Rated 4.0 out of 5 by 53
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Magsirwin trip to Killarney Holiday Inn Dec 2014
Excellent hotel and great staff team very clean and well run hotel. Very Efficient no long waits for food. Restaurant 5* quality. Great for families and for extra €20 per night upgrade to a family suite with second room. Best value in Killarney. Definitely will go again.
January 12, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Happy04 Excellent Location, Lovely Lobby Decor and Courteous Staff
Excellent Location made for ease of movement to different parts of Killarney. Lovely Lobby captured the mood of the Christmas festive season, Courteous Staff really made the stay experience like other IHG wonderful experience. Swimming pool experience memorable and personal.
January 5, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by gus71 Great Staff and Environment
Simply put, I was very pleased with the friendliness of the staff and the overall experience. I stayed here during a time when the property was not busy, and was very satisfied with the value I received for the rate I paid. It's a charming facility.
December 23, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by CandlewoodSuitesDavidF Comfortable Place to Stay in Killarney
The rooms are a bit out of date but the service of the staff was wonderful. The breakfast, available at a discount upon check in, was worth. It was available for a fixed price for a double room but ask about getting it with a single room for a reduced price--you aren't stuck paying the same as a double.
December 20, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Keven2014 A great place to stay
The staff were wonderful and took great care of us during our stay. We very much enjoyed our visit to Killarney.
December 19, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by jackie-doodle beds very comfortable
We stayed as a family for a wedding in a near by hotel the staff were very helpful. I would defiantly stay again we have since decided to make it over in the new year the 3 of us again as we were so happy with our stay
December 18, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Jordan64 Not up to standard for Holiday Inn
This was my 52nd night in an IHG property this year and I booked it because of my loyalty to the brand and IHG rewards programme.. My guest and I are both Platinum Ambassadors and were in Killarney for one night in atrocious weather so looked forward to a nice comfortable stay..
1. Reception was unattended and we waited 5 mins for someone to appear.
2. Check in staff were indifferent, badly groomed and acted bored.. first time a points voucher was not offered or given..
3. The room was dated and tired. and though we checked in at 2.30pm the hallway to our room was still littered with trays and half eaten plates of food..
4. Lighting in the room partially worked and the window only opened about 5cms. A broken downpipe was directly outside the window and with the wet weather we had to listen to it overflowing onto a flat room below.. so much for a quiet room as requested.. obviously none of the staff had ever slept or tried to sleep in this room!
5. The Gym Pool staff member was unkempt, unshaven and didn't reflect any form of wellness. He didn't even look up from his computer when we asked questions about opening hours and we didn't bother to go back anyway such was the surly attitude.
6. It was Halloween so there was a high proportion of kids in the hotel with family... surely the staff could have made more of an effort to be friendly... and not appeared so bothered by the noise and high spirits of the kids.. some staff moaned and complained to us non stop about how awful it was to work that weekend! Kids are kids and though boisterous and energetic, its their parents pay the staff wages after-all..
7. We avoided the Hotel as much as we could and spent the rest of our free time (and budget) at the Europe, where the staff were warm, welcoming and efficient.
8. Sleep was almost non existent with the constant noise from outside the window of the broken overflow pipe.
9. Worst stay in all my time at IHG hotels.. The brand should review its association with this hotel and management should try harder considering there are so many other hotels and guest houses with better rates nearby. We didnt even attempt to address our grievances to the indifferent receptionist.
10. This is my first negative review of an IHG property after 5 years of Patronage. Come on Killarney, at least TRY to care about your guests needs and what your guests think..
December 18, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by odon on tour lovely staff
stayed in this hotel for a weekend with the extended family, 17 of us in all. the staff were lovely, the food in the restaurant was gorgeous , the pool was clean if a bit on the small side but all in all it was a very enjoyable stay in killarney. we will definitely come back here again.
December 5, 2014