Rated 4.0 out of 5 by 310
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by ComfortFans Old-fashioned hotel in the process of renovation
- Location for families with kids: supermarket, pharmacy, snacks – 1-3 min. by foot, famous toys shops – 12 min. by foot, souvenir shops next to Trafalgar square – 15 min. by foot, Green park with squirrels and deck-chairs – 3 min. by foot, buses 9 & 14 stops to Kensington (Princess Diana Memorial Playground, Natural History and other museums) – 1 min. by foot.
P.S.: Although there is a direct line to Heathrow by tube I do not recommend it if you are with kids as it is a very crowded stuffy line with the lack of air and space, rather take a set price taxi through concierge,
- Restaurant on site: we say thank you chef! Tasty meals, our kid loved mega fish fingers, village type chips and garlic cheesy crusty bread, we enjoyed lamb chop, chicken, grilled sausages & desserts – it total we tasted 10 different dishes including starters and happy with quality and prices as well as with ‘Kids eat free’ policy. Service was fine except a couple of mistakes but we heard sorry for that. 10% service charge is included in the bill which was fine with us.
- King Executive room was offered as the only out of 2 rooms at the time of our bookig which had a normal water mixer in the bathroom sink so we took the offer specially for that but also liked additional space for kid’s games and super king size bed with the choice of pillows. However this room was not shown in the results when we tried to book it online for 2 adults + 1 child (site demanding to book more that 1 room) and I wish it was.
- Other ‘Executive’ options: bathrobes, slippers, mineral water, chocobar, scales and iron press.
While as bathroom was rather small for room’s Executive status but at least it was clean and tidy. It was also warm thanks to the hot wall battery, and I used it to dry up our towels during the day but they were replaced with fresh ones every day anyway.
There was a European socket in the room and floor level deep safe and iron in the wardobe.
- We liked the cleaning in our room and it was a pleasant surprise to find no dust on the top of a wardrobe where kid’s toy jumped up once.
- We liked the helpfulness of the reservation manager who provided all the details which we’d requested before our stay and helped with the booking.
Neither advantage nor a disadvantage: breakfast. We expected much more from a ‘Mayfair morning breakfast’ but we have to admit that it was just exactly what you expect for that breakfast price. I prefer that it would be more expensive but with a 4 star hotel rich international variety.
Taxi through concierge: I would say ‘Good’ for the final service but for some reason at first we got a much higher price for the service. I think concierge should be more precise in his reply about different conditions which might affect the final price (congestion charge, time of the day, etc.) as we were about to order taxi from another company but before that just decided to check the price once again, so I still have no idea what was the reason of the price change.
I can’t say renovation works are a shortcoming because there will be more rooms with normal water mixers, fresh walls, etc. soon but it was quite cold in those parts of the hotel where repairing works were taking place – all windows opened, and part of the pass was closed with the film, so obviously there were some inconveniences for guests who stay next to that renovation or have to go through that sector however no sign ‘Sorry for inconvenience’.
- Old-fashioned water taps in most of the rooms.
- Expensive Wi-Fi.
- Stairs on the way to the room – had I known about it before I would have asked about ‘no stairs’ way to the room – it is a problem for tourists with a lot of luggage which was our case and on top of that our kid damaged her leg there.
- Ancient public computer - the online registration page appeared to be a too modern task for it! Thanks to one reception manager we did it on concierge computer but I can’t call that procedure convenient and fast.
- It is the 1st time we stay in such an old-fashioned hotel which at the same time belongs to a large modern hotel chain - a very strange feeling, if you want to get used to it - look carefully through all the pictures of the hotel interior beforehand,
- The most disappointing incident - a deposit was taken from my card at check in without letting me know about it as I learned about it one week later while checking my account and without offering me choice either to provide my card or to give cash deposit, not to mention that now it is already 1 month since that charge but the money are still not coming back, it is the 1st time in our travelling experience.
We appreciate that the hotel added points following that but I would prefer to be offered choice next time – whether I want a cash deposit or more than one month card deposit frozen not to mention that I would be more than happy to be at least informed in advance about any actions and amounts which involve my personal bank card.
November 13, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Donny13 A hotel of all - round quality.
Situated in a wonderful location , we found this hotel to
offer exceptional service.
The staff were polite , cheerful ,helpful & efficient. The room was
large , quiet , well appointed & spotlessly clean.
Food , especially breakfast ,was very good.
We would certainly recommend others to stay here - we will
definitely return !
November 11, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Alihalli It was fine for what we wanted
A very friendly, pleasant receptionist checked us in. The room was reasonably quiet as requested but the air conditioning was noisy. Bed quite comfortable once I took the plastic mattress cover off. Very clean room,, but the bathroom was a bit on the shabby side. Overall, we were perfectly satisfied as we got a very good rate. We didn't have breakfast so can't comment. Location was the main draw for this hotel and was excellent.
November 10, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Abdulaziz87 Not worth it
We booked a room for our honeymoon in this hotel, they gave us a very amazing view, which was on the Hotel trash, and when i arrived the hotel asked for my credit card so they can pre authorize the stay amount, the employee who did that for me didnt mention the hotel name in the pre authorization, so when it was the time to check out, they couldnt charge my credit card with the pre authorized amount, so i had to pay double the amount and request a cancelation for the pre autherization... It was a bad experience... Ill never stay in that hotel again.
November 9, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by touchmidas At its best it is Excellent
After afew wobbles earlier this year the HI Mayfair is back on form.
As a regular platinum customer I am always warmly welcomed and made most comfortable. The staff are great! Desk, concierges and the bar especially.
November 4, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 Excellent for overall experience
Excellent location literally within a minute from Green Park Tube Station and Piccadilly Line. Solid lodging experience within attractive neighbourhood and a few minutes walk-thru-a-park from Buckingham Palace. Absolutely perfect for a short-stay.
October 31, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by fristad excellent site for quick journey to city venue
I have stayed at this hotel for over a decade due to the friendly
bar staff, 'Joe'. It is ideally situated for access to key business
venues in my annual calendar e.g. masonic dinners, press conferences and straight journey to The City, e.g. Mansion House, St. Pauls'. It is also ideally placed for my railway journeys eg. Euston, Waterloo. The 'English' breakfast is very good value for money and one can relax on a Saturday ro Sunday morning. Like all hotels improvements can be made
and I am sure the manager will make sure they will be done during his 'watch'. I will always try to book at this hotel as I believe in 'loyalty'. I have been a Priority Club member since 1994, and will soon be using my loyalty points.
October 29, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by CGerman Excelente location
We have stayed twice in this hotel and we would go again.
October 26, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Hollydais Long weekend
This hotel was recommended to me by Avios and I will certainly take there advice again. My friend and I found the hotel comfortable very clean and the staff extremely helpful.
October 25, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Colchester2 Friendly service, great value.
Second stay at this hotel. The room was spotlessly clean and comfortable, staff are always helpful and friendly. Would stay again.
October 25, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Peter96 Ture enjoyment
Well had my favourite room at at Holiday Inn in London. Service for food in was excellent and the food quality very good. We spent a relaxing evening in the bar. Overall a very enjoyable stay.
October 23, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by flick11 great staff
The staff were amazing. It was my daughter's 18th birthday and the cake left in the room was a lovely touch. It made the stay magical for her. Thank you!
October 21, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by MichelinFan Location, location
For location the hotel takes some beating - a credit card's throw from Bond Street, Jermyn Street and Oxford Street and ideally situated for theatreland, the Ritz and a whole host of great restaurants. Beds comfortable (would have slept better had it not been for the creaking sound of a nearby crane early in the morning, but can't blame the hotel for that) and generous cooked breakfast promptly served at the requested time in our room.
Plenty of coathangers - always much welcomed - but probably time to upgrade the bedroom furniture and give the bathrooms a refit.
All in all a good stay.
October 15, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by caren18 Superb location
It couldn't have been much better....great location, food, staff. The minor snafu of not being able to get the wifi as promised due to our ihg status was not too much of a big deal but would have preferred spending the time sightseeing!
October 14, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 Very Good
I stayed here on October 2nd 3rd and 4th. For my 18th birthday. The staff were excellent. My mum told them that it was my birthday and the staff were amazing they put balloons, a card and a cake in our room for my birthday, it was very generous. The stay was amazing. Comfortable and in the heart of London. Very stylish. I loved it and I would stay again.
October 7, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by tmklee old style and broken room
I stayed at 7/F standard room, the room was very old style and the wooden desk broken. Lighting also need to upgrade. Internet has to pay.
October 7, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by 123BusinessTraveller Not great
I stayed here for one night 2nd October. The bedroom was dirty, the bath had scum marks around the top and the towels were grey.
Admittedly, when I reported this to Reception, they did move me to another room - but the towels were still 'grey' and the curtains sticky with grime.
I won't be returning.
October 7, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Kazmoid Comfortable bed
We stayed for one night.
We stayed in Room 105 in the Mayfair hotel and for some reason were given a room with disabled bathroom facility which was ok but the room was noisy in the night as it overlooked the courtyard so we could hear comings and goings of cars, luggage and delivery vehicles.
The lighting in the room was awful for women wanting to apply make up!! In fact it was impossible. A shame as we were getting ready to attend a wedding. There was also no hairdryer in the room.
Breakfast nice but expensive for what it was.
October 5, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by eitanoed General experience
I made reservation for two adults and children including b&b breakfast.
When we came to the hotel we were told breakfast is acceptable for children under 13 years old. While during reservation nothing was mention about it. At least our children were under 13 but customer should be aware of this and check it before reservation.
Beside, rooms are a little small for two double beds.
October 5, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Millers4 perfect location
the location of this hotel is perfect. The staff are very helpful and our room was ready very early for us which was fantastic. We had a family room which was a decent size. It was very clean although could do with modernization - especially the bathroom. But overall was wonderful.
September 26, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Leslie4 Superb staff, great location, very quiet for a central hotel,
Great welcome, superb staff, great location, very quiet for a central hotel, lots of nice touches.We had a fabulous stay. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. This made our time in London that much better. This was one of the greatest out of all the hotels I've stayed in around the world.
September 24, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Galena Confortable bad
The position of the hotel is perfect, everything is walking distance. Next to the hotel you have two of the most famous restorants in London, Nobu and Novikov. The staff and service is excellent.
September 23, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Lovelife The hotel, staff and room far exceeded my expectations - can't wait to return!
I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Mayfair for 2 nights as I was taking exams nearby. The hotel was superb. The staff were so friendly and the room was spotlessly clean and quiet. The housekeeping team deserve a special mention, they checked with me that my room was ok and were so friendly . The concierge and waiting team were also very helpful, kind and sociable. Nothing was too much trouble and we had a laugh along the way! I'm looking forward to staying here again, without the stress of exams when I can relax and really enjoy my surroundings. The hotel is in a perfect location for walking around the tourist spots and the tube is just around the corner.
September 23, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by IndyJohn Location, location, location.
I am so pleased I booked my stay at the Holiday Inn Mayfair. It was a great place to stay, the staff was very helpful and pleasant, and the location could not have been better. Easy walking distance to every primary landmark we hoped to visit. Great variety of eating spots, etc.
September 20, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by AYMUBARAK Average is the correct word
Really it is very difficult to have a nice hotel with reasonable price in London .. especially if you book before few days like what happened to me .. anyhow the good thing about Holiday Inn Mayfair is the location which was the most important thing for me since i was there for a training course in central London
September 16, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by nycvisitor2 Affordable, great location, clean and comfortable
A perfect decision for a family wanting two double bed, convenient location, and a comfortable stay.
September 15, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Ramoae Great location, tired looking hotel rooms
Outstanding location in London's west end, near Piccadilly street and green park. However, hotel lobby, rooms are in desperate need of major overhaul and upgrade. You're basically paying for the location.
September 11, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by ziad1 Very disappointed from the condition of the room we were given (#643)
I had stayed at the Holiday Inn Mayfair since 1989. It was always my preferred hotel in London because of the location, the rooms, etc...
I was very disappointed of the condition of room 643. First, the wall paper is dirty. the air conditioning is noisy and does not cool. The amenities provided are the very strict minimum.
All above are in comparison with four stars hotels in London in the same area.
I may understand that cutting down expenses could be a requirement, but in hotel and hospitality business, I consider this as cutting down guests.
September 11, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Barbra05 Great location
We asked for a quiet room and it really was quiet and was very comfortable. The central location of the hotel was brilliant, with so much within walking distance. The only down side was the staff ! It was my husbands 65th birthday the day we arrived and a few days before,I rang the hotel to ask if they could put something in our room to mark the occasion. Unfortunately this didn t happen. I mentioned it at reception only to be met with total indifference from 2 of the staff. We ordered a sandwich in the bar and had to wait about 30 minutes and my husband had to chase it up. It was about 2.15pm and the bar was not busy ! On the other hand there were 2 concierge on duty during our stay and they were both excellent. We didn t use the restaurant during our stay. We would use the hotel again.
September 10, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by xliu1964 Worst Experiences in my whole life with IHG chain of hotels
1) Definitely no any recognition for Platinum Elite member, especially for the front desk lady, name SARAH
She claimed she is the manager and refused me to talk her supervisor.
2) I was surprised by my reservation has been used by other person before I checked-in at 11:45AM, and SARAH did not admitted this was only their mistakes, only said it was miss-understanding because she said the guest name is "exactly" same as mine, except the guest was a lady not gentlemen...without any proven record for this reservation.
it as token a hour and SARAH found a room for me.
3) She used many times of "refuse to check you in" because she said the regular check-in time was 2PM and no rooms for me after that room was taken, but other front desk person kept checking other guests... Feel very bad even I had reservation and I am Elite member.
4) There was no any sign of SARAH can help... and I was surprise how this Holidays Inn can keep this kind of rude people in front desk and work as a "Manager"...
5) When I got into the room SARAH gave to me... it is for single opposition with all setup for 1 person (towers, rob...) except a queen size bed... I needed to ask them again to reset-up for my wife and I.
September 10, 2013