Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Mimo1234 Not recommended
1) There are no executive rooms and they don't do any upgrade of the rooms even if you are a Platinum member.
2) The reception guy (night shift) is very cold in his behaviour.
3) The rooms are very old looking and poorly maintaind.
3) No coffee machine in the room.
4) They claim that Mestre train station is only 1.5 km far from the hotel. NOT TRUE. It is at least 4 km far.....
5) Bus number 6 that leads to venice is far from the hotel.
I do not recommend this Holiday Inn and I think that it is in no way represents the Holiday Inn brand.
May 8, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by DunY Average but far
Initially it sounded like a good idea to book outside of the Venice city center to save money (cheaper nightly rates). However we ended up spending so much more. The public bus that the website said conveniently should get us from the airport to the hotel actually ended by the time we arrived (which was about 8:30pm) so we paid €45 for the taxi ride which was just 20 minutes!! The shuttle was indeed really worth it, but you had to register with the reception desk in advance which time you wanted to take there and back. It's not a simple hop on hop off and the shuttle didn't run returns until early evening. The room was overall comfortable but the shower door was a little broken, so water leaked all over the floor. The staff was quite helpful and most of them were quite friendly.
May 1, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Celt52 Venice
The hotel is situated very close to a busy access road which leads to heavy traffic and resultant noise levels.
Advertised as having air conditioning, being told this is not available until May when room temperatures can reach over 27C does not lead to a comfortable and relaxing stay. On asking about the AC being told to open the windows is not exactly helpful, especially when the heavy traffic continues late into the evening and builds from 6am, sleep not restful in these conditions. Reception did facilitate a change of room to the rear of the hotel where it was far quieter.
The area is pleasant if you venture beyond the hotel grounds.
Access to Venice by shuttle was possible and provided by the hotel, although costs. The hotel is about 10 clicks from Venice, which is lovely.
Not all advertised amenities present.
April 28, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by LoveItaly Convenient Location near Venice
If visiting Venice, this hotel is conveniently located near a bus stop. The elevators showed enticing photos from the restaurant (pizzas), so we wanted to try the pizza from the restaurant, but unfortunately, it charges a 4 euro per person charge. There's four of us and 4 euro per person is just too much, so we opted not to eat there. The desk did not mind recommending an Italian restaurant about 3 blocks away and BTW the restaurant's food was incredible and VERY cheap (Al Calesse). The rooms in this hotel are great and the staff is great,including the breakfast staff and the cleaning staff.
April 20, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by stacey1910 excellent value for money
we recently stayed at this hotel for our first trip to Venice. we didn't realize how far away from Venice it actually was. on our first night we decided to use the hotel shuttle bus as a return which cost us 8 euro each and run on a limited basis (last bus back was at 11 pm), however we were advised by locals to purchase a travel ticket for public transport in which we did. this cost us 35 euro each but was for 3 days and this provided us access to all public transport from Mestre to Venice and also the water buses in Venice itself. we found these tickets very useful as its unlimited use and allowed us to come and go as we please.
the hotel itself was very good value for money. the bed was amazingly comfortable and all facilities of what you would expect for a holiday inn. the room was very clean and all staff were very friendly.
we stayed as room only and did not make use of the restaurant as we wanted to explore and eat out in Venice itself however we did stop occasionally for drinks at the hotel bar.
the only problem we came across was our fridge did not work so anything we kept in the fridge was actually warm.
we have both said we would stay here again and would recommend this hotel to family and friends.
April 18, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by rcvaz Very comfortable, easy access to Venice
Very comfortable room, as one would expect. Great service at the reception. I would leave a couple of comments:
- It would be useful to have more information on how one can get from the airport to the hotel via the n. 15 bus. One can find it out with a little browsing, but having that information (e.g. leave at the 2nd stop in via Beccaria), and how to go from there to the hotel, would be useful. The map that you give out in the reception has that information, so putting it on the website would be easy.
- It is a bit inconvenient that the room does not include Wi-Fi internet. The service is good, and not expensive, but I would rather pay a few extra € for the room and be given an username and password when checking in.
But in general, a great stay! The hotel restaurant is ok in case of an emergency, but one can easily find other options around the hotel, close to the train station, and of course in Venice itself.
March 18, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by ronam 2 night stay
Great position for visiting Venice if arriving by car. Really appreciated the shuttle service into the centre. Room was spacious with a very large comfortable bed. No bath unfortunately. Dinner was a bit disappointing as we were the only people in the dining room. Food was average. Helpful staff. Would recommend.
January 16, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Cortowinch Too expensive and too cold
The good points:
- Nice and tidy rooms (at least mine, 309)
- Very expensive food in the restaurant (8EUR for a small ice-cream !)
- 4EUR/person if you take less than 2 courses (never seen that anywhere else !)
- Far from everything (the bus proposed by the hotel is very dear
- 8EUR vs. less than 2EUR for a bus)
- Reception quite cold (he could not retreive my booking, and it seemed to be my fault...)
- I'm platinium member, and has been received as anyone else.
Will never come back in this hotel.
January 4, 2013