Rated 3.9 out of 5 by 270
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by cttraveler1 Mixed Feelings
First the positives:
1. Location is great if going to concerts or football game--only 5-15 minutes away from the venues.
2. Great indoor pool with rooms overlooking pool. Probably great for families.
3. Convenience of restaurant and bar in the hotel is good for individuals and families alike.
Now, the negatives:
1. Little/no recognition of platinum status. In fact, had to go down to the front desk the next day to request "Welcome Bonus" points, which still have not shown up in my account in spite of an email sent, for which I still have not received a response.
2. Room overall was clean. However, there were some spots of nasty mold on the caulk around the tub. Needs to be better taken care of.
3. Lighting in parking lot needs to be improved. Lot is huge, and, especially around the back side of the hotel, it is quite dark an leaves an eerie feeling going in from the car.
4. Front desk process and communication needs to be streamlined and communication improved. We checked in under two reservations, one being a regular night, one being a reward night (note to corporate, this needs to be streamlined on website as you cannot book these two different types of nights under one reservation.) This seemed to confuse the front desk a bit, and we had to come back the second day and "reup" our room keys, which was kind of a pain. Further, the fact that we were staying in our room two nights and not one was not communicated to the cleaning staff (see below.) On the second night, we requested a late checkout to 12 noon instead of 11AM, which was granted, but not communicated to the cleaning staff, either. (see below).
5. Because of the miscommunication between the front desk and cleaning staff, at about 11AM the first morning, we received a knock (actually several) on the door from the housekeeping supervisor asking when we were going to vacate the room, even though the "Do Not Disturb" sign was on the door. We advised him that we would be staying another night and that this was told to the front desk. He was clearly not happy with this, not really rude, but gruff, and gave us the preprinted note that housekeeping had come around and saw our Do Not Disturb sign, and would recheck later, but if it was up after 1PM, we would have to call for service. When he handed this to us, we advised him that we would be leaving the room in 15 minutes and would be out for the day, so come back in about 15 minutes. When we returned late that night, we found that the room had not been serviced at all, but as it was midnight, we decided not to call down to the front desk. Nearly the same thing happened the next morning, as housekeeping was not advised of the late checkout--several knocks on the door at 11AM with the Do Not Disturb sign out, and a similar conversation and attitude. This needs to be improved.
6. It does not appear that this location has "Express Checkout." We did not receive the receipts under the door on either day, which forced us to go to the front desk to get the receipt printout, which was inconvenient.
7. Soundproofing on the rooms needs to be improved in any upcoming remodel. We were able to hear even the slightest sounds from the adjoining rooms on either side.
8. The hotel is quite large, but the layout, or at least the signage to the rooms, needs to be improved. It is a bit odd that the most direct way to some of the rooms on one side of the building requires you to walk through what appears to be an overflow portion of the restaurant/bar. It feels weird to walk through with luggage while people are eating. Also, in an effort to keep the "courtyard feel" of the very nice atrium, it can be difficult to find the signs leading you to the rooms--when checking in, we wandered for about 10 minutes with luggage trying to find the way into the room hallway.
June 25, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by larryk13 Good service but terrible mattress
the one negative, which was a big one, was that the mattress was far too soft and made sleeping rather comfortable for the entire night.
Other than that, other areas of the hotel, including the restaurant were excellent. The room itself was clean but for whatever reason, lacked a refrigerator (which is fairly standard among most hotel chains.
June 24, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Juron close to concerts~
we booked a shuttle recommended by the hotel! Easy drop off and pick-up. Very convenient
June 23, 2015