drink at the bar. It was hat and miserable at the bar. They tried to use the Computer room not AC or fan working at all. Staff not able to help at all.
Breakfast has been going down hill for a while went from a nice buffet to just a few basic things. I hope they are not going out of business
the conditions reflect badly on them
July 26, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Ash32 Average stay but poor restaurant experience
The rooms were average. The pool was nice and the hot tub was perfect temp. Enjoyed the pool area. The restaurant the next morning was a poor experience. It was super busy with not enough food at the buffet. For the price of the buffet it was definitely not worth it. We wish we would have gone to Waffle House instead. The food was probably worse than what I've had at hotels with complimentary warm breakfasts. I would stay there again, but I would absolutely not eat there. Also, the wait staff was rude.
July 23, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by gaunt65 Great staff, but the facilities are below standards
Let me first say that the staff at this particular location was extremely friendly, helpful, and courteous.
The room and facilities, however, were far less than what I've come to expect from the Holiday Inn brand.
- All the lamps in the room were unplugged which required moving furniture to get to some of the outlets. The lampshades themselves were all cracked/broken/discolored.
- The bathroom was clean, but showed significant signs of aging (rust, flaking paint, cracked enamel).
- There was NO alarm clock in the room.
- The pull out sleeper sofa had vinyl (yes, VINYL) cushions on it. It also had no bedding other than a mattress cover on it. 30 minutes later housekeeping brought up sheets, but no additional pillows or blankets were available at that time. Seriously, how the heck does a hotel run out of these things?!?
- The air conditioning was touchy, at best. It took several minutes of jiggling the fan control to finally convince it to turn down from "arctic blast" to something reasonable. The room was 66 degrees when we checked in. I was finally able to get it to hold at 72, but the fan never stopped running the entire night.
Considering the location of the hotel, I'm sure there are a LOT of families staying here for a visit to the amusement parks across the highway. It's a very convenient location, but the hotel is in dire need of an overhaul.
July 23, 2014