Rated 3.3 out of 5 by 84
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by teamkemp Great Location, a little chilly though
If you are attending an event at the LaCrosse Center, you can't ask for a better hotel location. The only issue I had with the hotel is that there was a cold breeze coming from the outside wall around the heater. We put extra blankets over it to slow it up a bit.
February 10, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by lakzok Surprisingly marginal experience
Typically, I've had a great history with Holiday Inn.
This stay was the exception, rather than the rule.
- Upon check-in, I was offered either a free drink coupon or 300 bonus rewards points. Since I was being charged for parking, I asked instead for the parking fee to be waived. Request denied.
- Heat in the room was wildly variable. One minute, it'd be uncomfortably hot; 15 minutes later, it was too cool and the unit wouldn't kick on.
- Either my neighbors were super-loud, or the walls are thin and poorly insulated.
- I'm guessing lack of insulation on the interior walls - I could hear every bit of water [loudly] anytime the upstairs ran shower/sink/toilet.
- No free breakfast of any kind. Given the price of the room and charge for parking, I at least expect some cereal and milk.
- The fitness center was decent, though a little cramped and missing any free weights
Like I said - the exception to the rule. Holiday Inn's tend to have a better standard than this experience.
February 3, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Dg1955 Outdated-over priced
As a "frequent flyer" business traveler, 3-4 nights out each week, I am pretty savy at picking the right properties and avoiding those like this one. There is little convenient parking which means you pay extra to park in a garage around the corner. The rooms are very outdated to say the least. The staff was friendly enoug. I wont book this one again.
February 3, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by old63 Front Desk Rep
I had trouble with the desk chair and the TV remote. The young guy replaced both while I was at dinner. I really appreciated his efforts.
January 14, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by T1rain Great
no complaints, comfortable quiet, good downtown location
December 9, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Hacker60 Staff upgraded to suite, very nice!
Only concern is paying for parking. Don't understand why this should be put upon your customers, free parking ramps available everywhere. Don't like to pay extra for a room because of location or pay for parking or internet. Should all be considered in yor pricing.
November 28, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Marc92 Autumn visit to La Crosse
We spent a week in La Crosse in late October. We chose the Holiday Inn downtown primarily for the excellent location, and because we have enjoyed our stays here in the past. Our room was clean and neat as expected, and we were pleasantly surprised to find dishes and utensils included in the suite. These were replaced each time we used them. Each encounter we had with hotel staff, from housekeeping, to the bartender, to the front desk, was pleasant and they were always helpful. We will definitely stay here again on our next visit.
November 12, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by CollegeMomwithCorgi Location....Location....Location and Pet Friendly
This Holiday Inn is located right in the heart of the Downtown LaCrosse District. Right accross from the LaCrosse center. I asked for a pet friendly room. I was pleasantly surprised, the room was clean and no tell tale signs of pets. The staff was friendly and helpful, very accomodating. Plenty of restaurants for dining of any kind. I will stay here again.
November 12, 2013