Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by MickeyD44 A comfortable experience
We spent a night at the this hotel on our return from Hong Kong on the way to the east coast. We were exhausted but found this short stay revived us for the continuing trip the next day. We ate in the hotel which was quite good. We found the staff friendly, competent and attentive to our needs.
November 20, 2012
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by SoftwareCreator A mix. Amazing Food. Great Catering Staff. Panhandling in hallway.
I really want to like this place. The food is so great. The food service and bar staff are great.
But they have a lot of management problems they are unwilling to face. They have no real sense of how their hotel runs.
1. My guests were panhandled inside the hotel for a period over an hour.
2. I was panhandled as I brought in computer equipment.
3. I never saw a security person. They claim to have them and one of my staff did see one. I searched regularly and never saw one. When we needed a door locked, they would "call security", who never came, but instead after asking for 15 minutes and having their staff walk around the hotel searching, they would find a banquet employee with a key.
4. They have a marked loading loading zone in front of the hotel but bus drivers will yell at you and honk obnoxiously if you use it. The staff seem to not want to put the drivers in line and let them abuse customers. The drivers have no problem. Cars parked in the Yellow loading zone do not block buses.
5. They have tiny parking spaces at the back, most of the parking, that cars do not fit in so they tend to take 2 spaces or at least more than one space. With no security and such a poor area, no one wants to park near the unprotected entry. This leaves very little convenient parking. The hotel management being so unresponsive, they will probably dismiss this complaint.
6. Holding a 5 day event, the event planner never greeted me. My first day of the event I had to wait for a food server to greet me. No catering sales or management would take responsibility.
7. There is practically no power in event rooms and no staff will ask to take care of power. You can expect you will have to pay an outside company for what is normal to include with a room.
8. My customers and staff found reserved rooms were not available or not properly entered in their system. I had to spend hours working on fixing their mistakes.
9. Emails were often not replied to and when replied to were not clear. Simple plans were not followed. Simple questions were answered politely, but not as a clear answer to the actual question.
10. Staff do not carry or use radios. If they need a staff person, other people have to wander the hotel and go up and down elevators instead of just calling to lock a door or bring something. I did the same, wandering around to find someone, hoping through a game of telephone to get a message to someone that we needed a door locked or a food change.
They were very generous and easy going on the room booking, which is why we chose them over other locations.
I wish good for this hotel. I wish they had a manager that could look at their policies and procedure and make something that would deliver results. They might need a consultant to review that they are actually delivering compared to what they think they are delivering.
November 20, 2012
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Steve56 Good Location.
This hotel is in need of refurbishment.It is not good value.
November 19, 2012
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Comp31 Wrong room and Dirty
Room requested (King Bed) was not the room I received (two double beds) and I was too tired to get it changed. The room was also dirty and the carpet needs replaced.
November 16, 2012
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 Great Location & Staff; VERY Noisy
This is a great location for an LAX airport stayover. Shuttle service is efficient and friendly. The bar and restaurant are comfortable and reasonable. The neighborhood is marginal if you decide to go for a walk; be prepared for a bit of seediness. Main complaint was the noise from the airport; this property needs some sound isolation help. Overall a good value if you sleep soundly.
November 11, 2012
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Somersetkid57 rude Staff and bad service.
I would not recommend for anyone traveling to LA to stay at this hotel. The staff are rude, obviously they've had no customer training with regard to smiling -let alone assisting a tired traveller. The booking by phone through their head office re an early check in was ignored by the hotel and the staff refused to honour the phone booking.
The hotel is tired and the rooms need a complete clean and revamp. I use this chain in the UK and the service there and the quality of rooms is far superior.
Most disappointing. JG
November 10, 2012
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Billymac Poor Employee Job Execution & Non-Responsive Management
Room was called late at night with an automated hotel advertisement for conference services.
Took 3 calls to the staff in order for them to tell me the correct procedure to get voicemails off their system.
Maid did not put any bath towels in our room one day. Took 2 phone calls in evening (1 delivery of wrong items and 1 non-delivery of promised towels) and 1 walk to the front the desk the next morning in order for us to get our bath towels.
Upon returning home on day of check out we realized we had forget an item in the room so we called hotel & was directed to voicemail. Never got a return call.
Sent email to HI Customer Care & was promised it would be forwarded to this hotel. Never got a response from the hotel.
Days later I see the hotel had overcharged me by $25....is supposed to be backed out.
The restaurant staff needs to receive honorable mention on the poor service roster as well. Family ate in there twice during our stay & not once would a waiter come back & check on how the food was and/or to refill drinks. That's basic restaurant service 101.
Poor service is one thing (it occasionally happens), but to receive poor service over & over is another, & when the management doesn't care enough to respond to assist customers and/or address formal complaints then that just tells one everything you need to know.
November 3, 2012
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by PeterfromRC LAX Holiday Inn and Parking
We arrived late on Oct 25 and the check in went well. We were exhausted from a long day of flying. The room was away from the elevator and sleeping was great. Hotel provides a great place to park and fly too. The room was however missing some items like the ice bucket (has occurred before) and some towel sizes. The restaurant food is great and the employees very helpful.
November 2, 2012
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Soni Can't Get Out
We had to use three different pass keys to exit the premises.
November 1, 2012
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Carina Dont Stay Here!
This is the worst Holiday Inn experience I have ever had. I have stayed in alot of hotels and this was just no good. The lady checking me in was extremely rude and not helpful at all! The other guest of the hotel were loud all night, they were blaring music and the people up front would not do anything about it. The worst part was that @6:00am outside people were striking and just yelling at the top of their lungs in spanish!! I mean really settle it so people can enjoy their stay! I will never stay here again when in LA!
October 28, 2012
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by steffie A busy place makes it difficult to find a comfortable sleep
We stayed only one night at this Holiday Inn. It was apparent at check in that they were quite full. Many disatisfied customers were standing in line frustrated about their accomodations.
We were told at check-in that as Priority Club members our room had been upgraded. I'm not sure what that meant except that I no longer had 2 queen beds for my daughter and I. We ended up sharing a king bed.
Down the hall and baby cried about every 45 minutes all night long. While I felt sorry for the parents I felt frustrated that all night long I was awakened every 45 minutes. This was not a good place to get a good nights sleep.
October 27, 2012
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by George17 Great Service but Poor Grounds
The outside property needs improvements. There is hardly any landscaping just pavement and fence. Not sightly at all! However, the lobby area was clean as well as my room.
October 25, 2012
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by TiredMom Great for a layover
I recently stayed at the hotel twice as I had an overnight layover to and from an international trip. The hotel is very accomodating, they let me check in a 8 a.m. and after a 12 hour flight this was very much appreciated. The hotel looks are deceiving its kind of shabby needs some TLC (curb appeal isn't so appealing) BUT it is clean and the beds are so comfortable I honestly found them more comfortable than some 5 stars I've stayed in. Its quiet, the airport shuttle is consistent and the distance to the airport is short. If the convenience store in the hotel sold a bottle of wine it would have been perfect!!
October 22, 2012
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Grace830 Internet Service and Business Center
The wireless conection was horrible and I have never stsy at a hotel that I had to pay to use the computer and printer in the business center.
October 21, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Omega1 Convenient and well appointed hotel.
It was a very clean and convenient with everything for a relaxing and comfortable stay. The staff were very helpful and went out of their way to make our stay more enjoyable.
October 20, 2012
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Comisky Everything is extra
Big hotel, nice lobby. They charged me for parking when I did not even have a car there! Been trying to get my money back for almost a month now. Check your bill before you checkout!!!
No coffee available in lobby. Constant harassment by homeless outside the building asking for change.
October 18, 2012
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by swhol Great Place to Stary
The working staff, room and building was was very nice. The union staff was striking outside and yelling in the streets starting at 5:30 AM.. Yes.. this was irritating since all I wanted to do was get some sleep after a very very very long trip.. Since unions typically negotiate every 2 -4 years I am confident you will have a nice stay between contracts. Close to airport and clean.
October 16, 2012
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by AAROGES Dirty and nasty
In addition to being woken up at 5:30 am due to a labor strike.
October 16, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Kimtraveller Excellent hotel close to LAX.
I had the best experience at this Holiday Inn. Friendly, fast and efficient check in. They catered to my requests, and the room was excellent. Extremely friendly bar staff! Nice furnishings, easy to get to LAX.
October 14, 2012